ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker

Not sure what thread would be best but Hampton, Monmouth, and Stony Brook announced to be joining the CAA

Yeah, I added it to the ongoing thread in the football forum.

The Bonnies suck. But actually their lack of any bench is showing itself. No clue how they could win three games in three days playing only five guys.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
The other day Mooney referred to our OOC schedule as being “great.” Here is how those teams are doing in conference play.

NC Central is 1-7 and next to last in the MEAC.

Utah State is 6-7 and seventh in the MWC.

Maryland is 3-11 and next to last in the Big 10.

NC State is 3-12 and last in the ACC.

Drake is 8-5 and fifth in the MVC.

Mississippi State is 5-6 and eighth in the SEC.

Bucknell is 3-11 and next to last in the Patriot.

Wofford is 7-7 and fifth in the SoCon.

Georgia State is 5-5 and sixth in the Sun Belt.

ODU is 4-7 and 10th in CUSA.

Hofstra is 9-4 and third in the CAA.

Toledo is 12-2 and second in the MAC.

UNI is 10-3 and in first place in the MVC.

Those later three are the only teams that we played that are really doing much of anything in conference play, but only Toledo at 70 has aNET ranking better than 100.

Taken collectively, you would have to have a warped sense of reality and truthfulness to describe this schedule as “great.”

He is free to say whatever he wants, but I am going to continue calling out his bullsh!t when I see it. Accountability is an actual thing.

The other day Mooney referred to our OOC schedule as being “great.” Here is how those teams are doing in conference play.

Those later three are the only teams that we played that are really doing much of anything in conference play, but only Toledo at 70 has aNET ranking better than 100.

Taken collectively, you would have to have a warped sense of reality and truthfulness to describe this schedule as “great.”

He is free to say whatever he wants, but I am going to continue calling out his bullsh!t when I see it. Accountability is an actual thing.
According to Kenpom our OOC was 91st toughest in the country. I think like 10 of our fellow A10 teams were ranked 200+ in OOC difficulty, so compared to the rest of the A10 we had a pretty tough OOC. I think only VCU and one other team had a tougher schedule.

For a team with at-large aspirations, I actually think it was a decent slate. We just didn’t win any games against good teams, and some our opponents ended up being worse than their preseason predictions.

According to the one that really counts, the NET, our OOC SOS is 163.

VCU is 67, SLU 79, Bona 91, Dayton 129. Only Davidson at 233 is behind us among the top group, and they overcame it by having a gaudy record.
You could add GMU at 224.

Of the bottom 7 the only surprise is SJU 167, URI 324

According to the one that really counts, the NET, our OOC SOS is 163.

VCU is 67, SLU 79, Bona 91, Dayton 129. Only Davidson at 233 is behind us among the top group, and they overcame it by having a gaudy record.

yes sos & ooc sos can vary quite a bit by source but best to use that. I mentioned that Mooney continually calling the schedule great is not supported by the data. But he gets away w it because JOC or other media don’t call him out for anything.

https://bracketologists.com/team/richmond-spiders

yes sos & ooc sos can vary quite a bit by source but best to use that. I mentioned that Mooney continually calling the schedule great is not supported by the data. But he gets away w it because JOC or other media don’t call him out for anything.

https://bracketologists.com/team/richmond-spiders
Let Mooney embellish and bloviate. If it makes him and a few others feel good, let them have that.

I liked the look of Toledo when I saw them play us this year and have had a lot of success betting on them this year. If you want some good advice bet on Toledo.

Toledo is a good squad. We were fortunate to do something I have never seen in college basketball ever and make up a 19-point deficit in like 5 and a half minutes, because we got unconscious from three. Without that, we probably end up losing by 10-15 points.

Toledo is a good squad. We were fortunate to do something I have never seen in college basketball ever and make up a 19-point deficit in like 5 and a half minutes, because we got unconscious from three. Without that, we probably end up losing by 10-15 points.

Without that insane comeback we miss out on our best win of the season so far.

According to Kenpom our OOC was 91st toughest in the country. I think like 10 of our fellow A10 teams were ranked 200+ in OOC difficulty, so compared to the rest of the A10 we had a pretty tough OOC. I think only VCU and one other team had a tougher schedule.

For a team with at-large aspirations, I actually think it was a decent slate. We just didn’t win any games against good teams, and some our opponents ended up being worse than their preseason predictions.
All of our big game opponents failed to live up to expectations. Maryland fired their coach a few weeks after they beat us, NC State is last in the ACC, Drake and UNI are both mid level teams in the Missouri Valley, Utah State is sub. 500 in the Mountain West, Mississippi State is sub .500 in the SEC.

Toledo is probably the only team on this vaunted OOC schedule that has put itself in position for an NCAA bid, and they play in a one bid league and will probably have to win their conference tournament.

So, all of those games, we choked away in the OOC, weren't even to team that are going to play in the NCAA tournament. We ended up losing to a bunch of NIT or teams that aren't even going to be playing postseason ball, that is how far this team is away from being good, we couldn't even beat a bunch of teams, who aren't very good at all.

Another good game between St Louis and St Bona just ended. Bonnies get back-to-back wins with 83-79 decision at home. Watched both games and Bills lost the same way with too many TOs. Had 18 Friday and 17 today which lead to 22-1 POT ad for Bonnies. St Bona looked sharper on D both games. Bills hit some highly contested 3s today.

Bonnies almost blew 16 point HT lead. They got plenty of easy buckets accounting for 58 of 83 points. Against a solid defense to boot. Wow. Spiders need their A+ defensive game to get an upset win if last 2 games any indication of rejuvenated St Bona offense. Not going off the limb in expecting a L at the Reilly Center.

And we're now in sixth place. Considering we have the sixth-ranked offense and sixth defense (somehow) in the league, I guess we're right where we belong
I think we have held our opponents to below their average offensive efficiency in 8 of 9 games (89%) since Goose entered the starting lineup. I think we did the same in only 11 of 17 (65%) before that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT