ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Breakfast with Russ,Wednesday,July 31st,7:30 am

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Pre-Season Breakfast with Coach Huesman
The Spider Club and University of Richmond Alumni Association invite you to join fellow alumni and friends for the annual pre-season breakfast with Head Football Coach Russ Huesman.

Wednesday, July 31
7:30am

Jepson Alumni Center (#442 on the campus map)
442 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173

Complimentary

Please register by Wednesday, July 24

REGISTER ONLINE or call Alumni and Career Services at (804) 289-8030.

Kindly hosted by the Spiders at Owen & Owens: Partners Joe Owen, B'72, Mary Owens, L'86, and Sam Kaufman, '99, along with lawyers Erica Baez, L'10, Rachel DeGraba, L'17, Julie Cillo, Ross Allen, and Jeremiah Yourth.

Last edited:
enjoyed the fellowship at the breakfast and Coach Huesman's remarks...as you would expect he was upbeat about the upcoming season and stated he really likes his team...

he acknowledged that change was very necessary after last season...five new coaches...practice time...and weekly routine were specifically mentioned as changed

some of the things I can remember that I thought were notable:

might have as many as 10 OL who can contribute

despite losing the top seven WRs believes we may be better at WR this season than last

the QB who does not turn over the ball will get the job...has five QBs vying for the job...has not seen English throw live...has heard that freshman from Memphis has been throwing extremely well...UR baseball player in mix as well for special situations and special teams...

despite two surgeries Goodall looks as good as he ever has...

really likes DL spoke glowingly of Jackson, Ritten and others...our strongest position

has heard good things about kicker from Baltimore but has not seen him in workouts due to NCAA rules...

stated the players who give us the best chance to win regardless of class will be on the field...expect freshman to play if they give us the best chance to win...

I'm sure I missed some other interesting things, but my short term memory isn't the best...

Go Spiders!

That's an excellent recap. You hit all the major points - your memory is stronger than you think!

He struck me as more confident than last year. Even with our low pre-season expectations (external), he seemed pretty certain we'd be better without having a chip on his shoulder.

I was glad to hear him talk about tightening up our routines. The disorganization (relative to Rocco) was a common complaint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT