ADVERTISEMENT

Predict our conference record

How many conference games will we win this year?

• 7 wins or less (dumpster fire territory, fire Mooney talk dominates the message board)

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 8-10 wins (around a .500 team like we've shown to be this year so far)

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • 11-12 wins (solid record, clearly toward the top of the conference)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • 13+ wins (surefire top tier A10 team)

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

gospidersgo

Team Manager
Dec 21, 2015
Now that we've seen the OOC schedule play out, curious to see how everyone thinks we will perform in the in-conference portion of our schedule (18 total games).

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Hoping 12-6, but Sec. 9 may have it at 11-7 unless the team magically finds the key to winning road games.

I think I had UR at 9 wins OOC, possibly even 10, so I fall into the optimistic bag bc I think the talent is there.

Keys to winning 12 games: Stop turning the ball over. Make 3s. Play passable defense (still way too many blow-bys and wide open 3s every game - just that bad teams can't make consistently and good teams do.)

EDIT: adding that more consistency needed on offense from Quinn, Nelson and Bigelow, and more shots for Roche in league play than he got OOC. Roche is now 4th leading scorer and playing only 19 mpg.

Last edited:
@ Mason L
Vs GW W
VS Duquesne W
@ Davidson L
@ Bona W
vs Rhody W
vs VCU W
@ Umass L
@ Dayton W
vs Bona W
Vs Fordham W
@ Gw W
Vs Loyola L
@ La Salle W
Vs SLU L
@ VCU L
@ St Joes W
Vs Mason W

12-6
A win at Dayton? The only game as of now that we will be a bigger than 2 point underdog.

These first 3 road games will be interesting.
We are 0-3 away, 1-2 neutral.
We are likely to be a 1 or 2 point underdog in all three.

Surprised location means so much that we will be favored over SLU but underdog to UMass.

I think 12-6 +/-1

But we will see if we learn to win on the road or don't drop any surprise games at home...

Reactions: 64Spider
Until we show we can win on the road, I'm going 9-9.
I think this weekends game is huge. A team we have had a mixed bag of results over the years but usually beat. Haven't won on the road all season, hopefully the lumps we took then will prepare us for A10 play. I think well be fine at home this season, probably around 7-2 or so. If we can get to 4/5 road wins, puts us in play for a top 4 seed.

Said 12-6 before season started and still feel the same. The conference does not seem as strong as I thought it would be and the Spiders are about where I thought they would be (needing a year to get up to full potential). Expect most games to be close but Spiders on the right side more of the time.

Said 12-6 before season started and still feel the same. The conference does not seem as strong as I thought it would be and the Spiders are about where I thought they would be (needing a year to get up to full potential). Expect most games to be close but Spiders on the right side more of the time.
14-4 We have an easy a10 schedule.

14-4 We have an easy a10 schedule.
Love your optimism - the game at GMU was one of my least favorite to attend last year - if we do what we are capable on the road and win by 10 in what will be a very empty and fairly ugly arena formerly know as the Patriot Center, I will up my earlier prediction today of 11-7 to 12-6.

I said 7 or less just to see what happens. We might win almost 10 in this conference. Does it really matter? We constantly lose games we’re suppose to win. It’s either we figure it out or just keep the same thing going. With Mooney I hope a total choke job

@ Mason L
Vs GW W
VS Duquesne W
@ Davidson L
@ Bona L
vs Rhody W
vs VCU L
@ Umass L
@ Dayton L
vs Bona W
Vs Fordham W
@ Gw L
Vs Loyola W
@ La Salle W
Vs SLU L
@ VCU L
@ St Joes W
Vs Mason W

9-9 - we struggle on the road this year and I don't think we beat VCU at all this year.

Reactions: whampas
I'm going 9-9. Everything about this team screams .500. We take care of bad teams, mainly hold home court, but I don't see us beating good teams or winning much on the road.
A lot of truth to this, but I think we can figure some things out and get to 12-6. I know we are 14 games in, and other teams will get better just like we should and will, but I think we have a little more upside to getting better than other teams. I do think we can find something a lot better and could very well be peaking come tourney time.

Love the positive thinking.

See a team with promise still working to stitch it together. Do that, we can easily go 12-6. Not, we are a ,500 team.

Not to put pressure on anyone, but feel Nelson is the key here.

Hear you. No quibbles. Just believe with consistent PG play, Quinn's effectiveness - scoring and RBs - fall into place. Out of sync on O too often, hoping experience quickly cures this. Talent is there.

Hear you. No quibbles. Just believe with consistent PG play, Quinn's effectiveness - scoring and RBs - fall into place. Out of sync on O too often, hoping experience quickly cures this. Talent is there.
I agree. But Nelson is playing the way I thought he would. Like a frosh with very little experience. He is up and down, looks great one play and not so great the next. I expected these ups and downs from a guy who basically has not played in a competitive game in 2 years.

But with Quinn - the expectations were higher, because he was an all-league performer and a skilled 7 footer. I thought there would be some adjustment to the competition, but his progress has been slower than I expected. On a good night he can barely give us more than 20 minutes. At Lafayette last year he played about 30 minutes, so we know he can go longer, but just has not been good enough to demand it yet.

I agree - Nelson is key. I just think he is playing how I thought he would, and I thought other guys would mask his frosh mistakes with their experience, and that has not happened.

Our team seems to be getting better with each game and I think we might have a much better A10 record than many on this board predicted. There is a good chance we will be the favorites in the next 4 games. Below is my updated optimist prediction. 14-4, although we will probably loss a couple we should win.

@ Mason L
Vs GW W
VS Duquesne W
@ Davidson W

@ Bona W
vs Rhody W
vs VCU W
@ Umass W
@ Dayton L
vs Bona W
Vs Fordham W
@ Gw W
Vs Loyola W
@ La Salle W
Vs SLU L
@ VCU L
@ St Joes W
Vs Mason W

Eat your own words!
I think there is a chance we might finish just above .500 - maybe 10-8 or 11-7 at best. But given the A10 is weak this year - I think there might be a lot of teams hovering around .500. Everyone except Loyola, St. Joes, UMASS, and looks like Fordham will be battling for middle position. Outside of Dayton, everything is up for grabs.

Reactions: bongturk
These predictions tend to have a heavy dose of recency bias. We are a pretty average team, I think we should expect about .500 record overall and in conference unless something dramatic clicks.

Should be a lot of people changing their vote. Mine will be correct.

I hated today. But every one needs to calm down. We will win 11.15 conference games.

We will see what that gets us...

Last edited:
Reactions: spiders13
We go 1-2 in our next 3, rattle off 5 wins in a row to get to 10-4, split the last 4 games, finish at 12-6 and 4th place in A-10. Not a scary schedule going forward - just take care of business against the bottom dwellers and split the toss up games and opportunity is there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT