ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

More info on Jones here. He could have stayed at Davidson and finished his career there, but is choosing to go elsewhere.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Carson McCorkle transferring from UVA. Had big time offers out of high school. 6'3 shooting guard who shot 52% from 3 and 89% from the line his junior year of high school, and 55% from 3 and 90% from the line his senior year of high school. Couldn't get any playing time in 2 years at UVA, but that could be a system thing. He'll play somewhere. SDad75, you might know a lot more about him?

Per the above this didn't necessarily affect Jones but man Davidson is unlucky with not having any grad programs. They were looking good for next season with everyone basically back but Luka. They'll be fine but Jones loss hurts.

Those Mitchell twins r the least surprising. Even if Cox was back it wouldn't have been a surprise at all.

Carson McCorkle transferring from UVA. Had big time offers out of high school. 6'3 shooting guard who shot 52% from 3 and 89% from the line his junior year of high school, and 55% from 3 and 90% from the line his senior year of high school. Couldn't get any playing time in 2 years at UVA, but that could be a system thing. He'll play somewhere. SDad75, you might know a lot more about him?

Good call 4700. Former teammate of Dji. At one point SpiderDad75 referenced a transfer interest from a connection. Hmm. I like the Wright kid out of Princeton but there r options, we need to be successful landing 2-3 legit transfers with these 3 available ships.

I'm sure Davidson will be all over him, which means we should too. Here is old article on commitment. davidson was in on him then.

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/20...-carson-mccorkle-five-star-elite-rankings-usa

I know him and family well Dji’s teammate since 8th grade. Have spoken to dad already 😀 can flat out fill it up, athletic and has bunnies. Needs some work on ball handling but could def help us.

This is one place I agree with 4700 - shooting is a key concern for next year. Both McCorkle and Wright would fit the bill. Wright proven at the college level, McCorkle higher upside AND three years left.

Still like Jake Stephens at VMI. Thinking of very early in the season when Golden was confident and making those threes - that provides a huge boost to the offense. With Cayo a non 3 pt shooter really shrinks the court. Stephens shot 49% from 3 this year. At 6'11. At the very least that really pulls out opposing big man and opens up driving/slashing lanes. Not super athletic, and I don't think a great fit with Grace, but would really add an element on offense.

Hey, maybe Stephens is buddies with our new QB-WR duo from VMI...
I had seen that the VMI QB was coming our way, so you never know if that is a factor.

Looking at NCAA stats, it seems like Stephens would have led the country in 3pt % if he had a few more attempts? He did attempt five per game, not sure what the cut off would be?

Stephens made 74 on 151 attempted.

• Wow
Reactions: gospidersgo
He was one made three-pointer short of qualifying...the mark is 2.5 made threes per game while playing in at least 75% of your team's games. He played in 30 of VMI's 32 games, so he needed 75 made threes to qualify.

Interestingly, he shot 34.5%, 33.1% and 31.5% from three in his first three years, so a huge jump to 49.0% in his final year.

Here is a better list with more guys qualifying. The NCAA's 2.5 a game is ridiculous. Less than 100 guys did that. Stevens was 7th in the country on this list. Very impressive.

Reactions: spider23
A 6-11 guy who shot better than 50% from three in 17 games this year? That is insane! And he's an 80% FT shooter.

Yeah, he seems to do everything. And hey, I don't care what position a guy plays if he can shot 50% from three and make 2 to 7 of them every night. We sure need that in our lineup.

Last edited:
9 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 2 blocks...yep, certainly filling the stat sheet with more than just points.

Reactions: plydogg
UVA had huge shooting issues this year on a team that was lacking in talent. If McGorkle couldn't bust into that line-up with their issues, that would be a red flag. Obviously, you have to play defense for TB or you aren't playing so maybe that was an issue. But in general in looking in the transfer market, it is easier to see if guys have games that can translate at the D-1 level by just seeing if they could play at the place their were initially at.

That's great, but would prefer my 6'11" center scoring in the paint.
I agree but I mean from the the opponent's paint.
I'm looking for a player that shoots >50% from three with each three also counting as a block...

Rahsool Diggins into the portal. Classmate of Randolph at Archbishop Wood.

Reactions: urfan1
more detail and quotes from Quinn.
Just bumping this name back up, since I don't see recent updates. But his Assist to Turnover rate vs 2021 Patriot only schedule was ridiculous. Same Turnover rate as Gilly and 40% more assists?

UVA supposedly has three 4 Stars coming in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT