ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah - 2024 Offer

Don't want to read too much into this, but throwing it out there. I suspect the level of competition isn't real high and his own team doesn't appear to be filled with college-level talent.

Reactions: urfan1
Don't want to read too much into this, but throwing it out there. I suspect the level of competition isn't real high and his own team doesn't appear to be filled with college-level talent.

I do want to read too much into this.
Therefore I expect him to come here and for that to be his freshman average... 🤣

I have known a lot of mountain boys in Kentucky who can flat out play. I don't know how athletic this guy is, but you can tell from his film that he has never seen a 3-point line that he doesn't like. He rises and fires with no hesitation.

He should head to Grinnell then, where they attempted 111 threes and 0 twos in a game the other day.

• Wow
Reactions: gospidersgo
I was just watching his FRESHMAN year highlights.
this big fella's playing PG!

He started on the high school team as an eighth grader, averaging 12 points. He averaged 20 as a frosh and 28 last year.

Good video of him playing guard as a freshman. I googled him and found another video of him shooting 3's.

really worry about footspeed/quickness from what I see. There is also a lot of way under the rim play in that freshman video so competition in the league has to be considered against stats.

really worry about footspeed/quickness from what I see. There is also a lot of way under the rim play in that freshman video so competition in the league has to be considered against stats.
here he is playing up for a 17u AAU team on the Adidas circuit. says he's 6'5" ... not 6'7". and it was this May.

For those worried about the mountain competition, Fairdale is a suburban Louisville school.
he can only play who's on the schedule.
he gets his tough comp on the Adidas AAU circuit. whether he has foot speed to defend at our level is to be determined. AAU highlights just showed him hitting shots. but since we offered I assume we think he can play.

The guys from the mountains (Harlan) know how to play. They certainly don't have the athletes that some of the city schools have, but they play basketball the way kids from Brazil grow up having a soccer ball at their feet.

The KotB is a pretty decent tourney. Sagemont (FL) participated this year (Joe Kirby and Tomas Verbinskis went there). About half of the Top 10 KY teams participated this year. Harlan beat one of the traditionally strong Louisville schools before losing by 12 to another Louisville school (Ranked #9 in state).

Worth mentioning that he also plays AAU ball with Reed Sheppard, #1 player in state, who just signed with UK.

Last edited:
Looks like he had 17 on Thursday and went for 20 yesterday.

Another stat-stuffing performance on Friday, but looks like getting some interest from VT and UCF is coming in to watch.

Again, don't know if this is unofficial or official. I assume unofficial though.

wonder where he's sitting on credits? maybe he could reclass up a year!

Definitely still have questions about the level of competition in these high school games, but of course he also plays AAU ball. Would like to see more solid offers come in for him, but it certainly looks like he can shoot it.

Reactions: spiderman
I've seen a lot of highlight videos, but that's the first that's ever spent half of the time showing unspectacular but solid man defense! lol.

clearly a shooter and has an advanced handle for a 6'7" high school wing. I'm confident he could play at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT