Holy Cross -8.5 over New Hampshire

Incarnate Word -8.5 over Furman

William & Mary -9.5 over Gardner-Webb

South Dakota State -21.5 over Delaware

Montana State -1 over Weber State

Samford -7.5 over SE Louisiana

North Dakota State -7 over Montana

Sacramento State -19.5 over Richmond

Sac State has not shown they need to give Richmond that many points.
One site I saw had Spiders with a 45% chance to win the game.

Furman and New Hampshire look to high also, but NH will lay an egg once in a while.

If we lose by 20 points, I suspect that means they hung about 50+ on us, because I don't see a lot that suggests they're going to slow down our offense too much.

I don't ever bet on anything, and I know they're in the same league and all, but I think Montana State is at a different level (and would have beaten Sac State too, had they played).

Montana State beat Weber by five earlier this year but was up on them 43-24 in the third quarter, so it was basically in hand early.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncspiderfan
My Spidey senses are tingling for this one. The more I learn, the better I feel about this game.

Does Sacramento State have less fans than us? Or is their board just not that active?

Reactions: spider23
SSt has two QBs who seem to split time. I would say that we match up better against Dunniway. OHara is a dual threat, like W&M's Darius Wilson.

The first is Jake Dunniway, he averages a 60.7% completion rate on 244 attempts. He has put up 1867 yards, with 16 TDs and 10 INTs. He has rushed 21 times with a -10 yards. Dunniway is the greater passing threat.

The second QB is Asher OHara, who completed 62 of 80, for a 77.5% completion rate, 642 yards, with 8 TDs and no INTs. OHara has rushed for 175 times for 798 yards (4.6 YPC) and 19 TDs. OHara has the second most rushing yards on the team.

OHara transferred from MTSU, where he put up better numbers in both rushing and passing. This guy reminds me of the W&M QB, Darius Wilson, who is a dual threat.

SSt's rushing attack is lead by Cameron Skattebo, a Sophomore. He had 1,250 yards on 168 ATT, 5 TDs and averaged 7.4 yards per carry. He also had 24 receptions for 281 yards for 11.7 yards per catch.

This will be a tough match-up for the good guys, depending on how well our D-Line plays. Our defense will have its hands full.

My Spidey senses are tingling for this one. The more I learn, the better I feel about this game.

Does Sacramento State have less fans than us? Or is their board just not that active?
I get the impression it's sort of like a big J Sarge. Probably a commuter school, most likely not a tremendous amount of school pride/sports diehards as a result. (And no real sports history at this level to generate a lot of interest, to date.) It has an 83% (!!) acceptance rate, so take from that what you will.

I get the impression it's sort of like a big J Sarge. Probably a commuter school, most likely not a tremendous amount of school pride/sports diehards as a result. (And no real sports history at this level to generate a lot of interest, to date.) It has an 83% (!!) acceptance rate, so take from that what you will.
So the Towson State of Sacramento.

Calling for 60% chance of rain in Sacramento on Saturday. Hope we're practicing with a wet ball this week. May rain here Wednesday, practice in the rain hopefully.

The main question is whether our defense can stop their offense. How healthy is our DLine?
All back to my knowledge, I do not think anyone was dinged last weekend, but not in the know.
One LB missed last week from 2 deep, but I could not tell in Huesman interview if he would be back. Secondary looked to be fine also.

Reactions: urfan1
Both love to go up and over on short yardage attempts. Need to go low to get the push with second wave drive back the leap attempt. #4 is a load, you cannot bring him down with arm tackles and block tackles, have to hit solid and wrap up. D will have to help tackle these two.

Will add both are vulnerable to having the ball knocked loose, so punch at ball when opportunity arises.

Calling for 60% chance of rain in Sacramento on Saturday. Hope we're practicing with a wet ball this week. May rain here Wednesday, practice in the rain hopefully.
now 80% rain 52-54 degrees wind ssw 7

Can't imagine they've played much in the rain, right? Should be a minor advantage to us in that sense, but potentially a slight disadvantage since they like to run it anyway. But our passing game shouldn't be too affected by rain since we don't throw deep that much.

Reactions: ncspiderfan
Stop these guys and we’ll have a shot

Dylan Laube the RB for New Hampshire ran for 1227 yards in 11 games this year and averaged 105 per game. He ran for 29 versus the Spiders
Hope we can repeat that feat against Skattebo, he is a weapon for sure.
The QB can run it and throw it. The rain might slow him down throwing it.
As for the RB and QB run combo they have, hope we hold them to under 150 on the ground.

No one knows what will happen in a football game, but my guess is our style pass game will be less affected by rain than theirs. Not to mention Marlem, Ray and Grant are rushing passers like men possessed.

Someone mentioned Sac State turns it over a lot, continuing that trait would be extremely helpful and Spiders have caused quite a few this year.

Reactions: urfan1

November 29, 2022

Spider Insight Podcast - Playoff Edition - for November 29, 2022 with Voice of the Spiders Bob Black and tv/radio analyst Chris Anderson. Bob and Chris are talking FCS playoff football with First Team All-CAA quarterback Reece Udinski. They wrap up the Spiders (9-3) dominating first round playoff win over Davidson, in which Udinski was 28-31 (90%) for 246 yards and two touchdown passes, and preview Saturday's second-round game at No. 2 seed and unbeaten Sacramento State (11-0).

Last edited:
If Skattebo is better than W&M's back, we're screwed. They're basically the same exact size. I don't think he will be better, but if he is as good or close, that's a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT