ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

No offer yet but a name to watch, presumably if Reed falls through...7'0" Evan Ramsey.

Edit: Turns out he was already on my radar, but I can't figure out why. Didn't spot any previous mentions in here.

Edit 2: Found it...he visited back in October, so not sure if the new tweet is old info or if we still have interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Another 2023 wing visited us today on an unofficial...Kendall Campbell out of Georgia. Curiously picked up some nice offers early, but no offers in the past 16 months?

Gipe never rests...back on the recruiting trail in Texas checking out 2024 Josiah Moseley and maybe some younger guys. Don't see that we've offered yet, but he has offers from SLU, ECU, and a few others.

Last edited:
Saw that McGeehan offered Derin Saran today. We were poking around him a few months ago but never offered.

Pete Thomas getting into the act down in Alabama...he's standing with 2024 6'5" PG Ty Davis, who currently has offers from Ole Miss, Indiana State, Lipscomb, Samford, and Tennessee Tech.

May recruiting update/interview:

Reactions: plydogg
Not sure who we're looking at down at Forsyth Country Day outside of Winston-Salem, but they've got several D-I caliber guys it looks like.

Not sure who we're looking at down at Forsyth Country Day outside of Winston-Salem, but they've got several D-I caliber guys it looks like.

Typically not known as a hotbed of basketball talent. Rusty LaRue is probably best known out of there.
Winston Salem Prep is typically the bball player producing private school.

Definitely making the local rounds...stopped by Collegiate as well.
Looks like Donovan Richardson might be who we have our eye on at Collegiate with Boyden stopping by. He's a 2025, so we're getting in early.

Someone from staff was down in Orlando at Oak Ridge HS today...not sure who we were looking at as they have a number of prospects.

Reactions: plydogg
Another 2023 wing visited us today on an unofficial...Kendall Campbell out of Georgia. Curiously picked up some nice offers early, but no offers in the past 16 months?

Tanner's teammate Campbell has committed to Elon.

I appreciate the 100% guys. they keep it real. but as a fan ... it kinda feels like they're doing the bare minimum. I mean, you should at least give it 110%.

1000% has to be absolute maximum commitment. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more committed than that.

which brings us to Matt Reed. I believe his tweet just said "committed". no percentage at all. that should have been a huge red flag. should have raised questions.

I appreciate the 100% guys. they keep it real. but as a fan ... it kinda feels like they're doing the bare minimum. I mean, you should at least give it 110%.

1000% has to be absolute maximum commitment. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more committed than that.

which brings us to Matt Reed. I believe his tweet just said "committed". no percentage at all. that should have been a huge red flag. should have raised questions.
I’m with you. Let’s keep these cliches within certain boundaries. LOL

Reactions: Spiderstew1962
Disclosure - not a political post ..

Does SF or anyone else know if Thomas Youngkin, now 6'4 senior at St. Chris has any D1 possibilities given that his Dad did play D1 at Rice. Previously played at Georgetown Prep. Averages low single digits in the early season for St. Chris. Cracked me up recently when my daughter who is in an Econ class with him said he is now going by Dunkin Youngkin.

On a side note - always wondered if a kid comes from a family who clearly doens't need the scholarship, can he decline the schlarship to free up for someone else - e.g. if Bronny plays cbball, how does that play out in terms of a scholarship.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT