ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 68 Northern Iowa 55 - Strong 2nd Half Propels Spiders Win

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Ha! "Captain Obvious" back for another season...I think Jason Nelson has begun his Spiders career in an impressive manner...it looks like he could develop into the next great Spiders point guard...

and how about the other Jason? Roche!...his three point shooting tonight may be a sign that he really can shoot well against a higher level of competition...

if you didn't see the game, the video clips will give you a good glimpse at what both Jasons did tonight...

finally, Coach Mooney said somewhere along the way in preseason that he thought this squad could be strong defensively...I have no idea how good VMI and Northern Iowa will turn out to be but our defensive effort has smothered both of them...particularly in the second halves when the games were being decided...I expect we'll find out more about the Spiders defense Monday night against Charleston...they put 86 on the board tonight in a losing effort against #1 ranked UNC...

congrats to the team on the promising start to the season...it's been a fun week watching the new era of Spiders basketball...

Beat Delaware!

Go Spiders!

Ha! "Captain Obvious" back for another season...I think Jason Nelson has begun his Spiders career in an impressive manner...it looks like he could develop into the next great Spiders point guard...

and how about the other Jason? Roche!...his three point shooting tonight may be a sign that he really can shoot well against a higher level of competition...

if you didn't see the game, the video clips will give you a good glimpse at what both Jasons did tonight...

finally, Coach Mooney said somewhere along the way in preseason that he thought this squad could be strong defensively...I have no idea how good VMI and Northern Iowa will turn out to be but our defensive effort has smothered both of them...particularly in the second halves when the games were being decided...I expect we'll find out more about the Spiders defense Monday night against Charleston...they put 86 on the board tonight in a losing effort against #1 ranked UNC...

congrats to the team on the promising start to the season...it's been a fun week watching the new era of Spiders basketball...

Beat Delaware!

Go Spiders!
Thx mojo for the clips as always. Safe travels to Delaware. No driving & posting!

Thx mojo for the clips as always. Safe travels to Delaware. No driving & posting!
Thanks Killer, but due to circumstances I'll be enjoying today's Delaware game from the comfort of my broken recliner...hoping the Spiders can make next Saturday's game against the Indians a CAA Championship game!

Go Spiders!

Great clips. Check out the design of the out of bounds play for the Roche 3, this is a great angle to see all the action.

1. Randolph back screens for a Tyler alley oop. Likely option 1 but it's defended.
2. Roche comes from across the court to back screen for Grace at the top of the key. Grace cuts down the lane. This is key because Roche's man is forced to hedge a step to ensure Grace isn't wide open for a layup.
3. Randoph, after biding his time on the wing, now down screens for Roche to pop out to the wing for the open 3. Roche's man, who had hedged into the lane, now is too late to recover to the wing in time. Open 3, bang.

Reactions: mojo-spider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT