ADVERTISEMENT

top 100 college basketball coaches

Hang a banner right? Top 100 coach

In all seriousness - Mooney is a top 100 coach, probably in that 75-100 range, but he is there. The key to his success at this point has been his longevity, which some of which he has certainly earned with his back to back NCAA appearances and sweet 16 appearance and producing seasons with 19, 21, and 22 wins in Non-NCAA years. His longevity has likely been added by UR as well and sticking with him where I could see other schools letting go of him sooner.

But he is certainly deserving of this ranking, no matter what you think of it - and I hope he continues to rise up it because that likely means he is winning games and making NCAA appearances at UR.

I guess Scheyer is no. 43 on this list based on his ability as lead assistant to recruit a top class? Seems like you should have to have at least one year as a HC to be considered. Will say I saw UNC play at early season tournament and thought they didn't look great. Hubert did a nice job learning on the job and applying as the season went on. Yes he had the talent, but he was able to figure things out and then took K to the woodshed twice to close him out.

This seems about right for Mooney. Go to the NCAA's 2 out of next 3 and you can move up to Rhoades territory.

I guess Scheyer is no. 43 on this list based on his ability as lead assistant to recruit a top class? Seems like you should have to have at least one year as a HC to be considered. Will say I saw UNC play at early season tournament and thought they didn't look great. Hubert did a nice job learning on the job and applying as the season went on. Yes he had the talent, but he was able to figure things out and then took K to the woodshed twice to close him out.

This seems about right for Mooney. Go to the NCAA's 2 out of next 3 and you can move up to Rhoades territory.
Are you saying there are other current or former A-10 coaches on the list?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT