ADVERTISEMENT

Rock solid kicking

spidermex

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Four FGs by Yoder from 40+ in the last two games. Not much chatter about the positives on this blog.

Yoder has been a positive in the last several games. A bright spot with all of the injuries to key players that we have experiences recently.

FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS
----------------------------------
Peter Yoder 1st 06:57 40 yards Good
Peter Yoder 2nd 02:40 24 yards Good
Peter Yoder 3rd 02:28 42 yards Good

KICKOFFS
-------------------
No. Yds TB OB Avg.
Peter Yoder 7 428 2 0 61.1

Mr Clutch,Mr Yoder.He was busy today.

Also punting from young Helkowski averaged 46 yds for his 2 punts.

DJ needs to get a little quicker with his punts but he really has done a fine job this year.

Glad we have both of these guys for the next few years.

Always nice to see and be able to post positive remarks about our kicking game. Lots of confidence in Yoder. My 1 wish is that we'd just have him send any kickoffs into end zone. Again today ST gave up too many return yards. Important not to give up those extra yds in coming games against much better opponents. Punter has been good as well, but would like to see him pin teams inside 20 when he gets the chance; has missed a few of those opportunities so far this season. Know he's just a freshman and can only improve this season and in years to come. Good problem to have.

I am very happy with Yoder and his recent consistency, no complaints here (shocking many of you I'm sure). I am worried about a lot of the special teams play, with poor kickoff coverage, getting burned on fake punts and having punts blocked or nearly blocked on numerous occasions. Maybe we need to try faking if for no other reason to give our opponents something else to think about instead of stampeding D.J. every time.

While we are discussing kicking, how about UNC pulling off an onsides kick while leading by one point with only a couple minutes left in the game against UVa? Now, that's thinking outside the box!!!

Not that we need him, but whatever happened to McCall?

Yoder can win this game Saturday with his FG's.His ball has a high amplitude and with the winds coming out of the north at 20 mph,the ball will work big time right to left (hook-like my golf shot) in the Millhiser endzone and left to right in the BigScoreboard end.The ball will carry.MR holding in the rain helps considerably.Don't think Nova has such a weapon.Likely haven't needed one given their gaudy scores except for Tribe.Their kicker lost the game at Cuse by missing a 20 yd chip shot.

This post was edited on 10/29 2:15 PM by 32counter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT