ADVERTISEMENT

Red zone issues

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
I never thought I would say this, this season. But the offense is going to have to step it up a little. We lived on the defense against Nova. I don't understand how the stats show we went 2 -4 in the red zone? Fumbled snap at the goal line, interception at the 6, and the sack for a loss that resulted in a 43 yard field goal attempt, that was missed?

In fact I remember commenting when we were at the 8 that we needed a penalty to get out side the 10 so we could score. LOW and Behold, off sides and then touchdown.

have not looked at any stats, so may be whistling in the wind here but bet that most teams have trouble in the red zone. defenses can just jam more things close in and it gives most teams fits. a running qb certainly is a big equalizer because it makes the D have to defend one more player.

Really missing Strauss throwing to back and corners of end zone. Our play calling inside red zone is way too predictable right now. Also timing with receivers for MR isn't there yet when inside the 10. Good to see him make that 15 yd run on Sat. Maybe opponents will have to account for that option. Worst case, they all need to hang onto the ball. Teams know we've had issues with losing fb near end zone so are certainly trying to knock it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT