ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 31 Lehigh 3 - The Spiders Defense

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Coach Huesman rode the defense in his comments all week...it looked like they may have stepped up as the Mountain Hawks were not able to spring big plays for TDs...I have not heard his post game comments...

the D kept Lehigh out of the end zone and for the second week were very tough in 3rd and 4th down situations...Lehigh was only able to convert 3 of 13...the turnover in the 2nd quarter helped open the flood gates for the 4TDs...

no doubt our defense still has to prove itself against stronger competition...we'll get that next week against CAA powerhouse Villanova in Philly...that's when we'll know what we've got...I hope they'll be ready!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: 32counter
Still worry about our inability to get players on ground with first hit. Specially
DBs don’t lock arms around legs, they want to hit high, hoping to knock them off
their feet.

Still worry about our inability to get players on ground with first hit. Specially
DBs don’t lock arms around legs, they want to hit high, hoping to knock them off
their feet.
3 steps up next weekend.Covington is a beast at RB,much bigger/mobile OL and QB Smith is clever with arms/feet.
We’ve given up way too much ground yardage from much lesser teams to date.
We did play our 2’s and 3’s so my critique should be discounted somewhat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT