ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 38 Howard 14 - The Defense

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

despite holding the Bison to 1 of 11 3rd down conversions and never allowing Howard to enter our red zone, I was a little disappointed in our defense, particularly since I had sung its praises the entire preseason...

its performance in the first half was eerily similar to what's plagued us since 2017...playing okay and then giving up big plays to bail out the opponents offense...a 25 yard run for TD and a 64 yard pass/run TD to keep Howard in the ball game at the half....the Bison had over 200 yards total offense in the first half!

the 2nd half was much better, but this was Howard we were playing...Coach Huesman expressed his disappointment in the post game presser and vowed to work on what he described as poor communications among the defenders.

I remain optimistic that our defense will remain a strong point of the team...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: CarolinaSpider

despite holding the Bison to 1 of 11 3rd down conversions and never allowing Howard to enter our red zone, I was a little disappointed in our defense, particularly since I had sung its praises the entire preseason...

its performance in the first half was eerily similar to what's plagued us since 2017...playing okay and then giving up big plays to bail out the opponents offense...a 25 yard run for TD and a 64 yard pass/run TD to keep Howard in the ball game at the half....the Bison had over 200 yards total offense in the first half!

the 2nd half was much better, but this was Howard we were playing...Coach Huesman expressed his disappointment in the post game presser and vowed to work on what he described as poor communications among the defenders.

I remain optimistic that our defense will remain a strong point of the team...

Go Spiders!
Agreed. The defense needs to play better.

Reactions: urfan1
still playing soft on corners, available on almost every play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT