ADVERTISEMENT

The road ahead

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Four(4)CAA teams are vying for an at large playoff position:

Each of those teams have future schedules with varying degrees of difficulty:1-4

1.Albany(6-2,2-2)
------------------------
@UNH

UD

@Nova

Stony Brook

2.JMU(5-3,2-2)
---------------------
WM

@Stony Brook

@UR

Elon

3.UR(6-2,3-1)
--------------------
Nova

@Maine

JMU

@WM

4.WM(5-3,2-2)
--------------------
@JMU

Elon

@Towson

UR

I think we maybe go 2-2--with all our injuries and the offense not exactly firing on all cylinders I fear some real problems against Nova and W&M. The defense has certainly stepped up in the last 2 weeks but we weren't exactly playing Oregon or Florida St either.

If we don't win Saturday, then all 3 Virginia teams would have 3 losses and play a round robin. Whoever goes 2-0 gets the third CAA bid.

Anyone with 4 losses will be sweating Selection Sunday.

the point is, we have a shot at this and if the guys can step it up a notch or two, can pull it off. we have some issues but all teams do so it comes down to execution and some luck. we can do this.....

Originally posted by 32counter:
Gotta disagree 26.Better for Spiders now if Dukes get W vs Tribe.Allegiances can change week to week.
I see what you are saying, but JMU worries me more than W&M truthfully. Rather have Madison checked-out by the time they play us.

Originally posted by SpiderFan26:
Originally posted by 32counter:
Gotta disagree 26.Better for Spiders now if Dukes get W vs Tribe.Allegiances can change week to week.
I see what you are saying, but JMU worries me more than W&M truthfully. Rather have Madison checked-out by the time they play us.
I agree with this. If the Pukes beat the Indians and then go on and win at Stony Brook, they are going to be riding their high horse into the Brickhouse on the 15th.

Start with the obvious, Spiders can't take anyone lightly, all worthy opponents remaining, including Maine on the road with nothing left to lose. But, after seeing JMU (once) and WM (twice) live and although they are improving as the season progresses, I don't see either beating the Spiders barring us beating ourselves with penalties and/or TOs. This is not the CAA of old. National FCS level strength no longer runs deep in the CAA, at least not this year. One man's opinion.

BTW: Liberty getting considerable more votes in the polls than JMU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT