ADVERTISEMENT

Sullivan Kulju - 2017 Walk-on

With Kirby, King, Gaitley and Oddo that is an interesting group of walk-ons.

Reactions: Ram Bal
looks good (in this highlights only reel) but you can see why he probably wasn't recruited at D1 level too. he shows one skill - - shooting. He's not at all athletic (and yes he jammed a lot in the reel, but he's 6-6 and all those jams came in open space off three or more steps. Its clear he is a "slow " jumper and not much lateral quickness. Great walk on, but we wont see much of him. He's not gonna be Joe Kirby!

His highlight reel looks eerily similar to PF's high school highlight reel. Outside shooting and dunking and that's about it.

He should be an able replacement for Chase Fletcher.

His highlight reel looks eerily similar to PF's high school highlight reel. Outside shooting and dunking and that's about it.

Really different from PF who was a 3 star recruit with numerous D1 offers; sometimes feel like you pay no attention.

Really different from PF who was a 3 star recruit with numerous D1 offers; sometimes feel like you pay no attention.

You need to go back and watch PF's highlight video, amigo. You are the one that needs to pay attention.

You need to go back and watch PF's highlight video, amigo. You are the one that needs to pay attention.
Kee, have seen all his mixtapes many times. There were many reasons why he was graded a 3 star with numerous D-1 offers and this young man had zero.

I never said anything about offers, just look at the tapes!

I think his highlight reel looks better than PF's. Not sure why anyone was thinking much of PF. Yes, I know someone ranked him a 3 star and he had a few offers. However, his tapes weren't impressive, and watching him in person was worse. Maybe he had photos of some of the coaches doing inappropriate things. At least this guy has some skills, he can shoot and dunk, not just size.

Reactions: keefusb
We ended up with PF because we went hard after Gyorgy Goloman and we missed. Typical scenario where we couldn't reel in the fish we really wanted/needed and had to settle.

I agree that this Kulju kid's tapes might look better, but it's basically demonstrating the same/similar limited skill set.

I think he will be a good walk-on player who might see some time as an upperclassman some day.

I like what I see in the mix-tape.

I believe I may have seen a pass or two, and I like that he did finish a few of those dunks with someone contesting the dunk. Looks a lot like Chase Fletcher and does look better than PF's highlights video to me. I suspect that the extra 4 or so inches of height, and a few pounds makes a big difference to coaches, and may explain why PF got more attention with a comparable skill-set.

Look forward to seeing the young man come in and show what he can do. He may surprise most on this board and get more than a few minutes very late in games. However, if he could get "mop-up duty" (last 2+ minutes) in 20+ games in one season I would be extremely happy with the contributions, since that would mean 20+ wins.

I'm always a fan of getting a 6'6" walk-on who can shoot and dunk. We're really talking about someone who is going to be a good practice player and teammate, I don't get hung up on their actual game contribution, that's a luxury if that comes to pass.

Reactions: Ulla1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT