ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Breakfast with Head Football Coach Russ Huesman 7/31 7:30am

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Richmond: Pre-Season Breakfast with Head Football Coach Russ Huesman
7:30 AM - 9:30 AM

The University of Richmond Alumni Association and Spider Club invite you to join fellow alumni and friends for a pre-season breakfast with Coach Huesman!

Tuesday, July 31
7:30 a.m.

Jepson Alumni Center (#49 on the campus map)University of Richmond, VA

Complimentary

Registration requested by Monday, July 16.

REGISTER ONLINE or phone the Office of Alumni and Career Services at (804) 289-8030.

I have a conflict and cannot make it this year -- hopefully we'll get a good summary from our posters.

Go Spiders!

i'm sorry I missed this morning. Can someone report on the Q&A? Any interesting comments on personnel or the schedule or anything else?

• Discussed and praised the new red shirt rule
  • Discussed the new kick off rule
  • All of the discussion regarding the players was positive
  • Stated that there should be no problem with the offensive line
  • Defense will be better because they understand the schemes
  • More running with Kevin Johnson as QB
  • Stated that UR has 5 excellent wide recievers
  • All four running backs have returned
  • Team had excellent summer work outs
I stopped by the Robins Center. The new facilities are fantastic..

Coach reported some impressive wt gains among the linemen. Yarbrough up to 295, Settepani up to 290, Ritten & Clyde up to 280, Williams has a chance to be a very good O Lineman but hasn't proved himself yet. He said the main reason we were not picked very high by media was because of the loss of Lauletta at QB but he is very high on Johnson because of his leadership
skills & ability; to move the team.

I want to touch more on this because as much as it sucks to lose Lauletta who was putting up star war numbers for us last season he was carrying the team. KJ wont have to do that if the rest of the team played like they did towards the end of the season. Add that KJ himself was actually a pretty damn good player I don't see a huge drop off for this team. Awfully tough schedule to start and could easily fall into the same trap as last year, but feel it is less likely with all the experience coming back. I feel that all those close losses last year could turn into wins this year. That being said I wont be surprised if we start slow out the gate with a 3-2. Would love to be wrong. Anything north of that record I feel could nicely set up for a special season.

At Coach Huesman's breakfast he talked pretty in-depth about the new kickoff fair catch rule, but I either missed it, or he did not mention, who would be doing the kickoffs for the Spiders...

does anyone know?

he did praise the returning Trau for his place kicking and also advised that a true freshman (Breckenridge, I think) would be punting...

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT