ADVERTISEMENT

SPIDER TV

tarrantula

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
As an outlander who doesn't get on campus often, finding this board was a delightful window on what's going on behind the scenes. So, I have to mention another fantastic telescope for all of us who are too far away to get to Richmond frequently. Spider TV is VERY WELL DONE!. I really enjoyed watching the film of the basketball team's trip to Switzerland and Italy this summer. Getting to see the kids off the court enjoying hanging out with their teammates and speaking so well in their "upfront moments". The names take on personalities...not just the basketball kids, but the video's on women's golf, field hockey, soccer,etc all the teams.. I love to see our teams win honors, but I think that what I have enjoyed the most was seeing what great kids we have in all the sports. As an extra attraction, now they are doing interviews with former players ie Curtis Blair, J Harp, and KA. It was a special moment of pride when Kevin Anderson said that his greatest moment as a Spider was any day hanging out with his teammates. I felt the same kind of comraderie watching the current team together in Italy. My sense is that seeing how much our guys like each other and how upbeat the whole team is could be our strongest attraction to recruits. Spider TV puts you right there on the trips, at the practices and the pressers. Great job!!

T, I agree with your thoughts. Please let the dept. administration know how you feel. I did so this past week. They need to know our opinions on these things. I suggest Black or Walsh. Maybe both.

I called Bob Black yesterday...got an answering machine, so left a voice mail regarding my appreciation for Spider TV. Bob called yesterday while I was at work to thank me for the thought and to laud the two young men who do much of the work on Spider TV. When I listened to the call this morning, I thought of the comment by Kevin Eastman I had just read in RTD about how much UR has meant to him. Good place! Good people!
This post was edited on 10/23 9:20 AM by tarrantula

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT