ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

obviously great production, but don't let the 3 point percentage fool you. he's not a shooter. he's a get to the rim guy. daring him to shoot from outside. awful balance on his free throws.

Nice video. Yeah, for a guy who makes his living slashing, having a FT form like that, needs some work. I don't know exactly how he fits our offensive system BUT, if he indeed did average 17 points and 6 boards as a freshman, also don't know how you turn that down if he wants to come here.

Seems like we should have a legit shot with that list, though a couple things:
Location, location, ...: If looking to stay close to home (from Mass.) where his family could drive to games, Northeastern and URI would be logical.
Arkansas: Musselman is a very dynamic recruiter.
Grand Canyon U: New coach and top 5 fans/game arena experience in the country.
I missed Thunder Dan leaving...

Nice video. Yeah, for a guy who makes his living slashing, having a FT form like that, needs some work. I don't know exactly how he fits our offensive system BUT, if he indeed did average 17 points and 6 boards as a freshman, also don't know how you turn that down if he wants to come here.
I'm more curious how on 84 FTs, 186 2s, 11 3s in 29 games he averaged more than 16.86...

I guess the 1 game he didn't start in, didn't count?

He scored 521 ponts in 30 games for a 17.4 average.

I’m not going to say anything crazy like we should expect that same production in the A10. But this guy after just his FRESHMAN year was on pace to be a 2k point scorer. That’s pretty crazy!

Does anyone know if the proposed one-time transfer rule that allows immediate eligibility is 1 time no matter what, or is 1 time as an undergrad? I'm wondering if it would wrap the current grad transfer rule into it. Meaning if u take the 1 time waiver then if u become a grad transfer later u can no longer use it & would have to sit out a year. Or do you get 1 as undergrad and u still get 1 as a grad. Which I think would be chaos.

Does anyone know if the proposed one-time transfer rule that allows immediate eligibility is 1 time no matter what, or is 1 time as an undergrad? I'm wondering if it would wrap the current grad transfer rule into it. Meaning if u take the 1 time waiver then if u become a grad transfer later u can no longer use it & would have to sit out a year. Or do you get 1 as undergrad and u still get 1 as a grad. Which I think would be chaos.
What if you got 3 transfers per athlete with no sit out year?

I think there should be at least a little something to discourage free agent transferring. if not the redshirt year, then maybe a 30 day sit like they do in high school. nothing punitive, but at least make a kid think about it.

Santos-Silva is headed to Texas Tech.
Beard is a great coach, VCU is gonna be ass next year. This was a good decision by MSS. Obviously sucks for VCU, but if your not gonna be good next year, you at least have to great locker room chemistry to keep kids and apparently they were lacking that area as well.

Matt Painter with some comments this week about Matt Haarms and Nojel Eastern transferring:

"A lot of times, it just comes down to competition. Matt, in the simplest terms, we tried to play those two guys together (Haarms and Trevion Williams) and it didn't work. That's competition, and Trevion was playing better. With Nojel, somebody's not playing. They decide that, not me. It's competitive. If you don't want to be here, the door swings both ways.

“I think when you look at the center position where Matt Haarms was, we tried to play Trevion Williams and him together and it did not work. To his defense, he got hurt. He had two concussions. Him leaving — I don’t know how things changed for him. That’s what I kind of look at. I try to take a step back and look at it from their perspective. OK, how could you better yourself? Are you gonna go play against better competition in the league that you went to? No. When I look at the position and say, ‘OK, it worked for Caleb Swanigan in that position. It worked for A.J, Hammons in that position. It worked for Carl Landry in that position. It worked for JaJuan Johnson.’ You want me to keep going? It worked for Isaac Haas. Trevion Williams is gonna be a good player, … but in reality, Trevion Williams beat him out. That’s it.”

This should clear up any doubt about why Haarmes transferred and how much (little) playing time he likely would have gotten had he stayed.

Wow I can’t wait to root against Purdue after hearing those quotes. He must be so pissed that Haarms left to go to that length to trash him on the way out. No class!
Yeah, when you read the entire article, Painter comes off even worse.

yes, that is true. I'm guessing this guy is going P6 route anyway after getting feedback from scouts too. He would have created quite the buzz in the RC if we had somehow landed him. Great pick up in Dji though, need to build on that momentum and our pre-season rankings and grab some '21 studes
Sadly was a poor choice of words. We should be happy with the current commits.
It just would have been nice to dream about Gate City/Dunk City in the RC in 2021.

While I agree he'd be a very long shot for us anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned with the fact there appears to be no room at the Inn. One thing I think we have all learned is that never really seems to a problem in the end. Space can be created (and we play that game just like everybody else). If he would be considering us, we should go hard after him and we'll figure out how to make it work. Again, i seriously doubt we'd ever be in the mix with this guy, but if we can be, we should be and we'll find a spot if he says yes!

McClung's likely looking for one year at a high major. not a target here to me.
what's going on with Ewing at G'town? I thought that was going to work well, but that's the 5th guy in the portal this year.

When's the last time a former star college player turned out to be a great college coach?

yes, that is true. I'm guessing this guy is going P6 route anyway after getting feedback from scouts too. He would have created quite the buzz in the RC if we had somehow landed him. Great pick up in Dji though, need to build on that momentum and our pre-season rankings and grab some '21 studes
Here is a Stude...
%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-10-1140x550.jpg

Didn't know they were making them in 2021...:)

McClung's likely looking for one year at a high major. not a target here to me.
what's going on with Ewing at G'town? I thought that was going to work well, but that's the 5th guy in the portal this year.
Agreed, but man he is an exciting player to watch.

McClung can give you some highlight-reel dunks, and some crazy athleticism, but I'm not sure what else he offers. He is under 30% from 3 for his career and only averaged 2.2 assists with 1.9 turnovers his 2 years at Gtown. I will stick with our guys.

If the Moon man ever played with frosted tips at Princeton I think he wins automatically. This is only a rumor. Maybe someone can dig up an old pic.

Maybe Noah Goldberg can ask in his next interview

Well, Mac was an immediate two year starter at a P6 program, and scored 16 on Richmond as a true freshman while blowing by Cayo and Golden for a dunk. He entered the portal on Wednesday afternoon. By Wednesday evening....

The schools that have reached out to McClung so far are Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, USC, BYU, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Georgia, sources tell 247Sports.

He must not offer much.

Some people just have to piss in everyone's Wheaties.

Last edited:
Good summary of A-10 to date

A-10 departures:

Davidson - Patrick Casey

Dayton - Jhery Matos (Charlotte)

Duquesne - Brandon Wade to Michigan; Frankie Hughes to San Diego; Evan Buckley. Ashton Miller to Wagner, Kellon Taylor to Albany

Fordham - Luka Radovich

George Mason - Jason Douglas Stanley to Mahattan, Justin Kier to Georgia, Goanar Mar to Northern Iowa

George Washington - Justin Mazzula to Vermont, D.J. Williams to DePaul; Chimezie Offurum to Mt. St. Marys, Arnaldo Toro to St. Johns, Shawn Walker

LaSalle - Ed Croswell to Providence

UMASS - Sy Chatman, Keon Clergeot to SE Louisiana, C J Jackson to Florida Southwestern, Samba Diallo to Manhattan Sean East to Bradley

Rhode Island - Gregory Hammond to UMASS Lowell; Dana Tate to Siena; Mekhi Long to Old Dominion, Tyrese Martin to UConn, Jacob Toppin to Kentucky

Richmond - Tomas Verbinskis to Lafayette, Jake Wojcik to Fairfield

Saint Bonaventure - Bobby Pianutis to Purdue Ft Wayne, Matt Johnson, Robert Carpenter

Saint Joseph's - Chereof Knox to Coppin State, Lorenzo Edwards,

Saint Louis - K C Hankton to Chattanooga, Madaini Diarra to Eastern Illinois

VCU - Marcus Santos-Silva to Texas Tech

Arriving

George Washington - Matt Moyer (Syracuse), James Bishop (LSU), Hunter Dean (Southern Miss), Ricky Lindo (Maryland), Brandon Leftwich (Mt. St. Marys)

UMASS - Noah Fernandes (Wichita State), Mark Gasperini (American)

URI - Makhei and Makhi Mitchell (Maryland) Malik Martin (Charlotte) Allen Betrand (Towson)

Saint Bonaventure - Anthony Roberts (Kent State)

Saint Joseph's - Dahmir Bishop (Xavier). Jack Forrest (Columbia)

VCU - Levi Stockard III (Kansas State)

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderK and plydogg
Wow. Wait until we get this one “free” transfer rule passed. That will be a nightmare for coaches.

Good summary of A-10 to date

A-10 departures:

Davidson - Patrick Casey

Dayton - Jhery Matos (Charlotte)

Duquesne - Brandon Wade to Michigan; Frankie Hughes to San Diego; Evan Buckley. Ashton Miller to Wagner, Kellon Taylor to Albany

Fordham - Luka Radovich

George Mason - Jason Douglas Stanley to Mahattan, Justin Kier to Georgia, Goanar Mar to Northern Iowa

George Washington - Justin Mazzula to Vermont, D.J. Williams to DePaul; Chimezie Offurum to Mt. St. Marys, Arnaldo Toro to St. Johns, Shawn Walker

LaSalle - Ed Croswell to Providence

UMASS - Sy Chatman, Keon Clergeot to SE Louisiana, C J Jackson to Florida Southwestern, Samba Diallo to Manhattan Sean East to Bradley

Rhode Island - Gregory Hammond to UMASS Lowell; Dana Tate to Siena; Mekhi Long to Old Dominion, Tyrese Martin to UConn, Jacob Toppin to Kentucky

Richmond - Tomas Verbinskis to Lafayette, Jake Wojcik to Fairfield

Saint Bonaventure - Bobby Pianutis to Purdue Ft Wayne, Matt Johnson, Robert Carpenter

Saint Joseph's - Chereof Knox to Coppin State, Lorenzo Edwards,

Saint Louis - K C Hankton to Chattanooga, Madaini Diarra to Eastern Illinois

VCU - Marcus Santos-Silva to Texas Tech

Arriving

George Washington - Matt Moyer (Syracuse), James Bishop (LSU), Hunter Dean (Southern Miss), Ricky Lindo (Maryland), Brandon Leftwich (Mt. St. Marys)

UMASS - Noah Fernandes (Wichita State), Mark Gasperini (American)

URI - Makhei and Makhi Mitchell (Maryland) Malik Martin (Charlotte) Allen Betrand (Towson)

Saint Bonaventure - Anthony Roberts (Kent State)

Saint Joseph's - Dahmir Bishop (Xavier). Jack Forrest (Columbia)

VCU - Levi Stockard III (Kansas State)
RI and GW wouldn’t have teams if it wasn’t for transfers. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

Thanks 13, I was thinking of starting a transfer portal thread, as Quinn was posted in the pinned Recruiting thread - however I forget to look at that one- so I think it is good to have one focused on transfer targets here. I also posted the following on that thread:

Yes, seems a good fit, maybe the guy spiderdad was talking about? Just add to the list of reasons Hardt will keep Mooney:
1) Almost made NCAA's two years ago
2) Nelson next KA
3) Mooney has not comitted any crimes
4) Quinn might transfer to us
5) Might convince Burton to come back
6) I'll do better without the underacheiving super seniors
7) I dress nice and Fezz likes my shoes
8) Queally likes me and now my sons are old enough to watch his dogs
9) My sons team only lost by 15 to MolivaManiac's kids team.
10) Injuries have killed us, imagine a healthy Sherod and Goose this year.

Hardt reviews the list, and sends the dreaded email to JOC that Trap talks about.

Reactions: spiders13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT