ADVERTISEMENT

THE MUMMY, TI-AMENY-NET

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
excellent article in my just received Alum Mag, on a young woman's project during her four years as an undergrad, in identifying and researching the mummy that has resided on campus forever, it seems. trying to remember where she rested during my years but seem to recall was in a second floor classroom of the old biology building or Maryland Hall. don't pass over this article, wonderful read of the passion and focus of now one of our fellow alums.

I was pleasantlysurprised to read of Ann Fulcher's role in this project. Ann is a native of my (for a long time) hometown Stuart, VA. Her Dad was a good friend. Ann graduated from Westhampton with what was then the highest ever gpa of any student at UR. I know that you are thinking ; "Straight A's is Straight A's, how would her record be better than others who made no B's? " I don't know the answer to that, can only guess that some advance classes merit a higher score. At any rate an article in the UR mag announcing some previous prestigious achievement as a doctor mentioned that she held that status. I liked the computer rendition of theMummy's face. Looked like a North Court Tower Room sweetie I used to hang out with in the late sixties.Come to think of it that girl was crazy about the song "Wolly Bully". You know... the hit by Sam the sham and The Pharaohs.

T, digging deep for sam and the boys. speaking of that the local sports show i listen to here had ROY HEAD on for a long interview yesterday, remember him? think TREAT HER RIGHT was his one big thing. anyway he now has this deep southern, whiskey, smoker type talking voice and is in houston for a show this weekend and he was a hoot talking about elvis and james brown and all the women giving him hotel room keys, etc. remember thinking that he was going to be a big star, had the looks, could sing, etc but like so many, just did not happen for him and he and so many others scratch their heads and wonder how elvis took it away from everyone else and it should have been them instead.

Spinner, I know my tunes..." Treater Right, You've Got To Treat Her Like A Lady.." Had the good fortune to have a good friend from Stuart who was the founder of a great band that backed up Percy Sledge, Jerry Butler and Archie Bell...minus the Drells.I associate most memories of younger days with songs that were popular at the time and have probably bought every set of the Time Life Greatest Hits that have appeared in a TV commercial. Got one a couple weeks ago that was made up of Top Love Songs of the'50's and '60s. Makes the miles roll buy when I head out to work in distant counties.
Warren Rogers, a UR grad from the early '70's is also conected with The band I mentioned, now known as Sunset Drive.

Warren married Mary Sue Terry's sister. This post was edited on 9/30 2:51 PM by tarrantula

This post was edited on 9/30 2:56 PM by tarrantula

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT