ADVERTISEMENT

Rocco Out at UD? Yup, Rocco out at UD.

Crazy! He made playoffs his last 3 yrs here..winning 10 games in his last 2 and could only sniff a few 7 win seasons at UD...Delaware must be in a tough conference! ;-)

DNJ says Keeler could be an option because he might not be happy about moving up to FBS? :confused:

Not sure Danny is the easiest person to have to report to a boss.He sheds schools like people shed skin.The early honeymoon suite with the Hen AD obviously way in the rear view mirror .Nova and Monmouth continued success on the field likely a concern for recruiting wins.WR Hen 3 star verbal commit from Iona Prep just got offer from UConn's Mora.Having a healthy Nolan Richardson at QB for the entire 2021 would have likely saved Danny in spite of his personality defect.Rocco’s mustache was not well received by Chrissi either.Too bushy and not well manicured.

Last edited:
Delaware athletic director Chrissi Rawak on the firing of football coach Danny Rocco after five seasons (31-23 record): “The decision to make a coaching change came down to the expectations we have for winning championships year in and year out at Delaware."

AD wants Hens to become JMU’s successor as the top of CAA football heap.

Last edited:
Eight Legger's new love - I could not resist - but does his wife know?

1464028522128.jpg

Reactions: urfan1
Power vacuum with JMU's departure from the conference, smart for UD to make a move. Meanwhile we continue to drag our knuckles on a failed experiment.

• Angry
Reactions: Mo 2.0
Delaware athletic director Chrissi Rawak on the firing of football coach Danny Rocco after five seasons (31-23 record): “The decision to make a coaching change came down to the expectations we have for winning championships year in and year out at Delaware."

AD wants Hens to become JMU’s successor as the top of CAA football heap.
Of note, she says "winning championships" and not "competing for championships".

Case closed.

I bet losing to the lowly Huesman 51-27 was the final straw.
Beating Albany by 5 and Dixie State by 7 in previous weeks and both at home was a clear indication that Danny’s boat was taking on water in rough weather.
Mancuso returning from injury gave Huesman a reprieve while Richardson’s not returning from injury caused Danny being thrown overboard.

Last edited:
I think DR burnt the bridge on his way out of the Robins Center, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I don't agree with the way he left, but what he said has turned out to be accurate. And his teams always played hard and most years made the playoffs.

When Rocco left UR he was frustrated with lack of admin support for sports which put him in the same mindset of many of us.
I think it had to do with the AD- Keith Gill- forcing Rocco to bench his back-up QB. This really affected us, when Lauletta was injured in the last game of the season. Rocco said he had no Plan B at QB. Rocco was forced to turn to the back up, he had been saving for the next season. They burned his redshirt.
IIRC, it was alleged that a high-up person on the FB team raped a girl at UR. She went public with the allegations, but kept her name hidden. The Admin and the police found little to support her allegations. Rocco was angry at Keith Gill for interfering with Rocco's decisions concerning the team. As a result, Rocco determined he could no longer work at UR. That one was on Keith Gill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT