ADVERTISEMENT

Spiders Fans Are Everywhere - A Pep Talk for Richmond

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
there's nothing like a NCAA Tournament appearance to unify and galvanize fans behind a team and program...it's great that Spiders fans across America and around the world are rallying big time behind our team...

one of the other benefits of an NCAA Tournament appearance is making new fans...I'm sure after all of the publicity of our four day run to the A-10 Championship and NCAA bid that we've picked up lots of new fans...

now I have proof...the Spiders are now the second most popular team in the state of Iowa...this afternoon over at the Spider Gang Facebook Group an Iowa State Cyclones fan named John Daniel Inskeep posted this pep talk for the Richmond Spiders...

"From The Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans we would like you to knock out our rival in the 1st round TKO. It's different here in the state of Iowa we only have one rival. The Northern Iowa Panthers and the Drake Bulldogs are in the MVC they are not our rival. We want you to destroy the Chokeyes and annihilate them with fierce veracity. Score at will do not let them do anything in the paint or hit the 3. Stand your ground and convert every turnover. Get them into foul trouble and make them turn the ball over a lot. The Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans are rooting for you to TKO them in the first round. Let's Go Spiderman. Yours truly the Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans go get them Spiderman."

if someone here could pass this on to the team Mr. Inskeep would clearly appreciate it...

Ha! I wonder if VCU has contacted the "Chokeyes"?

Go Spiders!

Last edited:
there's nothing like a NCAA Tournament appearance to unify and galvanize fans behind a team and program...it's great that Spiders fans across America and around the world are rallying big time behind our team...

one of the other benefits of an NCAA Tournament appearance is making new fans...I'm sure after all of the publicity of our four day run to the A-10 Championship and NCAA bid that we've picked up lots of new fans...

now I have proof...the Spiders are now the second most popular team in the state of Iowa...this afternoon over at the Spider Gang Facebook Group an Iowa State Cyclones fan named John Daniel Inskeep posted this pep talk for the Richmond Spiders...

"From The Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans we would like you to knock out our rival in the 1st round TKO. It's different here in the state of Iowa we only have one rival. The Northern Iowa Panthers and the Drake Bulldogs are in the MVC they are not our rival. We want you to destroy the Chokeyes and annihilate them with fierce veracity. Score at will do not let them do anything in the paint or hit the 3. Stand your ground and convert every turnover. Get them into foul trouble and make them turn the ball over a lot. The Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans are rooting for you to TKO them in the first round. Let's Go Spiderman. Yours truly the Iowa State Cyclones University Basketball fans go get them Spiderman."

if someone here could pass this on to the team Mr. Inskeep would clearly appreciate it...

Ha! I wondering if VCU has contacted the "Chokeyes"?

Go Spiders!
I thought TY he same thing.

Enjoy this tournament my fellow UR fans. This will be the last one for the foreseeable future, possibly another 10 years. Soak it all in. Go Spiders beat the chicken hawks.

Enjoy this tournament my fellow UR fans. This will be the last one for the foreseeable future, possibly another 10 years. Soak it all in. Go Spiders beat the chicken hawks.
Last Tournament? Why is Covid coming back? Putin invading here?

I think Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and Gonzaga will be sad this is the last tournament...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT