Votes: 7 87.5%
  • It developed naturally.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
I only made this poll 2 choices- it either came from a lab, with significant human assistance, or it developed through natural selection. What is your best guess? Truthfully, we will never really know. This is an interesting question that each has an opinion about.

I think it came from a lab in Wuhan and its development resulted from Gain of Function research. I also think it was released accidentally, and the Chinese Communist Party has covered it up.

How about Who gives a crap.Sounds like more Q bullshit.

Texas and FL and most southern states are fanning the fire of Covid and future variants.

Lucky polio and most smallpox have been eradicated In a pre social media,pre FOX news world.

Last edited:
How about Who gives a crap.Sounds like more Q bullshit.

Texas and FL and most southern states are fanning the fire of Covid and future variants.

Lucky polio and most smallpox have been eradicated In a pre social media,pre FOX news world.
Just admit it, you think COVID is Mooney`s fault. Fire Mooney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
One good thing about Covid, we learned that our dependency on Chinese manufacturing is
way too much. The product may say made in USA but key components come from China. Heck
if the US and China went to war, China would just have to not ship our medicines, and no need for bullets.

There is no doubt that the the CCP is covering up the origin of the virus. Why else would they order the destruction of its virus samples.

There is no doubt that the the CCP is covering up the origin of the virus. Why else would they order the destruction of its virus samples.

废话少说 你听起来像福克斯新闻里的乡巴佬

Today's WSJ has an article about this very subject:
There is no link between the virus' natural development and human infection:
"The wet-market story was pushed by the Chinese CDC and the World Health Organization. Public-health leaders argued that Covid-19 was like SARS and MERS, earlier coronaviruses that emerged from bats and spread through an intermediate animal....What virus comes out of a bat cave and infects humans by the millions? It’s not biologically plausible. If instead it evolved slowly over many years in nature, how come no one knew of it?"
In fact, "no new information has emerged in the past 18 months to support the natural-origin theory."
Probably a lab...
"One of the lab theories hypothesizes that SARS-CoV-2 was manipulated or “taught” to infect humans. Imagine several viruses being run through humanized mice (grafted with human tissue and immune cells) to test their ability to infect human tissue. Notably, SARS-CoV-2 includes a kind of cleavage site that allows its spike protein to change its orientation and dock more easily with a human cell."

Today's WSJ has an article about this very subject:
There is no link between the virus' natural development and human infection:
"The wet-market story was pushed by the Chinese CDC and the World Health Organization. Public-health leaders argued that Covid-19 was like SARS and MERS, earlier coronaviruses that emerged from bats and spread through an intermediate animal....What virus comes out of a bat cave and infects humans by the millions? It’s not biologically plausible. If instead it evolved slowly over many years in nature, how come no one knew of it?"
In fact, "no new information has emerged in the past 18 months to support the natural-origin theory."
Probably a lab...
"One of the lab theories hypothesizes that SARS-CoV-2 was manipulated or “taught” to infect humans. Imagine several viruses being run through humanized mice (grafted with human tissue and immune cells) to test their ability to infect human tissue. Notably, SARS-CoV-2 includes a kind of cleavage site that allows its spike protein to change its orientation and dock more easily with a human cell."
Murdoch owns the Wall Street Journal.

废话少说 你听起来像福克斯新闻里的乡巴佬

I read the Financial Times of London for real news.

Whatever the cause, it's largely irrelevant at this point. The thing is here and we have to deal with it. Even if China intentionally manufactured and released it, what are we going to do? Regardless, it has killed a ton of Chinese, too. I doubt the Chinese government wanted that.

So why can’t we as Americans rally around a concept that this is a virus that we want to beat because it would mean beating the Chinese? Take some patriotic pride in wearing your mask and getting your vaccine and show those communists that they can’t harm us any more! If that’s what it takes…let’s do it!

Maybe not, but what's their endgame if that's the case? Indiscriminately killing a million of their own people? What does that accomplish?

Maybe not, but what's their endgame if that's the case? Indiscriminately killing a million of their own people? What does that accomplish?
China's end game is to save face and to avoid responsibility for their failure. If China did develop this in the lab, it would destabilize the Xi government.

Whatever the cause, it's largely irrelevant at this point. The thing is here and we have to deal with it. Even if China intentionally manufactured and released it, what are we going to do? Regardless, it has killed a ton of Chinese, too. I doubt the Chinese government wanted that.
If we knew it started in a lab, it would guide our response to handle this and future pandemics. If it started in a lab and the Chinese turbocharged COVID's ability to mutate, it would heavily influence our scientific response, our vaccine efforts and our policy choices.

If we knew it started in a lab, it would guide our response to handle this and future pandemics. If it started in a lab and the Chinese turbocharged COVID's ability to mutate, it would heavily influence our scientific response, our vaccine efforts and our policy choices.
你的言论充满了FOX的胡说八道。你显然是FOX的工具。

China's end game is to save face and to avoid responsibility for their failure. If China did develop this in the lab, it would destabilize the Xi government.
I'm not asking what its endgame would be after the fact – I'm asking if you truly believe China intentionally developed and released this virus, what was it hoping to achieve by doing so? Why would it want to randomly kill hundreds of thousands or millions of its own people?

Reactions: Zeeter
Ok. So let's assume it started in a lab. How would we change our response? What would we have done differently? The world designed and produced – in less than a year – half a dozen or more vaccines to prevent serious outcomes from the virus. Are you suggesting we would have been able to do so even faster? If we knew that China "supercharged" the virus (not a thing, but ok), what would we have done at that point? The drug companies already are designing updates to the vaccine that address the new variants.

What policy choices would we make regarding China? Do you think we can just end all trade with China? Good luck with that.

That is not a very well thought out response. Did you even go to the University of Richmond?
My test scores were too high.I was therefore denied admittance.How bout you?

Anyone unvaccinated but who seeks admittance to a hospital because of Covid should be unequivocally denied any form of treatment and left outside curbside to rot In the summer heat.
That’s my response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallipoli
My test scores were too high.I was therefore denied admittance.How bout you?

Anyone unvaccinated but who seeks admittance to a hospital because of Covid should be unequivocally denied any form of treatment and left outside curbside to rot In the summer heat.
That’s my response.
So children, especially those under the age of 12, can rot in the summer heat?
Females, trying to get pregnant, that have received mixed guidance from doctors and changing guidance from CDC (which has lost a lot of credibility), can rot in the summer heat? Despite the fact that it is virtually impossible for there to be sufficient evidence that the vaccine is safe, or harmful for that matter, while pursuing pregnancy or during pregnancy---especially long term. Respecting the decisions of individuals, particularly in these segments of our population seems more appropriate to me than leaving them on the curbside to rot in the summer heat---Quite frankly, that opinion is disgusting to me. But I will give you a pass, and chalk that statement up to having consumed way too much Covid Kool-aide and being drunk.

I have difficulty understanding the fear that the vaccines somehow *could* create some type of random long-term effect in people who seem not to fear the known long-term effects that COVID itself produces. This type of vaccine does not produce long-term effects, just as the flu vaccine does not produce long-term effects, just like most other vaccines do not produce long-term effects. They may produce short-term effects, but that's it.

Fearing long-term effects from getting vaccinated is like being afraid to drive to work because an asteroid might hit your car and kill you.

COVID is known to cause irreversible lung damage in some of those infected, including people who didn't even have symptoms. If you want to be afraid of something, be afraid of that, not the vaccines.

Last edited:
So children, especially those under the age of 12, can rot in the summer heat?
Females, trying to get pregnant, that have received mixed guidance from doctors and changing guidance from CDC (which has lost a lot of credibility), can rot in the summer heat? Despite the fact that it is virtually impossible for there to be sufficient evidence that the vaccine is safe, or harmful for that matter, while pursuing pregnancy or during pregnancy---especially long term. Respecting the decisions of individuals, particularly in these segments of our population seems more appropriate to me than leaving them on the curbside to rot in the summer heat---Quite frankly, that opinion is disgusting to me. But I will give you a pass, and chalk that statement up to having consumed way too much Covid Kool-aide and being drunk.
Ok kids under 12 get a pass.

For anyone over 12 who is unvaccinated for any reason,curbside they go.I could care less whether they are hillbillie,redneck,trumper or whomever.Curbside they go.No more extending the virus and sucking up resources.

I'm not asking what its endgame would be after the fact – I'm asking if you truly believe China intentionally developed and released this virus, what was it hoping to achieve by doing so? Why would it want to randomly kill hundreds of thousands or millions of its own people?
Most believe the release of the virus was unintentional. How much time and energy and cost was spent trying to identify the original source of the virus? What is the link between the natural occurrence of the virus in bats and its transmission to humans. If through natural selection, the virus jumped to humans then the world needs to know and develop solutions.
If the virus developed through turbo charging mice in a lab by China, the world needs to know and must make certain this never happens again. If the virus began in a lab, the stability of the CCP would be in question, because everything in China is tightly controlled by President Xi. Any government that endangers the lives of its people and kills millions worldwide, by recklessly playing with fire, should fall. The future of the CCP in China is at stake.

Most believe the release of the virus was unintentional. How much time and energy and cost was spent trying to identify the original source of the virus? What is the link between the natural occurrence of the virus in bats and its transmission to humans. If through natural selection, the virus jumped to humans then the world needs to know and develop solutions.
If the virus developed through turbo charging mice in a lab by China, the world needs to know and must make certain this never happens again. If the virus began in a lab, the stability of the CCP would be in question, because everything in China is tightly controlled by President Xi. Any government that endangers the lives of its people and kills millions worldwide, by recklessly playing with fire, should fall. The future of the CCP in China is at stake.
So we determine that China intentionally or unintentionally released this manmade virus into the atmosphere and also turbo-charged it. Now what? Are you proposing WW3 against China?

So we determine that China intentionally or unintentionally released this manmade virus into the atmosphere and also turbo-charged it. Now what? Are you proposing WW3 against China?
Americans are continuing to die at the hands of China. The following are reasonable responses.
1. Allow US citizens to sue China at the state level.
2. Remove China from the WTO.
3. Eliminate MFN status for China.
4. Shut China out of US capital markets.
5. Tax all goods coming from China to cover costs for COVID.
6. Develop a containment strategy based on the Quad- India, Japan, Australia and the US.

The costs of COVID to this country alone are extraordinary.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeter
Americans are continuing to die at the hands of China. The following are reasonable responses.
1. Allow US citizens to sue China at the state level.
2. Remove China from the WTO.
3. Eliminate MFN status for China.
4. Shut China out of US capital markets.
5. Tax all goods coming from China to cover costs for COVID.
6. Develop a containment strategy based on the Quad- India, Japan, Australia and the US.

The costs of COVID to this country alone are extraordinary.
Good luck with 1-7.Blowing in the wind with nothingness.Completely and utterly devoid of any reality.

It's hard to wish ill fortune on someone. But I could make an exception for people like that. Good lord.

So far, Spidernation believes China contributed to the leathility of the virus. The blame for this falls entirely at the feet of China.

Well, if that's not an official conclusion, I don't know what is. So what's next, Spidernation declares war on China?

Interestingly, [WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus] lost patience with China: When a WHO scientist on a coronavirus origins probe announced in February that the idea that the virus leaked from a lab was “extremely unlikely” and unworthy of further investigation, senior WHO staff in Geneva were shocked. “We fell off our chairs,” one member told the authors.

"The team in Wuhan appeared to have given in to Chinese pressure to dismiss the idea without a real investigation. Later, when the WHO-China team released a report that again dismissed that scenario, Tedros pushed back, saying that the research was not “extensive enough” and that there had not been “timely and comprehensive data-sharing."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT