ADVERTISEMENT

Rotation 2021-2

I think 23's just trying to give Nick bulletin board material to push him a little!
Nick's going to score 23 in game one and give 23 a shout out in the post game presser.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeter and spider23
I think we see Nick at the 3 most of the time even if he starts games at the 2. We’ll see a lot of Grant/Burton/ Nick in games if Cayo doesn’t have it, and a lot of small lineups with Cayo/Burton/Nick if teams go small on us. I really think Nicks minutes come from Cayo/Burton and grant depending on opponent and how the game is going.

I also think there’s a lot of minutes out there for dji/Wilson/goose at the 2, even in crunch time because we’ll need their defense. I hope Mooney can get creative with offense/defense subs in the later part of close games

Not trying to be negative about Nick, I just think defense is the part of the game that gets overlooked the most on this board, and apparently by Mooney too.

Fan1 hit the nail on the head as to why I was very excited Nick came back for another year: CLUTCH.

Anyone on the team I want taking the last shot it is Nick. Not just a high percentage shooter, but wants and can make the big shot, and seems to have the nack for making a play at winning time - even on the defensive end of the floor.

I just don't see him as a defensive guard, need Dji and Zay for those duties I think. Especially with Goose injured/out.

Thanks for sharing, at Tech is a good one. Wow, hoops season is close!! No A10 team in the HOF tipoff in Connecticut this year is an aberration though. Stacked field with Villanova, Purdue, UNC, and Tennessee though should have 4700 excited to go .

Good scrimmage with Tech.

some tidbits from Va Tech...we lost by 4, the defense was decent, and Fr played in the 5th qtr mostly. The starters were the same. Dji played a lot in this game at the 2 mainly but did have some ball handling duties a couple of times. Connor played well too but maybe a little less time than Dji this game but it was just the opposite in the 1st scrimmage vs JMU where he(Connor) played a lot more. I think maybe that's just coach experimenting with rotations and lineups and I'm just guessing...anyway just wanted to pass a long some bits. Won't be long now... 😀 🕷️ 🏀

Good stuff, thanks spiderdad. Glad to see Connor and Dji getting significant time, we have some depth at the 2-3 spots and we should use it. In the two scrimmages, did they use Zay more in relief of Gilly, or next to, or both?
I can't say about Zay at the moment but nothing for board or fans to worry about.

Hmm, quite interesting about Goose. I was thinking that it was a possibility he may be out for the year - maybe based on an '05 post? This will definitely add some intrigue at the other guard spot. Zay and Dji do have some opportunity early in the season to establish themselve's in the back court ahead of Goose being ready for action.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
If he’s ready then he’ll play. If it’s borderline they’ll have alternatives to bring him back slowly. This is definitely a no rush scenario as far as personnel goes.

Hmm, quite interesting about Goose. I was thinking that it was a possibility he may be out for the year - maybe based on an '05 post? This will definitely add some intrigue at the other guard spot. Zay and Dji do have some opportunity early in the season to establish themselve's in the back court ahead of Goose being ready for action.
Yup - this was definitely me. Happy to hear he's recovered well! Would be great to see him out there this year. Wasn't expecting it based off early news.

watch for Sherod to also get some time behind Golden at the 5. Offensively he’s a fit shooting & passing at high post. Defensively we’d go “small” but that could be good & we wouldn’t be that small anyway. Sherod can guard a big in spot minutes too. I said this last year about Sherod playing some 5 pre injury. It would be smart & I believe Mooney is onboard we’ll see.
Sounds like a good bet to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT