ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Player Impact Matrix

@VT4700 I've made some tweaks based on the following, and I think it makes a lot of sense:
  • Points matter the most! You can't win if you don't score, so weighting for 2PT, 3PT, and FT Makes have been increased
  • Misses aren't as critical, but still matter. They certainly can detract against your performance, but aren't the full story. 2PT, 3PT, and FT Misses have weight decreased, though smaller than the increase in Makes
  • Weights for Rebounds, Fouls, Assists, Turnovers, Steals, and Blocks have all been adjusted down
With these changes, here's the updated RPIM for VMI (I hope this is one of the final ones, I know these changes are annoying, but I want to get this right early):

PlayerRPIM
Isiah Bigelow19.60
Tyler Burton16.62
Neal Quinn13.13
Jason Nelson12.16
Andre Gustavson9.55
Dji Bailey9.10
Jason Roche6.23
Marcus Randolph4.97
Matt Grace4.40
Aidan Noyes3.45
Mike Walz-0.20

What do you think?

Reactions: spiderman
Can you share what 2019-2020 looks like with your new adjustments? It would help to see a whole season.

• Weights for Rebounds, Fouls, Assists, Turnovers, Steals, and Blocks have all been adjusted down
now it's looking good.
no idea about your weighting, but a couple thoughts ...
fouls are probably the least important. they're not even always bad, and often are of no negative effect.
turnovers are the worst. they're an absolute end of possession so they're substantially worse than a missed shot. plus live-ball turnovers can be easy baskets the other way.
steals on the other hand may be the best for the opposite reason. if anything I'd adjust those up.
blocks are less valuable than steals as they don't always change possession.

now it's looking good.
fouls are probably the least important. they're not even always bad, and often are of no negative effect.
turnovers are the worst. they're an absolute end of possession so they're substantially worse than a missed shot. plus live-ball turnovers can be easy baskets the other way.
steals on the other hand may be the best for the opposite reason. if anything I'd adjust those up.
Agreed, fouls are the lowest of weighting in RPIM. Turnovers have the highest weight out of these, so I think we're on the same page here.

Good point on blocks, I'll adjust that weight. Doesn't significantly affect VMI in any way

Last edited:
Reactions: spiderman
now it's looking good.
All good points, Sman. I appreciate the time and effort flyder put into this, and am trying to help a little, but I still am not sure how telling it will really be. It's just too hard for me to look at a new number like this and make any sense of it. I think the eye test combined with a box score is all you really need to focus on, but again, that is just me. A box score doesn't lie. It is what it is. A new set of stats are hard to get into because you just don't know where they came from and how much a stat is weighted. So, let's say I miss seeing a game, I don't think there is anyway I would learn more from a new RPIM stat than a simple box score.

I could be in the minority here, but I am more of a regular stat guy, and not a deeper, analytics stat guy. Baseball drives me crazy with all of their stats, and I couldn't care less about all of their extra analytics they now use. I pretty much feel the same about other sports. But, again, just me and my opinion. I know plenty of people that get into the new baseball analytics, so flyder, please don't let my negativity toward this slow you down any. Just because I don't think it is telling doesn't mean others will agree with me.

All good points, Sman. I appreciate the time and effort flyder put into this, and am trying to help a little, but I still am not sure how telling it will really be. It's just too hard for me to look at a new number like this and make any sense of it. I think the eye test combined with a box score is all you really need to focus on, but again, that is just me. A box score doesn't lie. It is what it is. A new set of stats are hard to get into because you just don't know where they came from and how much a stat is weighted. So, let's say I miss seeing a game, I don't think there is anyway I would learn more from a new RPIM stat than a simple box score.

I could be in the minority here, but I am more of a regular stat guy, and not a deeper, analytics stat guy. Baseball drives me crazy with all of their stats, and I couldn't care less about all of their extra analytics they now use. I pretty much feel the same about other sports. But, again, just me and my opinion. I know plenty of people that get into the new baseball analytics, so flyder, please don't let my negativity toward this slow you down any. Just because I don't think it is telling doesn't mean others will agree with me.
@VT4700 Totally get it, advanced stats aren't for everyone. My only problem with box scores is that they rank by points if they're sorted but that's not totally the true story. Scoring 20 with 8/30 shooting is different than Scoring 20 with 8/12 shooting (along with other stats of course)

Here are the updated RPIM's for the 2017-2021 Seasons. Changes to note: TJ has had the best RPIM performance over the last 6 seasons, Sherod gets his due with 2018's Top RPIM, Francis moves up in 2020 and 2021, #2 in RPIM per game for both seasons. @VT4700 Seems to align with your thinking too.

2016-2017

PlayerRPIMRPIM/Game
TJ Cline906.9025.91
Shawndre' Jones791.8022.62
De'Monte Buckingham549.4615.70
Khwan Fore518.8614.82
Nick Sherod388.3411.10
Julius Johnson278.447.96
Marshall Wood138.044.45
Joe Kirby42.321.69
Kwesi Abakah25.630.73
Grant Golden*13.411.49
Paul Friendshuh1.620.18
Jesse Pistokache0.210.05
Chase Fletcher0.200.07
Keith Oddo-0.55-0.55

2017-2018

PlayerRPIMRPIM/Game
Nick Sherod677.5621.17
Jacob Gilyard641.7720.06
Grant Golden610.2919.07
De'Monte Buckingham528.6517.62
Khwan Fore419.8414.48
Julius Johnson194.456.08
Nathan Cayo102.483.20
Solly Stansbury65.513.85
Joe Kirby46.071.71
Keith Oddo9.181.84
Paul Friendshuh6.060.28
Jordin Madrid-Andrews2.760.21

2018-2019

PlayerRPIMRPIM/Game
Jacob Gilyard793.2925.59
Grant Golden690.4720.92
Nathan Cayo560.3616.98
Jake Wojcik400.4412.13
Andre Gustavson256.298.27
Noah Yates205.416.22
Julius Johnson174.655.63
Nick Sherod*108.8718.14
Matt Grace77.212.97
Souleymane Koureissi73.782.38
Bryce Schneider7.061.76
Keith Oddo5.910.66
Jordan Gaitley1.710.57
Sullivan Kulju0.780.78
Tomas Verbinskis0.300.10

2019-2020 (No Tournaments)

PlayerRPIMRPIM/Game
Jacob Gilyard696.8822.48
Nick Sherod567.5918.31
Grant Golden522.9518.03
Blake Francis508.5820.34
Nathan Cayo384.0512.80
Andre Gustavson211.326.82
Tyler Burton182.646.09
Jake Wojcik151.934.90
Souleymane Koureissi57.631.92
Matt Grace46.971.62
Tomas Verbinskis14.114.70
Jordan Gaitley3.930.49
Gabe Arizin-0.19-0.04
Sullivan Kulju-5.55-0.69

2020-2021 (Covid Shortened)

PlayerRPIMRPIM/Game
Jacob Gilyard498.3321.67
Blake Francis393.4519.67
Tyler Burton383.9316.69
Grant Golden378.8818.04
Nathan Cayo344.9415.00
Matt Grace128.875.60
Andre Gustavson126.407.02
Souleymane Koureissi66.262.88
Isiah Wilson38.211.91
Connor Crabtree33.258.31
Dji Bailey25.712.86
Sullivan Kulju6.903.45
Jordan Gaitley1.100.55
Gabe Arizin0.300.15
Quentin Southall0.20.2

* = Key Injury

Nelson going 2-8 from the free throw line and picking up 4 fouls certainly detracts from his performance. (I’m not going to argue for or against this with anybody.) I’d focus less on trying to adjust the entire formula for a one game sample size and think that, using these metrics, Nelson maybe wasn’t as good as what the box score says.

Personally I’d be interested in seeing how things are weighted here, you’ve clearly worked on this a long time and have put a lot of thought in. Before I advocate for any tweaks though I’d love to see the setup. My Richmond degree is Economics so I really enjoy this type of stuff.

I think advanced stats are incredible metrics, but with every stat that exists you have to take them all into account. Every stat is a piece of the puzzle, sometimes you just have to figure out where each piece goes. If this is going to be adjusted so much that it just mirrors a box score then is it really a useful tool?

Really enjoy it, just wanted to provide some positive feedback

Nelson going 2-8 from the free throw line and picking up 4 fouls certainly detracts from his performance. (I’m not going to argue for or against this with anybody.) I’d focus less on trying to adjust the entire formula for a one game sample size and think that, using these metrics, Nelson maybe wasn’t as good as what the box score says.

Personally I’d be interested in seeing how things are weighted here, you’ve clearly worked on this a long time and have put a lot of thought in. Before I advocate for any tweaks though I’d love to see the setup. My Richmond degree is Economics so I really enjoy this type of stuff.

I think advanced stats are incredible metrics, but with every stat that exists you have to take them all into account. Every stat is a piece of the puzzle, sometimes you just have to figure out where each piece goes. If this is going to be adjusted so much that it just mirrors a box score then is it really a useful tool?

Really enjoy it, just wanted to provide some positive feedback
It's true, I definitely don't want it looking like a box score, and it doesn't. Nelson at the top with points does not reflect his performance, thus he moves down 3 places.

I don't plan on making many more adjustments, I think based on a wider look, it's pretty close to complete, and thanks to all those who provided input to get it there!

Boiling an entire stat line down to a single number is always going to involve compromises. You can tweak weightings here and there, but even it's hard to get balance that properly reflects all players. Even then, some contributions don't even show up in the box score.

The RPIM is fine for what it is...people are of course free to look at or ignore it.

RPIM for the win over UNI

RPIM MVP: Jason Nelson

PlayerRPIM
Jason Nelson30.45
Jason Roche21.31
Tyler Burton18.08
Neal Quinn11.83
Matt Grace9.17
Marcus Randolph7.26
Andre Gustavson6.04
Gabe Arizin0.35
Mike Walz0.10
Aidan Noyes0.10
Malcom Dread-0.49
Isaiah Bigelow-2.08
Dji Bailey-4.62

In advance of the comments regarding the negative numbers, just remember it's a cumulative statistic where additional performances will counteract these and Bigelow and Bailey went 0/7 on the night.

Great game from Nelson and Roche, and overall looking much better than the first game!!

Last edited:
RPIM from OT Loss to Charleston

RPIM MVP: Tyler Burton

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton57.23
Matt Grace28.46
Isaiah Bigelow18.04
Jason Roche5.11
Neal Quinn4.87
Andre Gustavson4.02
Jason Nelson3.08
Dji Bailey-1.65
Marcus Randolph-1.13

Burton's play earns him one of the top RPIM scores in the last 5 years. Grace was impactful and consistent (hope he's ok), and Bigelow added some clutch shots and play to sit well on this list. Otherwise, not the best performance from our bench players. We're going to need more support if we want to win.

As said in the game thread, Nelson is going to be a streaky player, and last night was not one of his best. He has to clean up at the line and take more responsible shots. Some would say he should be above the Goose and I somewhat agree, however, if you take the second most shots on the team and don't produce, you will not be rewarded.

Liked the comeback, refs were reffing, but we can't get in that position. Mooney needs to figure out when to use a timeout properly to stop momentum, many times he calls them after long poor stretches, or when we score and have the momentum. Not gonna cut it

RPIM's from Loss to Wichita State

RPIM MVP: Isaiah Bigelow

PlayerRPIM
Isaiah Bigelow23.87
Tyler Burton17.55
Neal Quinn10.83
Jason Roche9.83
Jason Nelson7.70
Andre Gustavson2.67
Dji Bailey2.27
Marcus Randolph-0.50

Overall not a great team performance. Bigelow's Double Double puts him at the top, and, despite a season high in assists, JayNel once again shot poorly, he has to get some 3's to fall for him. Plus, 5 TO's didn't do him any favors. Burton is proving to be our most consistent option, but he has to shoot the ball better inside the arc, shots seem forced at times. 40% from 3 for Roche we'll take, just hope he continues to see more time.

Was disappointed again with the Goose, and disappointed that Mooney kept the bench short. This was a real opportunity to see Walz in action. Mooney showed last night he has no faith in his bench other than Roche, and that won't sit well with those players.

Overall, that loss sucks. Still time to turn it around, but a tough stretch of OOC upcoming will challenge us.

Richmond RPIM's for Loss to Syracuse

RPIM MVP: Jason Nelson

PlayerRPIM
Jason Nelson25.89
Jason Roche18.28
Isaiah Bigelow16.78
Neal Quinn15.44
Tyler Burton9.49
Dji Bailey8.84
Andre Gustavson1.55
Marcus Randolph0.20
Michael Walz-0.65

Burton had an uncharacteristically terrible game, particularly at the line. I've never seen Tyler like that at the line, I expect him to put in the work and not have that happen. I think he got in his head a bit, seeing as this was a televised game and he has a shot to make the NBA.

Nelson's clutch 3 point shooting and general playmaking put him at the top here. It was a consistent performance, but would've liked to have seen the ball move faster, when that happened, we got going. I blame Mooney for this more than Nelson, but still.

Finally, Roche showed he deserves to be starting in my opinion. Goose was not that impressive on defense (though it improved in the second half until that foul on the 3) and I've seen Roche improve in this area. Not sure what Mooney sees in Goose other than his speed to the basket and D, neither of which have been impactful.

It was absolutely criminal that Roche did not even see OT until the final 30 seconds, absolutely absurd. This is loss is on Mooney, plain and simple. I support coach, but I think he has to continue to rely less on himself and more on his assistants, or these late game blunders are only going to compound themselves.

Overall, this loss isn't the end of the world, but we really should be at least 3-2 right now, really 4-1, and that's tough to swallow.

Richmond RPIM's for Win over Temple

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton26.56
Andre Gustavson21.31
Jason Nelson17.29
Marcus Randolph9.10
Jason Roche8.88
Neal Quinn7.33
Dji Bailey0.35
Michael Walz0.20
Isaiah Bigelow-0.51

Overall a solid game for the Spiders! Burton wasn't at his true best, particularly from 3, but his efficiency inside the arc is rewarded here. I like his aggressive play, it opens up the floor but also allows him to show his athleticism for NBA scouts in and around the basket. A nice recovery game for him.

Goose shut me up last night. Defensively, he still has work to do (particularly late game fouls), but, similar to Burton, he was aggressive driving to the basket and made smart decisions with his shot selection. Efficient and effective.

Randolph surprised me the most last night, he seems plenty ready to go, and easily has won his spot in the rotation ahead of Bailey. Having Goose on their best player the whole game clearly tires him out and forces him into poor decisions. Adding Randolph into the mix loosened the Goose, while showing Mooney he's made a mistake not playing Randolph this season more. Excited to see more of him in the coming games as Mooney figures out his A10 lineup that he will absolutely not change under any circumstance.

Overall, we need to get out to better starts. Our second half performances overall have largely been commendable, but that's not going to cut it. Move the basketball, be active, make smart decisions, and shots will fall!

Reactions: spider23
Yep, Goose looked really good last night. Finished at the basket, and made some really nice decisive drives. And knocked down that corner 3. I am hoping he has been in ramp up mode and that is the Goose we get more often. He was away for part of the summer workouts if I recall, so maybe that set him back a bit. But thought he played a good game.

Reactions: urfan1
Richmond RPIM's for Loss at Toledo

RPIM MVP: Jason Roche

PlayerRPIM
Jason Roche22.45
Andre Gustavson17.77
Tyler Burton16.14
Isaiah Bigelow14.17
Dji Bailey5.20
Jason Nelson4.19
Neal Quinn3.03
Marcus Randolph0.82
Michael Walz0.40
Aidan Noyes0.10
Connor Crabtree0.08

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Roche should be starting every game, keeping him on our bench right now is absurd. He's a pure shooter who's shooting nearly 50% from 3 this season. Instead we let Bigelow shoot wild 3's and let Burton try to win games himself (and it's clearly not working for him). The players played terribly, but Mooney should be ashamed of himself at this point, and I'm not even a Mooney hater. He still does not have a handle on this lineup and this team, Gilly and Grant are gone, and his "replacements" (Quinn and Nelson) just aren't there yet (emphasis on yet) to fill the same role.

Remember when Sherod was in his prime 3-4 years back? Roche is the equivalent, and yet Mooney can't get himself to give him the time he deserves on the court. Change it up coach!!

RPIM from loss to William & Mary (Forgot to post this earlier because I was in pure shock of our performance)

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton35.05
Neal Quinn17.30
Andre Gustavson9.79
Matt Grace9.48
Marcus Randolph5.29
Isaiah Bigelow5.17
Jason Nelson3.45
Dji Bailey1.57
Jason Roche-0.37

Need more production from Bigelow and Nelson or we'll never win. Tough Roche didn't have a great game but he barely got any shot attempts. I don't understand Mooney blatantly misusing Roche, just because he has a couple misses, doesn't mean go elsewhere. We'll never establish ourselves and Roche himself as a 3 point threat with Mooney's current approach

RPIM from Win over Drake

RPIM MVP: Neal Quinn

PlayerRPIM
Neal Quinn28.91
Jason Nelson27.69
Tyler Burton23.20
Isaiah Bigelow11.94
Jason Roche10.78
Matt Grace7.47
Connor Crabtree5.15
Michael Walz5.03
Andre Gustavson2.23
Dji Bailey1.18
Aidan Noyes0.65
Marcus Randolph-1.64

Now that's a balanced attack. 5 players with 10+ RPIM's and 3 with 20+ RPIM's, that's extremely rare to see! It's clear the team put in the extra work following the disappointing string of losses, particularly to W&M, especially JayNel! Quinn and JayNel's play picking up with not long to go before A-10 play is exactly what we want to see! Not too much to complain about in this game, we had it in control from the jump, which is rare for a Mooney coached team. Let's get out to leads like that again!

Is it possible to get a running tally over the course of the entire season as opposed to game by game?
@PASpider My plan was to post the cumulative RPIM's at after tomorrow's game, through the first 10 games, along with some other intel! Let's just say Tyler is running away with it

Reactions: PASpider
RPIM's from Win over FDU

RPIM MVP: Isaiah Bigelow

PlayerRPIM
Isaiah Bigelow27.14
Tyler Burton20.83
Neal Quinn20.13
Jason Nelson15.41
Jason Roche13.23
Aidan Noyes9.31
Matt Grace7.29
Andre Gustavson5.54
Marcus Randolph4.34
Dji Bailey3.89
Michael Walz2.09
Connor Crabtree1.03
Malcolm Dread0.70
Gabe Arizin0.20
Liam Weaver-0.03
Quentin Southall-1.16

Great game all around here. Bigelow was efficient, with 17 points in 16 minutes, a real nice game from him! Love to see Noyes perform well getting some more time, might make Mooney want to think some more about giving him some minutes. Not much to complain about here, but no matter the time, you have to protect the basketball!

RPIM's from Loss to Clemson

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton28.62
Neal Quinn10.58
Marcus Randolph9.03
Jason Roche8.99
Aidan Noyes8.30
Isaiah Bigelow5.61
Michael Walz1.55
Connor Crabtree0.26
Andre Gustavson-0.19
Jason Nelson-2.41
Matt Grace-3.31

Burton looked like he belonged in ACC play, everyone else looked like they belonged at FDU. Brutal loss across the board. But, this game proved one thing once again: Mooney has no idea who his team is, at all. Matt Grace shooting as many 3's as Jason Roche, are you kidding? That's a joke, a complete and utter joke. 3 of our starters in the negative for RPIM's is beyond bad, just unbelievable. I'm worried about our chemistry headed into A-10 play, hope these last couple games prove me wrong.

RPIM's from Loss to Clemson

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton28.62
Neal Quinn10.58
Marcus Randolph9.03
Jason Roche8.99
Aidan Noyes8.30
Isaiah Bigelow5.61
Michael Walz1.55
Connor Crabtree0.26
Andre Gustavson-0.19
Jason Nelson-2.41
Matt Grace-3.31

Burton looked like he belonged in ACC play, everyone else looked like they belonged at FDU. Brutal loss across the board. But, this game proved one thing once again: Mooney has no idea who his team is, at all. Matt Grace shooting as many 3's as Jason Roche, are you kidding? That's a joke, a complete and utter joke. 3 of our starters in the negative for RPIM's is beyond bad, just unbelievable. I'm worried about our chemistry headed into A-10 play, hope these last couple games prove me wrong.
I'm worried more about History than I am Chemistry.

Negative RPIM from 3 starters is not a recipe for success. Love me some MFG, but as sman has pointed out, the YOY trend is that he is not a very successful 3 pt shooter. I don't mind him jacking one now or then ( or even when it's winning time), but does not seem like he should be volume shooting them. Reed looks like a guy that can shoot them, I know 47 thinks we recruit great 3pt shooting bigs, but not for awhile, not for awhile.

But, this game proved one thing once again: Mooney has no idea who his team is, at all....3 of our starters in the negative for RPIM's is beyond bad, just unbelievable. I'm worried about our chemistry headed into A-10 play, hope these last couple games prove me wrong.
I couldn't agree more with these statements Flyder. The "starting five" simply to do not play together that well. Sure they can crush an under-manned team like FDU, but otherwise they are shaky at best. The problem with the next 2 games is once again the opponents are low quality, so the Spiders are going to "suddenly" look much better without any changes. What should happen is Mooney should mix it up and try to find something that works better, but he won't.

Sidebar: I don't know what MFG was thinking in the Clemson game and was disappointed that Mooney didn't have any "pointers" for him. But we all know that he doesn't criticize the starters (at least in-game). Mooney seems to think the "big lineup" from last year should be duplicated as the "standard", but Matt and Neal do not complement each other like Matt and Grant.

Reactions: flyder19
RPIM's from Win over Bucknell

PlayerRPIM
Tyler Burton43.57
Matt Grace27.41
Andre Gustavson17.09
Jason Nelson15.47
Jason Roche12.32
Neal Quinn6.63
Isaiah Bigelow3.59
Marcus Randolph-1.05

A solid game overall from everyone. Burton was on fire, and, in particular, Grace and the Goose are showing their worth, finally. I still do not understand Roche's minimal use, he's our best shooter other than Burton, Mooney has to get him more time and shots or we'll be in trouble in A-10 Play

RPIM's for Win over Coppin State

PlayerRPIM
Neal Quinn30.28
Jason Roche24.86
Tyler Burton20.88
Andre Gustavson19.10
Matt Grace12.74
Marcus Randolph7.88
Jason Nelson6.29
Isaiah Bigelow5.51
Connor Crabtree0.28
Aidan Noyes0.20
Michael Walz-0.05

One of our better RPIM performances as a team this year. Our top performers are starting to show through, and great to see Tyler have a decent enough game but have others do even better. Quinn played phenomenal in the second half and Roche gave us some needed 3's in the first half. Players stepping up when we need it are exactly what we want to see headed into A-10 play.

RPIM's for Win over Coppin State

PlayerRPIM
Neal Quinn30.28
Jason Roche24.86
Tyler Burton20.88
Andre Gustavson19.10
Matt Grace12.74
Marcus Randolph7.88
Jason Nelson6.29
Isaiah Bigelow5.51
Connor Crabtree0.28
Aidan Noyes0.20
Michael Walz-0.05

One of our better RPIM performances as a team this year. Our top performers are starting to show through, and great to see Tyler have a decent enough game but have others do even better. Quinn played phenomenal in the second half and Roche gave us some needed 3's in the first half. Players stepping up when we need it are exactly what we want to see headed into A-10 play.
Thanks for the continued updates and commentary - you starting the GMU Game thread soon :)?

RPIM's for Loss to George Mason

RPIM MVP: Matt Grace

PlayerRPIM
Matt Grace17.30
Tyler Burton16.28
Jason Nelson12.36
Marcus Randolph11.05
Neal Quinn4.70
Andre Gustavson2.53
Jason Roche1.44
Connor Crabtree0.60
Isaiah Bigelow0.01

Overall, it was a pretty lousy game, and it shows here in the RPIM's. Burton went 20+ but at a cost, Grace went 15+ but at a cost, both are under 20 for RPIM's which should not happen with those point totals. Burton's worse efficiency inside the arc and at the line were damaging, and Grace's poor 3 point shooting almost did him in. Grace should never be putting that many up and this time, that's on him. He has to know that's not his shot and really should be taking 2-3 a game only. Poor shooting night from Roche, but on 3 attempts. I'll stand by this until I die, but he needs more minutes, it's absolutely absurd at this point. Shame on Mooney

RPIM's for Loss to George Mason

RPIM MVP: Matt Grace

PlayerRPIM
Matt Grace17.30
Tyler Burton16.28
Jason Nelson12.36
Marcus Randolph11.05
Neal Quinn4.70
Andre Gustavson2.53
Jason Roche1.44
Connor Crabtree0.60
Isaiah Bigelow0.01

Overall, it was a pretty lousy game, and it shows here in the RPIM's. Burton went 20+ but at a cost, Grace went 15+ but at a cost, both are under 20 for RPIM's which should not happen with those point totals. Burton's worse efficiency inside the arc and at the line were damaging, and Grace's poor 3 point shooting almost did him in. Grace should never be putting that many up and this time, that's on him. He has to know that's not his shot and really should be taking 2-3 a game only. Poor shooting night from Roche, but on 3 attempts. I'll stand by this until I die, but he needs more minutes, it's absolutely absurd at this point. Shame on Mooney
Agreed to all - on a side note, had Bigelow hit the 3 when we had a chance to tie the game we would all be talking about his major contribution with the 11 boards

Agreed to all - on a side note, had Bigelow hit the 3 when we had a chance to tie the game we would all be talking about his major contribution with the 11 boards
Just a shame he's been unable to match that level of contribution with his shot making. He has the NBA body, just needs to see some drop. Hopefully he'll be able to pick that up throughout A-10 play

I think whatever formula is being used needs a lot of tweaking. Bigelow had 12 rebounds, including 4 offensive, and 0 turnovers in 19 minutes. If you are talking about impacting a game, that can't possibly equal 0.01 in any formula, anywhere, anytime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT