ADVERTISEMENT

TJ in the Big3 (the thread formerly known as "TBT 2022 - The Web Returns")

Game video is available on YouTube. Took a while for TJ to get in the game, but certainly had an impact once he did. Heady plays on offense, solid defense, and scored the final five points of the game. Announcers were very complimentary, especially considering it was his first Big3 game.

Only 10 points for TJ in today's loss. Kind of a chippy game with some questionable officiating, but he had some nice floaters and shot an efficient 5-for-7, played mostly solid D, and has some nice scrappy plays.

Just 8 points for TJ last night as the Power rolled to a win to get back to .500.

I saw TJ in the Big 3 and I thought there was an age minimum to that league, where they wanted older, well known players - I guess maybe that changed? I also read somewhere that pay in that league is week to week that maxes out for about $10K a week with the chance to get about 100K total salary for the season - so not a bad deal for a short season of a couple weeks.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I sort of have a hard time taking seriously a league where players have white beards.

but hey, they’d still run circles around me.

TJ was more agile than Grant, so I think that is a factor. But our out of bounds plays have never been an issue with Mooney. We always seem to get a basket or good shot out of them.

we got a big bucket to Grant vs Iowa off it. Just from opposite side. Think it settled Grant down a bit too after he couldn’t hit a thing 1st half.

Quiet game for TJ in the regular season finale with just 7 points, but the Power knocked off the Aliens to move to 5–3 and qualified for the playoffs with the #3 seed.

Reactions: urfan1
TJ was more agile than Grant, so I think that is a factor. But our out of bounds plays have never been an issue with Mooney. We always seem to get a basket or good shot out of them.
Yes, Mooney is very good designing out of bounds play from under the basket. TJ just could always seem to execute. We still run this play, just players after haven't been able to execute as proficiently as TJ was.

Tough 51–35 loss for Power in the championship, as Rice was the only one getting anything going. TJ only had 6 points. Still, great accomplishment to make it all the way to the final.

Tough 51–35 loss for Power in the championship, as Rice was the only one getting anything going. TJ only had 6 points. Still, great accomplishment to make it all the way to the final.
I thought TJ performed quite well in the first half to help the team rally. I think Mom waited too long to bring her son back into the game in the 2nd half.

TJ, Nancy, and the Power are running it back this season in the Big3, with the only roster change being Akil Mitchell coming in for Tskitishvili.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT