Nov. 1: lost Northern Iowa (42-28)
Nov. 8: vs. Youngstown St
Nov. 15: at South Dakota

8. Montana State Bobcats (6-3)
Nov. 1: lost Cal Poly (35-27)
Nov. 8: vs. Portland State
Nov. 15: vs. Idaho State

Re: Nos.4,7,8 go down today

Still not much buzz or discussion about the Spiders. Watched the W&M JMU game yesterday. W&m lost a 10 pt lead after pushing JMU around on O for three qs. JMU capitalized on passing. In the 4th and w&m d offside penalties.

The JMU game here on the 15th has grown awfully meaty.

ND State @ No Iowa, Jax St @ EKU, Montana @EWU,Youngstown @ Illinois State games on 11/8. Big week outside the CAA. All are opportunities for us to move up.

Purple People go to Stony Brook next weekend.Should be nice and cold and windy at the Seawolves home field on the north shore of Long Island.Hosts have a nasty defense.

besides the guys taking care of business on the field, the other ingredients are falling into place as well, which only means one thing, maine is the biggest "trap game" ever. umwcah and w&m mean absoulutely nothing if we go up there and lay an egg. the guys and coaches really have to take it all up there next saturday, a playoff game in reality, they all are at this point. we have accomplised one goal, a winning season.....let's go get some more goals on the ledger.....

I agree, Spinner. Maine had a bye week so plenty of time to heal, regroup, and prepare for the Spiders in the hope of salvaging a respectable season. Great victory yesterday,but that is over. The Bears will be ready. We best be too.

in fact, the game with the Royal Pukes has now become the most important game every played at The Brick House...

but please, like Nova just consider it "another game"...that seemed to work pretty good....

Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page

JMU gives up a ton of points. We've given up 187, they have given up 280. We have scored about equally. Play our game and they should go down.

One key to our success on the road is we have gotten off to great starts. Hopefully we can do the same at Maine and get them down a couple scores early. Everyone knows Maine has a problem scoring points this year, so getting up early could really rattle their confidence.

I think we can write off W&M as a playoff contender, so there are 4 teams left with a shot at the playoffs. And I don't think JMU really has much of a chance. If we take care of business down the stretch, we will be in very good shape.

I agree with others that the Maine game, coming after a huge win and before our 2 rivalry games is a perfect spot to have a letdown. That said, I think this team has the senior leadership and the motivation to avoid such a letdown. Rocco isn't 8-0 in November here by some random luck. We'll be ready.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT