ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 20 Villanova 10 - How About That "Work in Progress" Defense?

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

don't look now, but from my seat it looks like our defense is playing as effectively as our offense...yesterday capped three pretty outstanding defensive efforts to start the CAA season...

these amateur video clips are selected plays highlighting the pressure the Spiders put on Watkins all afternoon...after the game Coach Huesman credited this for limiting the Wildcats explosive "chunk" plays...

we have become particularly strong in the last three quarters of the game...we have not given up a TD in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter of our three CAA games...that pretty damn good!

I'm just a fan, but appears someone on the coaching staff is preparing the guys well and then making in game adjustments to shut down the opponent...hat's off to the coaches and congrats to the players for executing well...but as Marlem Louis said after the game the defense needs to keep getting 1% better in each practice...I don't doubt they will!

Go Spiders!

Echo the shout out to the defense, particularly the D-line. Lost a great talent in Kobie transferring to Wake Forest, then Aidan Murray goes down for season during camp, then we lose a gem of a D-line coach in Jeff Hanson. Faced the season with trepidation after that level of attrition.

Nevertheless, Marlem Louis, Ray Eldridge, Carsen Stockinski, and Jeremiah Grant have taken the reins and far exceeded expectations. Also impressed with sophomore back up Zander Barnett.
Marlem is playing lights out and switching Stockinski from O-line to D-line with his athleticism and size has been huge.

Like this D-line. Believe in them. Stay healthy. We can play with anyone in CAA upfront...on either line for that matter.

I love the way they seem to create more and more push as game goes on. They were out of position on the counters in Q1
but adjusted well the rest of the game

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT