ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Sorber - 2024 Offer

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
The future is bright.

6'9" PF out of Trenton, NJ playing at Archbishop Ryan in Philly. Has also received offers from Georgetown and La Salle over the past week.

Reactions: urfan1
I don’t know if I should feel good or horrified that CM is offering guys who are three years out.
And going (along with multiple other staff members) to watch him play the day before our conference opener…

Archbishop Ryan is Mooney's alma mater. He was likely visiting with family for the holidays and slipped in the recruiting.

Archbishop Ryan is Mooney's alma mater. He was likely visiting with family for the holidays and slipped in the recruiting.
Just to be clear, Mooney and staff watched and offered him while Archbishop Ryan was playing in Richmond in the Benedictine holiday tournament.

But it’s still possible the time might have been better spent taking one more pass at game planning for St. Joe’s.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Just to be clear, Mooney and staff watched and offered him while Archbishop Ryan was playing in Richmond in the Benedictine holiday tournament.

But it’s still possible the time might have been better spent taking one more pass at game planning for St. Joe’s.
I don’t see a scenario where more games planning would have changed the outcome of that game.

I do see a scenario where in game adjustments might have changed the outcome.

I think what was/is really needed is a complete rewind on defensive readiness. We just look totally dysfunctional in many games.

It's just an all-around bad look when the night before a big do or die home conference opener you are out doing almost anything.

Of course, had we simply won the game it would have been a non-factor.
I think you made my point with that last bit.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Fun to look back at this thread when we were floundering mid-season. Anyway, he picked up an offer from Mason today.

Sorber is starting to attract the attention of more big boys, picking up offers from VT, Providence, and Mississippi State over the past couple of weeks.

Syracuse and Penn State offers over the past few days. He's also taking an unofficial visit to Pitt on the 10th. ESPN has him ranked #52 in his class.

At this rate, gonna need that Mooney Archbishop Ryan connection to carry a lot of weight for us to be in the picture.

Last edited:
Since the last update, Sorber has picked up offers from UVA, Miami, St. John's, Seton Hall, and Xavier, and just dropped a triple double with Michigan in the house. Think we can just about close the book on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT