ADVERTISEMENT

Start Bigelow

Waste of space Grace out and Bigs in.
Interesting that you can harshly criticize one of our players for 5 years now, and all is good, but if I say the slightest negative thing about a player, all heck breaks loose. Amazing.

Interesting that you can harshly criticize one of our players for 5 years now, and all is good, but if I say the slightest negative thing about a player, all heck breaks loose. Amazing.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Absurdly squeaky.

Against Dayton In 79 minutes of play 3 starters (MG, AG, JN) scored total of 7 points on 3-11 shooting. That includes AG’s 1 for 1.
When you look at their net contribution (points scored vs points allowed and turnovers) this is atrocious!
Change is past due. 30 minutes or less into a game how can a coach not realize what is happening and make a change?
Ahh, I answered my own question, adapting is a foreign concept.

But yes, of course Bigelow should start, it has been very clear the "twin towers" line up was not effective since probably the 5th game of the season, but we got do nothing Mooney with his allegiance to certain players who know his system running the show.

We did start Bigelow while Grace was injured, and we lost three out of the four games. (And in the one win over Temple, Bigs had 3 points and 2 boards.) He brings a lot to the table, but unfortunately he's also not shooting well and that hurts us.

That said, I'd like to see us give it another try.

We did start Bigelow while Grace was injured, and we lost three out of the four games. (And in the one win over Temple, Bigs had 3 points and 2 boards.) He brings a lot to the table, but unfortunately he's also not shooting well and that hurts us.

That said, I'd like to see us give it another try.
Agree.

There are games when he does really impressive stuff. And then there are games he’s not standing out.

I believe his intense athleticism on the boards is his most impressive asset. Shooting seems to be streaky from outside, but he’s aggressiveness taking the ball to hoop is really nice.

At this stage and with where our starting 5 are as well as us being 4-5, he gets my vote to start. I think he’s earned it.

Agree.

There are games when he does really impressive stuff. And then there are games he’s not standing out.

I believe his intense athleticism on the boards is his most impressive asset. Shooting seems to be streaky from outside, but he’s aggressiveness taking the ball to hoop is really nice.

At this stage and with where our starting 5 are as well as us being 4-5, he gets my vote to start. I think he’s earned it.
Aside from rebounding, he needs to work some on the defensive side, especially avoiding reach-in type fouls. He has really gotten into foul trouble quickly and we all know that is another peeve of CM’s. Aggressive is fine, but smarter on when to just let it go when you are beaten.

Reactions: urfan1
Aside from rebounding, he needs to work some on the defensive side, especially avoiding reach-in type fouls. He has really gotten into foul trouble quickly and we all know that is another peeve of CM’s. Aggressive is fine, but smarter on when to just let it go when you are beaten.
I actually disagree on this. I think we have some depth and can afford for several guys to get in foul trouble. We of course don’t want to send our opponent to the line unnecessarily but I’d rather try to stop the close in shot and force them to earn it at the stripe.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I actually disagree on this. I think we have some depth and can afford for several guys to get in foul trouble. We of course don’t want to send our opponent to the line unnecessarily but I’d rather try to stop the close in shot and force them to earn it at the stripe.
First, there is no way CM is going to live with multiple guys in foul trouble. Second, there are “other guys” but none with the rebounding and driving ability that Big has (aside from Burton of course, but what the team needs is a complimentary player). Last, I am not saying to adopt turnstile D, simply saying need to be smart and understand your situation and realizing when the foul is going to hurt more than help.

We didn't exactly stop them inside yesterday either. I lost track of the dunk count pretty early...

First, there is no way CM is going to live with multiple guys in foul trouble. Second, there are “other guys” but none with the rebounding and driving ability that Big has (aside from Burton of course, but what the team needs is a complimentary player). Last, I am not saying to adopt turnstile D, simply saying need to be smart and understand your situation and realizing when the foul is going to hurt more than help.
Yeah, def get that. I’m just looking overall for more aggressiveness so I don’t mind if he fouls.

What CM thinks is of course totally another story.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT