ADVERTISEMENT

SPIDER BASKETBALL ALL-TIME TEAM

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Here is something fun to talk about in the off season. This list (see below) has not been updated since 2013. We have had many great players since then and good stats are much harder to get in A10 verses previous leagues. Who should be added and removed? If you add someone, you need to also take someone off. Only 16 total on the team. Also who would start?

I would add. TJ Cline, Jacob Gilyard and Grant Golden. I might also add Tyler Burton if he has a strong season. I would remove Greg Beckwith, Dave Gonzalvez and Johnney Moats.

1st Team
PG Jacob Gilyard
SG Kevin Anderson (I think he is better at this position)
C TJ Cline
F Johnny Newman
F Bob McCurdy

Kevin Anderson 2007-11 - Second all-time scorer (2,165 points); A-10 and Virginia State Rookie of Year (2008); A-10 Player of the Year (2010); A-10 Tournament MVP (2011); 2-time 1st Team All A-10; most minutes played in a career (5,041; 36.3 mpg); AP Honorable Mention All-American (2010); 2 NCAA's; jersey No. 14 retired.
Ken Atkinson 1986-90 - Ninth all-time scorer (1,549 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Rookie of Year (1987); CAA Tournament MVP (1990); 2-time 1st Team All-CAA; 1st Team All-State (1990); member of school's first-ever NCAA Sweet 16 team (1988); UR record 8 three-pointers in game (1990); 2 NCAA's, 1 NIT.
Greg Beckwith 1982-1986 - UR Hall of Fame; All-time career leader in assists (573) and steals (227); nine of top 12 assists in a game, including top three (16, 14, 13); two of top three steals in a season (77 in '86 and 70 in '84); Robins Center record for assists in a game (14, 1985); CAA All-Tournament Team ('84); member of school's first two NCAA Tournament teams.
Curtis Blair 1988-92 - Seventh all-time scorer (1,630 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Player of Year (1992); 2-time 1st Team All CAA; 3-time All-CAA Tournament Team; 2-time All-CAA Defensive Team; member of '91 NCAA Team first No. 15 seed to defeat No. 2 (Syracuse); 2nd round NBA Draft pick Houston Rockets; NBA official.
Tony Dobbins 2001-04 - 1,026 points; only 2-time and back-to-back Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year (2003, 04); hit game-winning shot in victory at 12th-ranked Kansas 2004.
David Gonzalvez 2006-10 - Fifth all-time scorer (1,727 points); Atlantic 10 All-Defensive Team (2010); ESPN National Player of the Week (2010); as a senior helped lead Spiders to first national ranking in 25 years and NCAA at-large bid.
Justin Harper 2007-11 - 1,457 points; 1st team All Atlantic 10 and A-10 All-Tournament Team (2011); 32nd pick in 2011 NBA draft pick by Cleveland; member of 2 NCAA Tournaments teams and final Top-25 rankings; 2011 Atlantic 10 Championship and Sweet 16.
Ed Harrison 1952-56 - Fourth all-time scorer (1,843 points); UR Hall of Fame; 4-time 1st Team All State; 1st Team All Southern Conference (1956); two-time captain; most free throws made career (633).
Bob McCurdy 1973-75 - 1,347 points; UR Hall of Fame; AP Third Team All-American; Citizens Helms Foundation All-American 1975; nation's leading scorer 1975 (32.9 ppg); top three scoring games in UR history (53 pts., 46 pts., 44 pts.); Robins Center record for most points in a game (53, 1975); most points in a season (855 in 1975); most field goals in game (21) and season (321) in 1975.
Warren Mills 1951-55 - 1,233 points; UR Hall of Fame; 1st Team All State (1953); jersey No. 23 retired; two-time captain; scored 17 points in UR's 87-82 double overtime victory against North Carolina at the Benedictine High School gym in 1955.
Johnny Moates 1964-67 - 1,440 points; UR Hall of Fame; Southern Conference Player of Year (1967); two-time 1st Team All-Southern Conference; two-time 1st Team All State; two-time captain.
John Newman 1982-86 - All-time leading scorer (2,383 points); UR Hall of Fame; Virginia Sports Hall of Fame; jersey No. 20 retired; '83 CAA Rookie of Year; '84 CAA Player of Year; member of school's first two NCAA teams; leading scorer all four years; two-time captain; three-time AP Honorable Mention All-American; 29th overall NBA draft pick by Cleveland; played 17 NBA seasons with 12,740 points.
Michael Perry 1977-81 - Third all-time scorer (2,145 points); UR Hall of Fame; two-time All-ECAC South 1st Team; Converse All American (1980); 1st Team All State (1981); three-time captain; drafted in 9th round by NBA's Kansas City Kings (1981).
John Schweitz - 1978-82 - Sixth all-time scorer (1,723 points); UR Hall of Fame; two-time 1st Team All-ECAC South; 1st Team All State (1982); played in NBA with Detroit, Boston and Seattle.
Aron Stewart - 1972-74 - 1,237 points; UR Hall of Fame; Southern Conference Player of Year (1973); two-time 1st Team All Southern Conference; two-time Citizen Helms Foundation All American; second and third highest single season scoring average (30.2, 26.5ppg); averaged double-double 26.5 ppg and 12 rpg in 1974.
Dick Tarrant - Head Coach - 1981-1993 - UR Hall of Fame; Virginia Sports Hall of Fame; all-time winningest coach (239 wins); coached UR to school's first nine post-season appearances (5 NCAA; 4 NIT); NCAA Sweet 16 (1988); NCAA wins include Auburn, Indiana, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse - first No. 15 seed to beat No. 2; CAA Coach of Decade (1995); Five-time conference Coach of Year; two-time State Coach of Year; five-time National Association of Coaches District 4 Coach of the Year; Nike College Basketball Coach of the Year (1988).
Peter Woolfolk - 1984-88 - Eighth all-time scorer (1,604 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Rookie of Year (1985); 1st Team All CAA (1988); 1st Team All State (1988);two-time captain.

Here is something fun to talk about in the off season. This list (see below) has not been updated since 2013. We have had many great players since then and good stats are much harder to get in A10 verses previous leagues. Who should be added and removed? If you add someone, you need to also take someone off. Only 16 total on the team. Also who would start?

I would add. TJ Cline, Jacob Gilyard and Grant Golden. I might also add Tyler Burton if he has a strong season. I would remove Greg Beckwith, Dave Gonzalvez and Johnney Moats.

1st Team
PG Jacob Gilyard
SG Kevin Anderson (I think he is better at this position)
C TJ Cline
F Johnny Newman
F Bob McCurdy

Kevin Anderson 2007-11 - Second all-time scorer (2,165 points); A-10 and Virginia State Rookie of Year (2008); A-10 Player of the Year (2010); A-10 Tournament MVP (2011); 2-time 1st Team All A-10; most minutes played in a career (5,041; 36.3 mpg); AP Honorable Mention All-American (2010); 2 NCAA's; jersey No. 14 retired.
Ken Atkinson 1986-90 - Ninth all-time scorer (1,549 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Rookie of Year (1987); CAA Tournament MVP (1990); 2-time 1st Team All-CAA; 1st Team All-State (1990); member of school's first-ever NCAA Sweet 16 team (1988); UR record 8 three-pointers in game (1990); 2 NCAA's, 1 NIT.
Greg Beckwith 1982-1986 - UR Hall of Fame; All-time career leader in assists (573) and steals (227); nine of top 12 assists in a game, including top three (16, 14, 13); two of top three steals in a season (77 in '86 and 70 in '84); Robins Center record for assists in a game (14, 1985); CAA All-Tournament Team ('84); member of school's first two NCAA Tournament teams.
Curtis Blair 1988-92 - Seventh all-time scorer (1,630 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Player of Year (1992); 2-time 1st Team All CAA; 3-time All-CAA Tournament Team; 2-time All-CAA Defensive Team; member of '91 NCAA Team first No. 15 seed to defeat No. 2 (Syracuse); 2nd round NBA Draft pick Houston Rockets; NBA official.
Tony Dobbins 2001-04 - 1,026 points; only 2-time and back-to-back Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year (2003, 04); hit game-winning shot in victory at 12th-ranked Kansas 2004.
David Gonzalvez 2006-10 - Fifth all-time scorer (1,727 points); Atlantic 10 All-Defensive Team (2010); ESPN National Player of the Week (2010); as a senior helped lead Spiders to first national ranking in 25 years and NCAA at-large bid.
Justin Harper 2007-11 - 1,457 points; 1st team All Atlantic 10 and A-10 All-Tournament Team (2011); 32nd pick in 2011 NBA draft pick by Cleveland; member of 2 NCAA Tournaments teams and final Top-25 rankings; 2011 Atlantic 10 Championship and Sweet 16.
Ed Harrison 1952-56 - Fourth all-time scorer (1,843 points); UR Hall of Fame; 4-time 1st Team All State; 1st Team All Southern Conference (1956); two-time captain; most free throws made career (633).
Bob McCurdy 1973-75 - 1,347 points; UR Hall of Fame; AP Third Team All-American; Citizens Helms Foundation All-American 1975; nation's leading scorer 1975 (32.9 ppg); top three scoring games in UR history (53 pts., 46 pts., 44 pts.); Robins Center record for most points in a game (53, 1975); most points in a season (855 in 1975); most field goals in game (21) and season (321) in 1975.
Warren Mills 1951-55 - 1,233 points; UR Hall of Fame; 1st Team All State (1953); jersey No. 23 retired; two-time captain; scored 17 points in UR's 87-82 double overtime victory against North Carolina at the Benedictine High School gym in 1955.
Johnny Moates 1964-67 - 1,440 points; UR Hall of Fame; Southern Conference Player of Year (1967); two-time 1st Team All-Southern Conference; two-time 1st Team All State; two-time captain.
John Newman 1982-86 - All-time leading scorer (2,383 points); UR Hall of Fame; Virginia Sports Hall of Fame; jersey No. 20 retired; '83 CAA Rookie of Year; '84 CAA Player of Year; member of school's first two NCAA teams; leading scorer all four years; two-time captain; three-time AP Honorable Mention All-American; 29th overall NBA draft pick by Cleveland; played 17 NBA seasons with 12,740 points.
Michael Perry 1977-81 - Third all-time scorer (2,145 points); UR Hall of Fame; two-time All-ECAC South 1st Team; Converse All American (1980); 1st Team All State (1981); three-time captain; drafted in 9th round by NBA's Kansas City Kings (1981).
John Schweitz - 1978-82 - Sixth all-time scorer (1,723 points); UR Hall of Fame; two-time 1st Team All-ECAC South; 1st Team All State (1982); played in NBA with Detroit, Boston and Seattle.
Aron Stewart - 1972-74 - 1,237 points; UR Hall of Fame; Southern Conference Player of Year (1973); two-time 1st Team All Southern Conference; two-time Citizen Helms Foundation All American; second and third highest single season scoring average (30.2, 26.5ppg); averaged double-double 26.5 ppg and 12 rpg in 1974.
Dick Tarrant - Head Coach - 1981-1993 - UR Hall of Fame; Virginia Sports Hall of Fame; all-time winningest coach (239 wins); coached UR to school's first nine post-season appearances (5 NCAA; 4 NIT); NCAA Sweet 16 (1988); NCAA wins include Auburn, Indiana, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse - first No. 15 seed to beat No. 2; CAA Coach of Decade (1995); Five-time conference Coach of Year; two-time State Coach of Year; five-time National Association of Coaches District 4 Coach of the Year; Nike College Basketball Coach of the Year (1988).
Peter Woolfolk - 1984-88 - Eighth all-time scorer (1,604 points); UR Hall of Fame; CAA Rookie of Year (1985); 1st Team All CAA (1988); 1st Team All State (1988);two-time captain.
Can’t play KA at SG.

If we are just talking guards and forwards, then I’m going Anderson, Atkinson, Perry, McCurdy, and Newman.

Mine is biased to players I have seen play and Newman:
Guards - Kevin Anderson, Curtis Blair. Atkinson next in line.
Forwards - Harper and Newman
Center - Winiecki
Winiecki was a great player. Unfortunately for him, he was left of the list back in 2013, which means there is an extremely low probability he will be added the next time they update the All-time team.

I never saw McCurdy play. If I limited it to just players I saw for the starting team, I would add Harper or Perry in replace of him.

Tony Marshall from Indiana could have been an all-time great at UR in the late 70s. The night he was arrested, he scored 20+ points against the Terps led by John Lucas (Honorable Mention)

Only doing players from what I have seen (1995+) and how’d i’d build a team for winning an A10 title not necessarily based of accolades/accomplishments. Here’s my 13 man team.

PG - KA
SG - Tony Dobbins
SF - Gregg Stevenson
PF - Justin Harper
C - TJC

Bench
Kendall Anthony
Cedric Lindsay
Gilyard
Burton
Kevin Steenberge
Terry Allen
David Gonzalvez
Frances Cedric Martel.
Matthew F****ing Grace as the PWO

Brothers and Jarrod Stevenson just missed the cut.

I think if McCurdy and Aron Stewart played with 3 pt line their tag line would have stood
out more. Like Mike Perry, they did not play on very successful teams. Heck
Mike Perry was primary scorer with little to no support. From 60s to now there are many
well deserving players. Just look at how AAU changed and helped players more and more as years went by.
Different eras, facilities, rules, etc…which makes it difficult to be fair with the pre three point shot players vs more
current times.

I never saw McCurdy play. If I limited it to just players I saw for the starting team, I would add Harper or Perry in replace of him.

McCurdy averaged 32.9 pts/game in 1974-75, the NCAA national scoring leader. He could change a game much more readily than Harper (very late bloomer) and Perry.

Da Man has to be on the All Time Spider Team.

Call me crazy but mine would be KA, Gonzalvez, Newman, harper and Dan Geriot. Give me that core 4 lineup plus Newman and that’s the best we can do. I want guys who are winners and that’s as winning of a group as it gets in terms of UR’s history.

Call me crazy but mine would be KA, Gonzalvez, Newman, harper and Dan Geriot. Give me that core 4 lineup plus Newman and that’s the best we can do. I want guys who are winners and that’s as winning of a group as it gets in terms of UR’s history.
“The best we can do” seems a bit uninspired.

I mean it’s a fine lineup but your age shows some recency bias, there were a lot of good players before 2006.

Loved Gonzo, but Blair was as clutch and tough as they come and was a whole different level of athlete than Gonzo - hence one of the few players to be drafted. Blair hit so many big shots at winning time. Atkinson too. Gonzo is one of my all time favorites though.

Reactions: VT4700
McCurdy averaged 32.9 pts/game in 1974-75, the NCAA national scoring leader. He could change a game much more readily than Harper (very late bloomer) and Perry.

Da Man has to be on the All Time Spider Team.
I'm not sure he does. Leading the nation in scoring is a great accomplishment, but his team only went 10-16 that year, he only played 2 years for us, and he only had 25 assists his entire career here. Another guy I wouldn't have on there is Dobbins. Solid player, but if we are talking all time Spiders, as much as I loved his defense and the shot against Kansas, he was never a great shooter and was far from great offensively.

So, if I add Jacob, TJ, and Grant, the last guy I would remove would be Mills, who I never saw play so I am just going by stats and the fact that if I add 3, I have to take 3 off. And, if I add Tyler after he has a monster year this year, I would take off Moates, for pretty much the same reason I took off Mills. And, taking these guys off does not mean I am saying they were not good. You can still be a top 20 all time player if you are not on a top 16 list.

I will have to think longer about a starting lineup. That is hard to limit this to just 5 guys. Jumping Johnny Newman is a definite. I am thinking TJ as well. Like 23 said, Blair was just so solid, so clutch, so I am leaning toward him. For my last 2, I am having a hard time between Jacob, Kenny Atkinson and KA at PG, and if I just choose one there, Perry or Harper at the last spot.

Reactions: UR80sfan
Only doing players from what I have seen (1995+) and how’d i’d build a team for winning an A10 title not necessarily based of accolades/accomplishments. Here’s my 13 man team.

PG - KA
SG - Tony Dobbins
SF - Gregg Stevenson
PF - Justin Harper
C - TJC

Bench
Kendall Anthony
Cedric Lindsay
Gilyard
Burton
Kevin Steenberge
Terry Allen
David Gonzalvez
Frances Cedric Martel.
Matthew F****ing Grace as the PWO

Brothers and Jarrod Stevenson just missed the cut.
FCM over Jarod? What??? I believe FCM’s bio said his highest scoring game was 13 points. Jarod was conference player of the year!!

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
Not sure you can find a better winner than Kenny Atkinson. Like 3 of the guys you mentioned, he went to the sweet 16, and 2 total NCAA tourneys. His final 3 seasons, we went 26-7, 21-10, and 22-10, and we were 84-41 overall his 4 years, with 2 CAA regular season titles and 2 CAA tourney titles. And, he made a ton of game winning shots. Kenny Atkinson = winner.

Reactions: gcarter52
I'm not sure he does. Leading the nation in scoring is a great accomplishment, but his team only went 10-16 that year, he only played 2 years for us, and he only had 25 assists his entire career here. Another guy I wouldn't have on there is Dobbins. Solid player, but if we are talking all time Spiders, as much as I loved his defense and the shot against Kansas, he was never a great shooter and was far from great offensively.

So, if I add Jacob, TJ, and Grant, the last guy I would remove would be Mills, who I never saw play so I am just going by stats and the fact that if I add 3, I have to take 3 off. And, if I add Tyler after he has a monster year this year, I would take off Moates, for pretty much the same reason I took off Mills. And, taking these guys off does not mean I am saying they were not good. You can still be a top 20 all time player if you are not on a top 16 list.

I will have to think longer about a starting lineup. That is hard to limit this to just 5 guys. Jumping Johnny Newman is a definite. I am thinking TJ as well. Like 23 said, Blair was just so solid, so clutch, so I am leaning toward him. For my last 2, I am having a hard time between Jacob, Kenny Atkinson and KA at PG, and if I just choose one there, Perry or Harper at the last spot.
McCurdy had such bad ankles, he had cortisone shots in them just to allow him to play. Like TJ and Blake Francis, that
team was made up of transfers in McCurdy, Aron Stewart and Eric Gray, your primary scorers. I rate Bob McCurdy at the top because he played in pain and rarely came out of a game. Unless you saw him play, then no one would understand how incredible of a shooter he was. RIP Bob McCurdy one of my top five for sure.

Reactions: urfan1
Yeah, he could consistently make the ill advised, circus shots that Blake tried with so so results. Off balance, two defenders draped on him, Bam, he still would score. Among the most entertaining Spiders I have ever seen. He was magic.

I can't rank Perry, Schweitz, Stewart or McCurdy. statisically all of them are impressive. just never saw them.

PG: Anderson
SG: Blair
SF: Newman
PF: Harper
C: Cline

2nd team:
PG: Gilyard
SG: Gonzo
SF: Burton
PF: G Stevenson
C: Golden

that would be a heck of a game.

yeah, I hesitated putting Harp on the 1st team. I really wanted everyone to have more than one great year. I gave him the edge for playing here all 4 years, while Stevenson only transerred in for 2 (really good) years.
I'm also hoping Burton moves into the starting lineup with a big senior year.

Greg gets more love by most than Jarod. But I actually put jarod just above him. Both really good. Greg was physically stronger Jarod more athletic. It’s close, Greg did have 2 monster years here but jarod had an equivalent senior year when he got to play under Beilein too. Maybe I lean Jarod due to 4 years and ncaa win. Tho Greg could have easily had the latter if not for CAA ban & being 1st team out.

I can't rank Perry, Schweitz, Stewart or McCurdy. statisically all of them are impressive. just never saw them.

PG: Anderson
SG: Blair
SF: Newman
PF: Harper
C: Cline

2nd team:
PG: Gilyard
SG: Gonzo
SF: Burton
PF: G Stevenson
C: Golden

that would be a heck of a game.
I'm switching Greg Stevenson and Harper in this line up, but otherwise I like this ranking. No offense to Gilly, great great player for us, but Kevin Anderson was on a different level. Best player, I've ever seen play in our uniform.

FCM over Jarod? What??? I believe FCM’s bio said his highest scoring game was 13 points. Jarod was conference player of the year!!
Yeah, I liked FCM personally, but he is no where near an all timer for us.

Yeah, I liked FCM personally, but he is no where near an all timer for us.

tbf Ferrum said he wasn’t listing just all timers but also building a roster w role guys. But yeah you’d still put Jarod in that role over FCM.

but if it was specific roles for a roster playing together I would have Darius Garrett on there. To have a rim protector & we’ve really had nobody like him. Garrett wouldn’t make an all time list but I’d want him for sure in the interior defender role.

I can see where your coming from, but as I said not so much based of accolades and accomplishments and based off trying to win an A10 championship since everyone will most likely have the same answers.

If that were the case more than FCM would be off that team and Brothers wouldn't even be considered. No questions JRod was a better player for us as were others I didn't mention. Terry Allen would of been the odd man out instead which to me would be debatable as to who was the better player. I needed another role player that can play wing FCM fit the bill. Garret was also considered. Both those guys were great at change of pace for their respective strengths.

Sorry JRod I still got mad respek for ya.

Yeah, he could consistently make the ill advised, circus shots that Blake tried with so so results. Off balance, two defenders draped on him, Bam, he still would score. Among the most entertaining Spiders I have ever seen. He was magic.
At 6'8" he had some unbelievable games against the likes of Furman which had 6'9" Clyde Mays and 7'0" Fessor Leonard trying to cover him. McCurdy may have had one of the softest shots also that seemed to hit the rim and softly go in after contorting his body to get the ball over the two giants. The double OT against VT with Allen Bristow, Bobby Stevens and Charlie Thomas which beat Notre Dame in NIT was one of the greatest games I have ever seen in the RC and McCurdy, Stewart and Gray contributed a lot of points.

As we said back in the day, Aron Stewart was the truth. He belongs on any all-time UR team. He was a dominant player for us in his era.

I heard "Dueling Banjos" on Sirius radio today. Reminded me of those great 73-76 games against VPI.

G: KA
G: Gilly
G: Newman
F: TJC
F: Golden

Harper has a case but it’s only for 2 years. All of these other guys were really good early. Based on their time at Richmond, and not the NBA or professionally. It’s pretty clear cut.

G: KA
G: Gilly
G: Newman
F: TJC
F: Golden

Harper has a case but it’s only for 2 years. All of these other guys were really good early. Based on their time at Richmond, and not the NBA or professionally. It’s pretty clear cut.
I agree with the list, with the inclusion of Harper ( 6 players like how a10 conference does selections). Interesting how a lot of people’s lists are heavy with older players considering there was not overwhelming success in their favor compared to the recent players, especially when considering A10 vs CAA

OK, think I will update mine thinking on it a little more:
Guards:
Atkinson
Blair
Forwards:
Burton
Newman
Big:
Peter Woolfolk

This is peak version of these players (also considering all were four year players with productive careers) Woolfolk almost averaged 20/10 senior year, battling the likes of David Robinson to a standstill at 6'5. I saw both KA's play up close - and tough tough call but Atkinson was just a tad better I think. I'm a big Blair guy so you will have trouble convincing me otherwise at 2 guard. And Burton/Newman forward tandem. Fuggedaboutit. I can definitely see the case for Gilyard at a guard. But peak this five would be lethal.

OK, think I will update mine thinking on it a little more:
Guards:
Atkinson
Blair
Forwards:
Burton
Newman
Big:
Peter Woolfolk

This is peak version of these players (also considering all were four year players with productive careers) Woolfolk almost averaged 20/10 senior year, battling the likes of David Robinson to a standstill at 6'5. I saw both KA's play up close - and tough tough call but Atkinson was just a tad better I think. I'm a big Blair guy so you will have trouble convincing me otherwise at 2 guard. And Burton/Newman forward tandem. Fuggedaboutit. I can definitely see the case for Gilyard at a guard. But peak this five would be lethal.
Huge Burton fan, but how could you rationalize having him on this team over the likes of Harper based on everything so far? Also, just curious as to your prerequisite’s to be on it. If you use the 4 year player with productive careers, it’d be difficult to not include Gilyard/ Golden, no?

Reactions: gcarter52
I went peak version 85% with a pre-requisite of having played 4 years. Burton's sophomore year was better than Harp's junior season. I know, I am extrapolating a bit on Burton, but think as long as he is healthy will end up having been a little better than Harp. Really like Golden, but I think Winiecki for example at his peak senior year was every bit as skilled if not better, and much stronger/superior athlete. And Woolfolk could probably handle anyone we had inside.

Huge Burton fan, but how could you rationalize having him on this team over the likes of Harper based on everything so far? Also, just curious as to your prerequisite’s to be on it. If you use the 4 year player with productive careers, it’d be difficult to not include Gilyard/ Golden, no?
Probably because Tyler has had 3 great years and is already one of the best we have ever had here.

Reactions: spider23
Probably because Tyler has had 3 great years and is already one of the best we have ever had here.
Tyler is great. Nobody would dispute that. Just think that there are 2 other greats that just graduated that probably should (everybody has own opinion) be on a majority of lists. NCAA Tournament, holding records in various statistical categories (even before Covid year), more all-conference selections, etc.

my all time team:
Guard: Kevin Anderson Tony Dobbins
Guard: Kendall Anthony Kevin Smith
Forward: Terry Allen Johnny Newman

Forward: TJ Cline
Center: Steenberge
The guys before my time I can’t say. But we had players back in the day

ADVERTISEMENT