ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond St. Bonaventure Official Game Thread/Media

Ferrum Spider

Team Manager
Feb 17, 2010
Know there is another thread going, but wanted to put some relevant information for our posters not at the game to follow and try and get as much info in as possible. Love some feedback and feel free to add links. If liked enough will do for other games.

Richmond Spiders Media
Richmond Spiders Game Day
Live Stats
Watch Live
Listen Live
Notes

St. Bonaventure Media
St. Bonaventure Gameday
St. Bonaventure Notes
St. Bonaventure Message Board
Bona Blog Richmond Preview - By Jonathan May

Other Media
Vegas Preview
John O Conner - St. Bonaventure Game
Richmond Times Dispatch Preview
Joe Kirby Article

Edit: Think the Watch and Listen Live links will be updated when the games start. IIRC they usually don't go up until an hour or so before tip off.

Reactions: Spider93
Getting our A whipped in every facet of the game so far. Have to make shots when you are too short.

Should have been a lot worse. Lucky to be in this game. Need to find way to beat UPS extended Zone. We are too short to pass over it.

There is little room for error in our game. Fortunately the last 3 games we shot 3's well. So far 4 for 14.

We are going to have games like this. The first half was not pretty. Hopefully 2nd half will see better shooting and a few block outs on the defensive boards. SB is getting a lot of uncontested 3 point looks.

Ours for the taking with foul trouble and Adams out got to win these games at home!

Solid comeback. One thing I found interesting, and, I think its because the guy fouled out, but SBU was really killing us with the 1-3-1. Trying to take away the DMB 3, it worked well and was surprised they went away form it to more of a trap/3-2 zone.

DMB is a freak. That block was insane.

Solid comeback. One thing I found interesting, and, I think its because the guy fouled out, but SBU was really killing us with the 1-3-1. Trying to take away the DMB 3, it worked well and was surprised they went away form it to more of a trap/3-2 zone.

DMB is a freak. That block was insane.
I think other teams may show us the 1-3-1 and we have to be better prepared. Hope Mooney gets some practice in on that.

they extended and trapped off of the 1-3-1 and we attacked it the same way every time I believe a couple of quick passes (first one before the trap) may have worked better to attack the weak spots

The stat line for Julius doesn't look like anything special but I wanted to give him some praise.

His tenacity last night, especially during one stretch of the second half, was incredible. It's contagious when a guy throws his body around with reckless abandon, crashing the boards, diving for every loose ball, etc. The team and crowd really responded to his effort. I think he is that "glue guy" that good teams have to have that we seem to have been missing the last several years.

Also, very impressed to see the lead steadily grow down the stretch instead of giving St. Bonaventure any glimmer of hope to make a run. Awesome job of keeping the foot on the gas and really closing a game out.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Buck's block was #6 on sportscenter top 10 plays last night.

edit - just saw on another thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferrum Spider
Interesting stat of the game: Bonaventure's Ayeni fouled out after playing only 9 minutes. Surprisingly, this is not the quickest he has fouled out this year, taking only 7 minutes against Florida!
I thought he fouled out in the UMass game in 7 minutes with only 3 fouls and a TKO?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Buck's block was #6 on sportscenter top 10 plays last night.

edit - just saw on another thread
A10 had three plays in top 10:
#6 was the best - Buck chasing down and destroying the dunk attempt. Reverse posterization.
#5 - Bad guys had one, really not as good as #5 IMO.
# 1 - Former Duquesne guard TJ McConnell with game winner for 76ers. Ced Lindsay really dominated this guy head to head. Hope Ced is healthy and playing somewhere?

23, thanks for sharing article. Had to smile when reading phrases like "raucous crowd", "crowd really got into it", "loud", etc. Have to agree energy in RC was really high, even when we were down.

Midlothian loved to read that also. Nice job Spidernation. Watching URI game, fans looked lethargic, lot of empty seats.
Will say I was impressed with LaSalle. Athletic, played smart, made shots and attend the basket. They will be a handful this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT