ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Here's what I've got under Mooney based on a quick survey...

Francis (Wagner): 515
Quinn (Lafayette): 427
Roche (Citadel): 355
Cline (Niagara): 262
Bigelow (Wofford): 243
Crabtree (Tulane): 212
Yates (Yale): 157
Madrid-Andrews (Chicago State): 110
Wood (Virginia Tech): 104
Abakah (Northeastern): 49
so as can see ... Bigelow will be almost as good as TJ.
Quinn and Roche substantially better.
giphy.gif

And here's what I've got showing their trends from their final year at their old schools to their first years at Richmond. Keep in mind that different guys were in different situations...some came right to play as grad transfers, some were undergrads who had to sit a year, etc.

Francis (Wagner): 515 -> 442
Quinn (Lafayette): 427
Roche (Citadel): 355
Cline (Niagara): 262 -> 413
Bigelow (Wofford): 243
Crabtree (Tulane): 212 -> 19 (only played 4 games due to injuries)
Yates (Yale): 157 -> 126
Madrid-Andrews (Chicago State): 110 -> 4
Wood (Virginia Tech): 104 -> 259
Abakah (Northeastern): 49 -> 9

Reactions: plydogg
I would love to hear the JMA backstory. Like what in the hell was that situation? A transfer from the worst Division I program who wasn't any good to begin with, and then he put up 4 points for us all season. We would have been better just leaving the spot vacant. That was a complete disaster.

Reactions: spider23
I like the idea of guys coming from lower leagues roughly maintaining their performance.

But hope most guys dropping down don't increase performance quite so much since we dont get many...

JMA was just a one-year rental, and I think Mooney probably just figured he needed another big body for practice. Things were shaky with Solly, Grant's future was maybe still in limbo when we brought in JMA, Friendshuh wasn't developing, etc., so it was probably just desperation.

Reactions: urfan1
JMA was just a one-year rental, and I think Mooney probably just figured he needed another big body for practice. Things were shaky with Solly, Grant's future was maybe still in limbo when we brought in JMA, Friendshuh wasn't developing, etc., so it was probably just desperation.

It was desperation. Remember our locked & loaded grad transfer that year supposedly was Hans Brase. We didn't have a fallback option after we lost him.

Hans Brace. he's another of my "can't miss" guys. great highlight reel.
good thing I'm not a recruiter.

He was trying to come back from two ACL tears...didn't work out super great for him. Minor role player at Iowa State in that grad year.

Writing from Cherbourg at the moment!

It’s going to be open season on transferring as much as you want with immediate eligibility as long as you meet deadlines once this passes:

• Sad
Reactions: gospidersgo
Writing from Cherbourg at the moment!

It’s going to be open season on transferring as much as you want with immediate eligibility as long as you meet deadlines once this passes:

Complete chaos.Zero loyalty.

I'm ok with the rules leaning in favor of student-athletes.
it certainly can make things more difficult for some schools and coaches. but we've pretty consistently shown that if you treat your athletes well they prefer to stay rather than move.
loyalty should be earned, not forced.

Reactions: gcarter52
That is the dumbest summary of Paris I've ever heard, from a guy who has been there 36 hours. My takeaway on his intelligence remains unchanged.

Good for the players - finally being treated the same as the coaches who make millions as far as freedom of movement.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Bamisile got his waiver…

Yep, mentioned back in April when he transferred I fully expected he would get waiver. but I think u SF and a few others were skeptical of that b/c of the supposed two-time transfer deal. But it's been the trend for a while to give out waivers, and for someone who had a coaching change this was easy to foresee. And I don't think schools are going to take these guys to give up a 2 year ship for 1 year of playing without that expectation either. Personally I'd rather they have rules they stick by but the NCAA seems to have virtually no enforcement capabilities these days anyway.

if he was transferring to a mid major they would have denied the waiver

Ha. Tho I've seen some for mid majors too. But I'm cynical enough to believe its harder.

It's like when Kentucky broke ncaa rules, it meant Morehead State is going on probation. Duke or UNC does...uh oh watch out NC A&T.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
One writers list:

Quinn in at 46:

Hard to see everything at once with this format, but I believe the highest ranked A10 transfer on this list.

Hard to see everything at once with this format, but I believe the highest ranked A10 transfer on this list.
Yep. Others from the A-10:

71. Matt Cross (UMass)
75. David Skogman (Davidson)
82. Dae Dae Grant (Duquesne)
84. Brayon Freeman (Rhode Island)
85. Victor Bailey (Mason)
93. Bryce Golden (Loyola)

Yep. Others from the A-10:

71. Matt Cross (UMass)
75. David Skogman (Davidson)
82. Dae Dae Grant (Duquesne)
84. Brayon Freeman (Rhode Island)
85. Victor Bailey (Mason)
93. Bryce Golden (Loyola)
mite, damn! not a mention of his wingspan huh...probably has tiny T-Rex arms!

Time to revive this thread now that seasons are starting to end...

We're among a long list of teams who have reached out to Wofford grad transfer BJ Mack, a 6'8 F who averaged 16.5 pts and 5.5 rebounds this year. Believe this is the first guy we've contacted so far. Definitely rememeber playing against him and being impressed. Possible reunion with Bigelow?

Mack can certainly play...first team All SoCon this year after second-team last year. Though I do like his 44.8% from deep that he had last year better than his 33.5% this year. Definitely a versatile big, and as is clear, he's going to have no shortage of offers. Obviously gonna need the Bigelow connection to come through to have any chance.

He originally committed to VT, then reopened and went to South Florida for a year, then transferred to Wofford.

Bunch more big names that have reached out to him. He's only been in the portal a few hours.

Honestly didn't think we'd be active with transfer guys just yet considering we still have a game tomorrow, but recruiting never stops.

Reactions: MDspider8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT