ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Network Poll - #8

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
My favorite part is how W&M is still ranked and the Royal Pukes are left out. If we only had someone who went and visited their message board to see how they feel about it...
laugh.r191677.gif

Keep digging, Spiders.

Spiders #8

the homies in philly still love nova placing them 7th after our head to head win!!

I encourage everyone to look at the AGS poll. Its a much better poll, and not just because we are 3 spots higher. I believe the voters in the AGS poll actually watch a lot more FCS football than the voters in the TSN poll.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
If we only [knew how]...they feel about it...
laugh.r191677.gif

Keep digging, Spiders.
Based upon my years of study of the criminal mind, IMHO the JMU fans believe they have been robbed. They think their rightful place in the sun was illegitimately taken from them by those biased against them. I do miss Mickey Matthews.

These things always make me wonder, how do we beat VU and end up behind them? How do we lose to UNH on essentially the last play of the game and end up 5 spots and 153 points behind them?

@URFan1 Home vs. road? Guess 1-point win means voters think they'd edge us on neutral field.

valid point, I'm probably more puzzled by the huge gap between us and UNH. But head to head is likely the best comparison and how much of a challenge is it to flip UR and VU? I wouldn't care about the polls at all (except for conversation) if they were not given some weight on who makes the playoffs and seeding. I'm just glad they are not supposed to control

I'm just not getting Coastal Carolina (undefeated but look at who they've played) & Jacksonville State (1 FBS loss & 1 Div 2 win I'm guessing). Both CC & JS I believe are ahead of us. Yeah...I know in the end we control our destiny, but I'm just not getting the strength of schedule thing.

Originally posted by SpiderGuy:
I'm just not getting Coastal Carolina (undefeated but look at who they've played) & Jacksonville State (1 FBS loss & 1 Div 2 win I'm guessing). Both CC & JS I believe are ahead of us. Yeah...I know in the end we control our destiny, but I'm just not getting the strength of schedule thing.
I would agree but Coastal did go into Montana last year and win. I know its last year but it does somewhat validate them

Having us end up as the 6 seed and CCU the 3 seed is my wish from Santa this year. I would love to make that trip to Myrtle.

Voters usually don't want to drop a team too far when it loses to another top-ranked team, so that's probably why Nova ends up ahead of us, just barely. On average, most voters dropped them a couple spots and upped us a couple, but the average didn't quite get it done for us. I agree that we should be ahead of them, since our only FCS loss was to a top-3 team and their was not (even though it was to us).

NDSU is a different kind of animal. They have been playing closer games on the road lately, but that's all relative. My brother-in-law went to NDSU, so I would enjoy meeting them in the title game, but not anytime before then. They will not lose at home.

Interesting to see that Fordham is one spot behind us even through they only played one ranked team (Villanova) and lost 50-6. The difference between #8 and #9 is losing to Villanova by 44 points?? We should be ranked ahead of Villanova, no question. Fordham is no better than a #20 team in my opinion.

We still control a lot of our destiny. We probably have the toughest finish of any CAA team. We will rack up serious power points if we can beat JMU and W&M. If we finish 10-2 after that, we will be in good shape....possibly a 1st round game at home or a bye.

Top 8 teams get seeds/byes and then home games for second round. Have to think we'd be a top 4 seed at 10-2 provided UNH doesn't stumble either. Go 2-1 over this stretch and still a good chance for a seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT