ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 71 St. Bonventure 61 - Burton, Burton, Burton!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

congrats to Burton and the team...a double-double versus Duquesne is one thing, but against the Bonnies I think Burton demonstrated tonight that he's fought his way out of his slump...his game had to be one of the best offensive games in Robins Center history...I can't remember which Spider and when went for more points since the Bob McCurdy days...

who's started coaching rebounding on the Spiders staff?...don't look now but the Spiders have won the battle on the boards three of the last four games and the game in which we didn't (VCU 36 -37) we had 17 offensive rebounds...tonight a 35-24 pounding of the Bonnies included another 10 offensive boards...what's up with this?

when the Bonnies went up by one at 46-45 with 10:46 remaining this Spiders fans kind of said here we go again...but something was different tonight...instead of tentative play it was our guys, Burton and friends who made the big baskets, clutch FTs and several tough defensive stops...

if the Spiders can produce more of this type of effort they can keep the second half of the A-10 schedule interesting and entertaining...

Go Spiders!

congrats to Burton and the team...a double-double versus Duquesne is one thing, but against the Bonnies I think Burton demonstrated tonight that he's fought his way out of his slump...his game had to be one of the best offensive games in Robins Center history...I can't remember which Spider and when went for more points since the Bob McCurdy days...

who's started coaching rebounding on the Spiders staff?...don't look now but the Spiders have won the battle on the boards three of the last four games and the game in which we didn't (VCU 36 -37) we had 17 offensive rebounds...tonight a 35-24 pounding of the Bonnies included another 10 offensive boards...what's up with this?

when the Bonnies went up by one at 46-45 with 10:46 remaining this Spiders fans kind of said here we go again...but something was different tonight...instead of tentative play it was our guys, Burton and friends who made the big baskets, clutch FTs and several tough defensive stops...

if the Spiders can produce more of this type of effort they can keep the second half of the A-10 schedule interesting and entertaining...

Go Spiders!
Let not fight it. Go Spiders!

Mojo - thought of McCurdy as well...but in those days it was often in a losing effort. Also thought of Newman who could take over a game with his scoring and lead us to a victory. Neither one of them would "fly through the air" quite like Burton.

...his game had to be one of the best offensive games in Robins Center history...I can't remember which Spider and when went for more points since the Bob McCurdy days...

Go Spiders!
TJ had 36 on 3/1/2016 versus Dayton. So do not have to go too far back in the time machine. UR tweeted this, but I had to check to see if it was a home game.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Brothers' game was also at home, back in 2013 against Charlotte.

Burton's game is also impressive because we only scored 71, so he had (ever so slightly) more than half of our points. TJ and Darien were a bit short of that.

Mojo - thought of McCurdy as well...but in those days it was often in a losing effort. Also thought of Newman who could take over a game with his scoring and lead us to a victory. Neither one of them would "fly through the air" quite like Burton.
That “fly through the air” happened close to my seats. Had a great view of that, and it was like art work. Play of the night in my mind. Soaring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT