ADVERTISEMENT

Predictable

Spider2020

Star
Nov 25, 2017
For anyone who plans on being tuned in for the rest of the season: why? I can tell you right now how this season will end.

We finish 6th in the A10. We scrape by against some bottom feeder in the second round of the A10 tournament. We hear Mooney and our 6th years talk about “this is what we’ve been playing for all year, a win is a win, every game in college basketball is so hard.” We come out and get destroyed by at least 15 in the next round of the tournament. Hardt is quoted in an RTD article after the loss, giving his confidence in Mooney to turn things around, citing our practice facility, record breaking steals season, etc.

We miss on our transfer targets in the off season and it all starts again. Why would I or anyone else want to be engaged with this program that continues to throw money into a garbage fire of a program?

This year is different. I’m going to keep telling myself this. There is NOT ONE REASON TO KEEP MOONEY. THE MOST DIEHARD MOONEY TRUTHERS HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING TO HANG THEIR HAT ON. In years past there has been reasons for optimism

This was supposed to be the pinnacle of this group. We’ve unfortunately fallen flat.

I think even the most ardent Mooney supporters expect a step back/rebuild next year. I don’t know how we can trust Mooney to be the architect of that rebuild.

Thanks for the memories. We’ll always remember 2011. But it’s beyond time to say good bye coach.

For anyone who plans on being tuned in for the rest of the season: why? I can tell you right now how this season will end.

We finish 6th in the A10. We scrape by against some bottom feeder in the second round of the A10 tournament. We hear Mooney and our 6th years talk about “this is what we’ve been playing for all year, a win is a win, every game in college basketball is so hard.” We come out and get destroyed by at least 15 in the next round of the tournament. Hardt is quoted in an RTD article after the loss, giving his confidence in Mooney to turn things around, citing our practice facility, record breaking steals season, etc.

We miss on our transfer targets in the off season and it all starts again. Why would I or anyone else want to be engaged with this program that continues to throw money into a garbage fire of a program?
Agree. Unfortunately there are about 15 of us on this board who care. And 3 of those are truthers. Maybe 2 5 to 3.5. Doesn't matter. We will keep keeping on with Mooney. Or maybe he will leave and hardt will hire someone similar, but just a little better spoken with a hint of motivation, but not much different.

Looked good for most of 1st half seeing a predicted poor VCU offense. Unfortunately Spiders missed some easy shots that half.and instead of possible 10+ point lead late 8-0 run gets VCU tied. And quick start by them in 2nd half and up by 7. Before you know it OVER with plenty of time left!

Only 6 3PTers by them but the POP were a killer. And I should have remembered the predictable poor VCU offense was only surpassed by the predictable horrific Spider defense in the 2nd half.. My play of the game might have been the hard foul by Grace near the end of the game. Spiders died by the 3 tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT