ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond-Duquesne, Part II

Eight Legger

Spider's Club
May 27, 2003
The Dukes lost three starters earlier this year -- Sincere Carry, Lamar Norman and Maceo Austin -- yet still managed to finish just behind us. Better stop them from rebounding like they did against us last time, but we probably won't because we hate rebounding, so hopefully we make a lot of shots.

Our shooting basically kept us from losing. Consider how Dukes were coming back at the end. I am looking at the injuries of Golden and Francis. Golden and Francis combined for 27 points last time. Don't how confident I feel about getting those points again.

Another concern is the rebounding. 11 offensive rebounding for Dukes last time. Giving up extra chances is never a good sign.

don't know how I feel about us having the first game of the day. It will either totally ruin the day or mean we can breathe a tiny sigh of relief already by early afternoon and start focusing on the possibilities of tomorrow
I'm honestly okay with whatever happens today. It's a weird feeling.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Grant will play, unsurprisingly. Said yesterday they were going to ditch the glove and try a different setup to give him more flexibility.

I'm not an athletic trainer but never understood how that glove contraption was going to allow Grant to play. First of all, it stuck the finger out from the others which to me would make it more susceptible to getting banged again, secondly, it basically made his left hand non functional.

Not sure why they just didn't tape the two fingers together and allow him to play like that. Seems like that is the plan today though.

Reactions: kneepadmckinney
Just cast his entire forearm and hand and let him smack the shit out of out of people inside.

Holding the finger back helps keep it out of the way of contacting the ball when trying to use that hand, but yeah, it also sticks it out there to be bumped from the other side. It obviously wasn't working.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
No Francis and a limited Blake - we will need Burton and Cayo to get 35 points between the two of them and play the entire game.

Surprise of the Day - Grace comes off the bench, plays 18 minutes and scores 10 points.

Spiders Win - 71 - 65.

Our leading scorer Blake Francis is out. I definitely don't feel good about that. 17 points is a lot missing.

Nice to see Gilly being more assertive on the offensive end...he obviously has to be today.

Reactions: gospidersgo
While in quarantine were he players allowed to go outside and run? If not why not?

Sloppy sequence there, but overall looking pretty solid. Winning the battle of the boards so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT