ADVERTISEMENT

TJ in the Big3 (the thread formerly known as "TBT 2022 - The Web Returns")

For reference, the 2019 team was Allen, Brothers, TJ, Garrett, Gonzo, Harper, and SDJ, plus Malcolm Bernard and LG Gill, with Giddings as coach.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
These are the Spiders still getting after it in 2022 if I'm reading this right.
Kendall Anthony - recently played for Saint-Quentin in France - Pro B
Terry Allen - recently played for Medi Bayreuth in Germany
Justin Harper - recently played for Kyoto Hannaryz in Japan - B1 League
TJ Cline - recently played for MoraBanc Andorra in Spain - Liga Endesa
David Gonzalvez - recently played for Tampereen Pyrinto in Finland - Korisliiga Play-Offs
Shawndre Jones - recently played for Motor City Cruise in G-League Play-Offs.
Blake Francis - recently played for Capital City Go-Go in G-League.

that's great - had fun watching a few years ago at the Stu
Wish our school would host it. Great chance to showcase the athletic facilities. Campus is dead in the summer. Imagine an 8 team regional tournament consisting of UVA, VT, UR, VCU, GMU, WVU, ODU teams etc and having the ability to watch a game, go back out and tailgate and come back and watch another.

Lack of vision as a former employee suggested? We think within a very small box when it comes to athletics.
I’d like to add that 05 had mentioned we have declined to host this tournament in the past. The affirmation of my post irritates me even more now they came to that decision.

He should be familiar with the coach :)

Did not think of that implication, but good point 2013 - wonder if this is an effect of a snag with the TBT team?

Because last year was such a negative, right? You are unbelievable. You just can't say get off my lawn enough, can you?

Because last year was such a negative, right? You are unbelievable. You just can't say get off my lawn enough, can you?
I am just ready for a change in football and basketball head coaching. Also, I like pissing on your lawn. 😂

Hm, our team page has said we’re in the WV region since the very beginning. I wonder why that’s not reflected on the region page. It would be July 24-27 in Charleston.

Yeah, I didn't see us listed in that region on the tournament website, which is why I was wondering what was going on. Trying to keep those dates open to attend.

So The Web's page on the official TBT site has finally been updated, and Gilyard is now on there. Still don't know why the tweet about his commitment was deleted right after it was posted a while back. Gill isn't yet on the page.

Also of note, Terry Allen will be playing with a different squad, Team Challenge ALS.

That's correct...four plus unlisted Gill, and Terry defected.

I'm wondering if The Web isn't going to make the cut. Today was the deadline for applications. They're only taking 64 teams and there are close to 90 listed on the page, and we don't seem to have enough guys lined up.

That's correct...four plus unlisted Gill, and Terry defected.

I'm wondering if The Web isn't going to make the cut. Today was the deadline for applications. They're only taking 64 teams and there are close to 90 listed on the page, and we don't seem to have enough guys lined up.
That would be terribly disappointing. Really want to see these guys play!

It's vague...basically up to the organizers. But you needed to have a roster of at least 7 by June 15th, which we didn't have.

After determining which Teams are eligible to participate in the Tournament, whether a Team makes the final cut to be in the Tournament is in Producer’s sole discretion. As a guide to applicants, in making such determinations, Producer will consider, among other factors, the following: (i) the content and completeness of the applications of each of the Team’s Participants; (ii) the Team’s satisfactory completion of the registration process; (iii) the level of basketball talent a Team possesses including, without limitation, the highest level of play for each Player on a Team (i.e., high school, collegiate, professional, etc.); and (iv) other criteria that Producer deems important to the integrity, competition, production and/or telecast of the Tournament, including certain criteria that Producer will publish and make available to applicants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT