ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 67 Old Dominion 61 - Spiders Find A Way

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

this game was one of the ugliest wins I seen by the Spiders in recent memory...I should have known better than to think we would be able to carry over the momentum from Friday's win over State...there was no way offensively challenged ODU was going to let us play that way...the Monarchs played hard and contested everything...

but you know what?...as Dick Tarrant often said after ugly wins "a win is a win"...I'm grateful!

even with the Spiders well known rebounding woes over the years, I'm not sure I've ever seen us pounded worse on the offensive boards than by ODU today...but Tyler Burton, Grant Golden and Nathan Cayo found enough shots and FTs to overcome the Monarchs second chance points...

it seems Burton is gaining confidence with each game and becoming indispensable...he is rolling outside, inside and at the FT line

for the second game in a row the Spiders had a chance to lose in the final minutes, but they didn't...they held together and made the plays to win on both ends of the court...this is encouraging...

now for the "get away" game versus struggling Bucknell...a win finishes the non conference schedule with six straight wins something that seemed pretty unlikely after the disaster in the Bahamas...

enjoy some of the big plays from the final three minutes...

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT