ADVERTISEMENT

Rams of Rhody have Covid outbreak

Agree. This crap happened all the time in Connecticut high school basketball too when my daughter played. This was prior to covid too. If a team was missing a starter, they would have too many players sick to play. And in the age of texting and snap chat all the kids knew it was a bs move by the coach
Wow. What a terrible thing to teach high school kids. Instead of dealing with some adversity, you fake some illnesses and basically teach them how to cheat or lie?

Reactions: urfan1
Six injured and six available, but women’s squads are allowed 15 scholarships and I would be surprised if UConn isn’t using all of them. I guess three redshirts, and UConn can’t be required to make them play either?

Edit: Scratch that…just checked the roster and there are only 12 on there. What the heck?
It's such a terrible rule by the conference. Covid and what has come with it is one thing, but injuries? Come on. So, now UCONN is also being rewarded for not using all of their scholarships? And, I just noticed the rule is 7 athletic scholarship players. Geez, so you could have a couple walk ons that practice with you every day, and put you at 8 players instead of 6, and you still don't have to play the game? And, now, DePaul has to make up a game when they maybe could have used a few days then. Unreal.

Only coaching I've done is youth league; if you had 5 players you played. Had one game due to sudden snow storm had 5 plyers, started game, had one foul out had to finish 4 vs 5. Managed to pull out the win.

Only coaching I've done is youth league; if you had 5 players you played. Had one game due to sudden snow storm had 5 plyers, started game, had one foul out had to finish 4 vs 5. Managed to pull out the win.
It's all about the coaching ..

Reactions: KE Spider
The injuries makes no sense to me. If you have 5, you can play. And I bet you could even suit up some managers, or intramural players if you really needed to.

COVID - I get that. Whether you agree with it or not, we still live in a COVID world whereby we test and quarantine. So I get cancelling because of that. But injuries -thats just bad luck.

Lets just hope the mens and womens team Davidson don't spend a lot of time together.

Reactions: urfan1
The injuries makes no sense to me. If you have 5, you can play. And I bet you could even suit up some managers, or intramural players if you really needed to.

COVID - I get that. Whether you agree with it or not, we still live in a COVID world whereby we test and quarantine. So I get cancelling because of that. But injuries -thats just bad luck.

Lets just hope the mens and womens team Davidson don't spend a lot of time together.
Didn’t VCU women have covid? Now Davidson, are the Women getting it more this year?

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT