ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Veteran

spider fan

Spider's Club
Dec 4, 2003
Thank you to each and every one of you who have served in our nation's armed forces whether you are/were Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine, or Coast Guard. It is because of people like you that we are blessed to live in a land of freedom. Your sacrifice and dedication will always be honored and remembered. On a personal note today my son an Iraqi veteran is speaking to my youngest daughter's first grade class about what it means to be a veteran.

remember sending LT Baker a care package with homemade chocolate chip cookies, some battery powered misting fans and some richmond times dispatch sports pages. probably by the time he got the package, the cookies were hard as bricks, the batteries were gone in the fans and his favorite coach had been canned. he sent me a nice thank you note but he and the others are the ones deserving of big THANKS

Spinner - your kindness was much appreciated. His Iraqi tour was very tough on him mentally but very happy to say that after extended counseling he is pretty much back to his old self. The mental and physical toll these tours take on our service men and women is extensive. The good thing is that many people in our nation are willing to help our veterans with support. Met a man while running the marathon on Saturday who is with an organization "Homes for Veterans" and his stories were heartwarming. God bless all our veterans!

ADVERTISEMENT