ADVERTISEMENT

Too Cute

Stonewall D

Graduate Assistant
Dec 18, 2008
At home
They are being too cute with Rocco. He tried a pooch kick. He has been running the ball too much. Then he fumbled the ball trying a cute play, at the goal line. When he throws the ball, he does pretty well.

Throws the short routes well but not so much beyond 15 yards short of a straight Go route.

Originally posted by Stonewall D:

They are being too cute with Rocco. He tried a pooch kick. He has been running the ball too much. Then he fumbled the ball trying a cute play, at the goal line. When he throws the ball, he does pretty well.
Qb punt was 1 yard short of working, thought it was pretty well executed. Also a sneak at the goal line isn't cute, it makes sense

When they rushed out of the huddle, in a hurry and then fumbled the ball on another run by Rocco at the goal line was a coaching mistake. If you are going to try to catch the defense napping, don't do the easiest play to predict, a run up the middle.
This post was edited on 11/1 4:05 PM by Stonewall D

Both QB's were operating in a 25mph wind tunnel.You guys should have been there and enjoyed the northerly and swerving wind.Wind chill was fun too along with receiver paws and punt returners navigating a catch.

^^Agree. Looked in the mirror when I got home and it looks like I've been out skiing.

Those of us watching on TV were told by the announcers that the weather(wind and rain) wasn't bad enough to effect the QB play.

Rocco at half time, couldn't tell which way the wind was blowing so having trouble picking which end of the field to choose wanted the wind in the fourth quarter. That may have had some impact on the game.

The wind was blowing across the field which was largely sheltered by the stands. Flags on goal posts didn't indicate much of a wind factor at all. However, kick offs and punts tended to die in the air once they extended beyond the stands about equal with the Spider locker room (field house, whatever we call it). Not so much on the other end of the field.

I'm quoting what Coach said in his half time interview

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT