ADVERTISEMENT

The Worst Call Ever in the 132 Meetings Between the Spiders and Indians?

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

another year has gone by and heck no I'll never forget and still can't get over this call from the 2016 meeting at Cary Field...

this was early in the targeting era...I'm not sure the official knew what targeting was...the hit still looks legal to me!

calling the TD back probably took away any chance we had to get back into the game...I believe the Spider ejected was DB Brendan Coniker!

lets hope the Championship game Saturday is not scarred by game changing calls like this one...

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!

That era of spider football essentially died on that play. That call completely changed the momentum of the game and a real shot to be seeded higher in the NCAA tournament. Still furious about it to this day. Wasn't this in 2016 though?

That era of spider football essentially died on that play. That call completely changed the momentum of the game and a real shot to be seeded higher in the NCAA tournament. Still furious about it to this day. Wasn't this in 2016 though?
yes, it was the 2016 game...I agree about era...was Rocco's last regular season game...after this call and the loss of Lauletta for the game and the Playoffs, Kevin Johnson got us through two Playoff games, but we had little hope against the elite western teams in the quarters...Eastern Washington crushed us...

Beat William and Mary.

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT