ADVERTISEMENT

Raid on DT

Generally speaking, the college educated are voting Democratic and the non-college-educated are voting Republican. Obviously that's not to suggest that 100% are doing that either way, but the majority. Trump touted that he had many more Black and Hispanic votes this last time, and I suspect they also leaned more to the non-college-educated side.

Have we reached the point where only "smart" folk vote Dem and only "dumb asses" vote Rep? (Don't respond Wood ;) ). Sad state of affairs. Neither has a monopoly on wisdom.

It's just what the data shows, at least as far as the majority of both groups of voters go. Unfortunately, Trump has hijacked the Republican party from its common-sense base, and for some odd reason, many of those formerly common-sense Republican electeds have just ceded whatever sanity they had to him, so the party is sort of a shell of what it was. Meanwhile, the Democrats should be having cakewalks but cannot find enough capable candidates to really take advantage of it.

With all due respect, the level of indoctrination at the University level is atrocious. Everything they are shoving down the throats of our children is being forced on college students. If you want a good grade, you have to regurgitate the filth they are teaching. For example, about two thirds of the psychology curriculum at UVA is race based. It takes the approach in insidious ways that whites are the root of evil. With all due respect, that is not the case.

Yes, that must be it – all college courses are evil. You have cracked the code. Better to drop out of high school and just make assumptions and opinions that are based on nothing.

When is the last time you were in a college classroom to draw your conclusions, anyway?

A lot of people are failing to understand that there is a difference between examining history and implicit bias, and suggesting that whites are the root of evil. I am a white male and know that I am not evil, but the fact of the matter is that simply by being a white male, I have had inherent advantages over many people of color in my life. Should I acknowledge that and see if there are ways I can use those advantages to help people of color, or should I just whine and bitch about how white people are being attacked?

Here is an example of something that I suspect would be categorized as "critical race theory" by the far right, but which of course is not: I own a small business. I typically have a couple summer interns each year. I usually can't afford to pay them anything. Only in recent years did I realize that more often than not, it is white students who are in a position to accept unpaid internships, while more often than not, students of color can't afford to work for free.

Having internships is a key part of developing experience in a field and eventually getting hired in that field. Employers are more likely to hire or recommend that others hire someone they have worked with in that capacity. So students of color who can't afford to take unpaid internships don't get the experience and exposure and then aren't hired to the jobs that their white counterparts often are. That's what inequity looks like in real life form.

I've had to examine how I approach internships since I realized all of this. I don't want to contribute to inequity, but I also don't want to stop having interns altogether, because it's a valuable learning experience for the ones I do have. A solution is getting community partners to help fund internship salaries for students. UR also has a great program through which every student can complete one unpaid internship and get paid by the university to do so.

These are examples of how we need to look at racial issues critically – not just blast everything like this as "critical race theory" that is unfairly targeting whites as evil.

Last edited:
Getting back on track- they should release the affidavit that supported the FBI raid on Trump's home.
I would love to see what's in the affidavit, but not at the risk of putting additional FBI agents and probably others lives in danger from some far right violent extremists in the Trump Cult, formerly known as the Republican party. Hopefully the judge, who has received death threats, will protect them at least in the short term, and deny the release.

Supreme Court Justices have received numerous death threats, not from the Right, but the Left. Let's be fair. Neither Party is stain free.

Reactions: Spiderwiz
Supreme Court Justices have received numerous death threats, not from the Right, but the Left. Let's be fair. Neither Party is stain free.
I didn't say they were. There are violent extremists on both sides, but I will say that the volume of threats certainly seems greater from the Republican side. Even Republicans who haven't voted the way Trump wants them to have received threats, I assume those threats were not from the left.

I didn't say they were. There are violent extremists on both sides, but I will say that the volume of threats certainly seems greater from the Republican side. Even Republicans who haven't voted the way Trump wants them to have received threats, I assume those threats were not from the left.
There should be no violence to protest anything. We live in a free society, if you are unhappy vote. If you don't like the results of an election, get to work. Before you take your anger out on someone else, look in the mirror. If you are unhappy with your station in life, get working on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT