ADVERTISEMENT

Summer League: Gilly to Warriors, er, Timberwolves & Golden to Hawks

That's great news! Also seeing Ryan Rollins went 44th and traded to GS. He didn't do anything against the Spiders and saw a couple other games nothing special but guess those were off nights. He was around 35 to 45 the whole lime at the site I frequented.

.And V Williams at that site dropped outside the top 100 and goes 47th lol. We will see but shocked is an understatement for me that he got drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section9.RowD
Congrats to Gilly now he just needs to impress. He will play professionally just a matter of where but starting out with the Champs isn’t bad at all. Vince Williams can play and is it a surprise he got drafted…maybe a little but he’s def got what it takes. Just depends if the team is the right fit, that’s a biggie. I love seeing kids dreams come true. I always love draft night.

Great news, now let’s see if he can turn some heads during the summer league. He certainly has a lot of confidence and experience. Might make some of the younger guys look foolish if both offensively and defensively if he’s on his game. Fingers crossed that his shot is falling

Congrats to Gilly now he just needs to impress. He will play professionally just a matter of where but starting out with the Champs isn’t bad at all. Vince Williams can play and is it a surprise he got drafted…maybe a little but he’s def got what it takes. Just depends if the team is the right fit, that’s a biggie. I love seeing kids dreams come true. I always love draft night.
Are you old enough to remember Blue Edwards? Played a season in the middle of his college career at ECU. Taken 21st by Jazz. I see some similarity in V Willams game…

Reactions: gcarter52
Are you old enough to remember Blue Edwards? Played a season in the middle of his college career at ECU. Taken 21st by Jazz. I see some similarity in V Willams game…
I remember being at a game, up in the stands yelling at Blue (not close enough he could hear me). Shortly he had one of the most powerful dunks I have seen in the RC. Maybe he heard me in his mind :) ?

Gilyard not only gets summer league but also the California Classic which adds 2 games for him.

My goodness, could that guy play. Big time talent.

I remember being at a game, up in the stands yelling at Blue (not close enough he could hear me). Shortly he had one of the most powerful dunks I have seen in the RC. Maybe he heard me in his mind :) ?

Reminds me of time I was at pregame warmups in RC early for a game. early 2000s I think. I ripped on Derrick Zimmermann of Miss State throughout. Good natured but consistent. I sat low, RC was pretty empty at the time, he heard it all. Then he ripped us in game. At end of game he came to find me in my seat, nothing bad all respect. Rooted for him after that. Good player, 2nd rd nba pick, now a coach w LA rajun cajuns.

But i take responsibility for that loss, never did that again.

Looks like Jordan Hall to Summer League. And word on Lee Hyun-jung?

Not sounding great for Lee, injured his foot and out for months:

Not sounding great for Lee, injured his foot and out for months:

Wow, that news seemed to be under wraps until the draft was over.

I think it says this first summer league in San Fran they play 2 games a day - so that should at least give Gilyard some minutes as I see them resting guys in 1 game and vice versa. So hopefully he shows them something and gets invited to next summer league.

I wonder if there is any interaction at all with the NBA franchise. I'm sure he would love to get a steal from Curry, even in practice or a pickup game.

Not his best game. Doesn’t look as confident. Got some guys good looks but they couldn’t finish. Atleast he was the second guy off the bench. Expecting him to find his place a bit more in coming games.

Not his best game. Doesn’t look as confident. Got some guys good looks but they couldn’t finish. Atleast he was the second guy off the bench. Expecting him to find his place a bit more in coming games.
I was proud of his play, I believe that he did what his coach asked him to do. He realized that his shot wasn’t falling so he tried to be a playmaker. I expect him to get involved in more of the action.

Reactions: urfan1
Some positives for Gilly

1. He had the most minutes of any of the players coming off the bench. With that said there were 8 players that didn't play, which include some draft picks. Not sure why they didn't play.
2. Although Gilly did not have a great game, none of the bench plyers had good games and 2 of the starters didn't play very well. The center shot 0-2, had 3 turnovers and only 4 rebounds. Quinones, one of the starting guards, was 3-8 from the field, 3 turnovers, no assists and 2 steels.

The one stat that does not look good is the +/- where he was negative 16. How do people think he did on defense?

A number of the guys who didn't play are injured...Rollins, Baldwin, Wiseman. Kuminga is currently back home in the Congo. It was announced last week that Moody would only play one of the weekend games, so expect him to play today.

Kuminga should be back for the Vegas games. Wiseman may be as well. Baldwin still hoping to get clearance from medical staff, but they're taking it slow.

Some positives for Gilly

1. He had the most minutes of any of the players coming off the bench. With that said there were 8 players that didn't play, which include some draft picks. Not sure why they didn't play.
2. Although Gilly did not have a great game, none of the bench plyers had good games and 2 of the starters didn't play very well. The center shot 0-2, had 3 turnovers and only 4 rebounds. Quinones, one of the starting guards, was 3-8 from the field, 3 turnovers, no assists and 2 steels.

The one stat that does not look good is the +/- where he was negative 16. How do people think he did on defense?
He held his own on D, he didn’t take chances, wasn’t beaten at all on defense. Don’t forget he got one or two rebounds

He held his own on D, he didn’t take chances, wasn’t beaten at all on defense. Don’t forget he got one or two rebounds
I also notice that the Kings 2 starting guards were 0-11 in shooting. Hopefully Gilly had something to do with that.

BTW, Keegan Murray was on fire shooting 10-14 including 4 for 5 from 3s for a total of 26 points and 8 rebounds in 28 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: gcarter52
Hope Jacob is more aggressive on offense and hits some shots - we saw here if he missed his first 3, he' could end a half 0-1 bc he'd just defer shots to others the rest of the way. The reason he's out there is because of the types of games he had vs VCU and Iowa, where he both dictated play but also hunted his own looks and shot each one with confidence. Gotta put up stats if you want them to recognize you in the league.

Hope Jacob is more aggressive on offense and hits some shots - we saw here if he missed his first 3, he' could end a half 0-1 bc he'd just defer shots to others the rest of the way. The reason he's out there is because of the types of games he had vs VCU and Iowa, where he both dictated play but also hunted his own looks and shot each one with confidence. Gotta put up stats if you want them to recognize you in the league.
Let’s go JGilly🕸🕷🕷

Reactions: urfan1
Hard for him to be aggressive, the bigs get the ball and just jack up shots. Everyone playing for themselves.

Gilly played better tonight. 3 steals in 10 minutes was 1-2 shooting, and has the awesome block below.

Looks like they are rotating 7 to 8 players that are not getting into the game. 3 to 4 players that came off the bench in the 1st game did not play this game and 3 to 4 new players played for the 1st time. Gilly might not see the floor in the last game. If he does it would be a very good sign.

Last edited:
Warriors losing yet again, but Gilly making the most of limited minutes with a couple of threes.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Warriors losing yet again, but Gilly making the most of limited minutes with a couple of threes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT