ADVERTISEMENT

Tarrantula

Anachnid

Rookie
Dec 31, 2021
With sadness I read about T’s death in the latest alumni magazine. He was such a big a part of the fun posting on here leading to the National Championship and sweet 16 appearance.
In my travels around the state I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was sitting as a substitute in Henry Co. I finished my case, extended my hand to him and said quietly “Nice to meet you Judge T!” He looked around the courtroom above his readers and then looked back down at me and answered “And who are you.” That afternoon back at the office I received a call from him.
I enjoyed seeing him football games, receiving his made to order Christmas cards and occasional phone calls.

With sadness I read about T’s death in the latest alumni magazine. He was such a big a part of the fun posting on here leading to the National Championship and sweet 16 appearance.
In my travels around the state I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was sitting as a substitute in Henry Co. I finished my case, extended my hand to him and said quietly “Nice to meet you Judge T!” He looked around the courtroom above his readers and then looked back down at me and answered “And who are you.” That afternoon back at the office I received a call from him.
I enjoyed seeing him football games, receiving his made to order Christmas cards and occasional phone calls.

Thanks for sharing. Was sad to see him stop posting a few years back, always enjoyed his perspective. Rest in peace T!

I hated seeing him disappear from Spidernation. I loved his posts and sorry I never met the man. I remember when he or someone else posted a picture of him either boxing or bodybuilding. He will be missed by many.

A gentleman and a scholar. A reasoned voice on here & 1 of the earliest posters I remember. Like others I met T once at a game & also was able to get him a Kevin Anderson bobblehead after offering to ship an extra I had to a spider fan. He sent back some old spider publications unprompted. We corresponded back & forth a bit over email as a result. I hit up him up years ago checking in but I think his health had turned by then I’m not sure.

If I recall he was also the resident expert on here for all things western VA. A topic I knew nothing about but enjoyed his knowledge.

RIP Tarrantula. A spider to the end. As evidenced by asking donations sent to Spider athletic fund.

Was in my frat a few years before me. When I met him and we found out our mutual fraternity affiliation he sent me a recording of our frat songs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that was a kindness that brings a smile when I listen to those songs. His life touched many others and the world is a better place because of him. Glad I was priviliged to know Frank/ aka Tarrantula!

Reactions: KE Spider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT