ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker

Returning to the Towson discussion, they just lost to Delaware in the CAA semis and will take up an NIT spot.

FYI, for those who may not know, Bellarmine was a very good D-2 basketball school when I was growing up in Louisville. Top notch program for many years.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Wow, all three of my kids teams in the dance. At least have that rooting interest. Again, again, hate to point it out, but I asked why we did not recruit Andrew Carr?? Yes , thin. But skilled and athletic at 6'9. Played a great game, scored, played defense, rebounded, scrapped for loose balls. No offer from Mooney, from West Chester outside Philly.

Wow, all three of my kids teams in the dance. At least have that rooting interest. Again, again, hate to point it out, but I asked why we did not recruit Andrew Carr?? Yes , thin. But skilled and athletic at 6'9. Played a great game, scored, played defense, rebounded, scrapped for loose balls. No offer from Mooney, from West Chester outside Philly.
he rebounds too much, not a good fit

He played great in the CAA tourney!

Mission accomplished at UD!

Send him our way next season to play with our new coach. That will be return compensation for Rocco :)
In this world, anything is possible! We have lost a number of good players to "higher level programs". If we can keep Ingelsby , Davis, Carr and Nelson, Jr., I''d like another game with you guys. We'll travel. You provide the check. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: spider23
I'd love to hear a rational expanation for why they're ineligible for any postseason tournament when moving up from D2.

Because not all rules and regulations are the same between divisions, the NCAA says they need the four years to get in alignment with the D-I rules.

But it's dumb...the differences are fairly minimal, and schools moving up are generally overall disadvantaged until they get up to speed (budgets, recruiting, etc.), so really...if they can get a bid, more power to them.

Reactions: spiderman
Bellarmine can't play in the NIT either...

That is such BS and this shows the NCAA is just getting in the way of itself. They have the power and time to still make this right and be seen as a good guy. I bet any coach you ask out there - you have a problem if we let Bellarmine take the bid since they did win the conference, and we change the rule to get rid of this waiting period - no coach out there would say - NO - don't let them in. Bellarmine has been in the news because of this - wouldn't it be great if on selection sunday they just unveil Bellarmine as a 16 seed and come out of the meeting and say - rule changed - Bellarmine is in.

In the past you would let kids transfer schools and get waivers all the time because their 5th cousin was sick and lived 200 miles near their new school - could I play right away so my 5th cousin can watch. NCAA would accept those waivers, but won't accept a school that jumped up in levels and did such a good job they won their conference in year 2!!! Good for them - they should be rewarded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT