South Florida 75, St. Joe's 62
UCSD 75, GW 70
ECU 86, Toledo 75
Grand Canyon 69, UNI 67
San Francisco 67, Wichita St. 63
Pitt 83, Fairleigh Dickinson 61
Towson 83, Coppin 67
Go cuse

Cuse just likes playing free basketball in Brooklyn I guess.

A day after torching us, Girard has 4 points...sheesh.

Opponent Tracker 11/23/2022:

Toledo vs Northern Kentucky - 11:00
Illinois State vs Rhode Island - 11:00
Radford vs William & Mary - 2:00
Dayton vs Wisconsin - 2:30 ESPN2
Kent State vs Charleston - 6:00
Alabama State vs Duquesne - 7:00 ESPN+
Paul Quinn vs Saint Louis - 8:00 ESPN+

I wonder how SLU will do against Neal’s dad?

And Dayton keeps showing up as a home game in the Bahamas…

A player having the "game of his life" against us, then reverting back to mediocrity?? What? I've never heard of this before.
Actually, he is generally a pretty good player. But 2 point %?
In 4 games not against UR 5 of 22, against UR 8 of 13…

Actually, he is generally a pretty good player. But 2 point %?
In 4 games not against UR 5 of 22, against UR 8 of 13…
Girard shooting 5 for 22 is an aberration.....he holds the career HS scoring record in New York state.

• Wow
Reactions: plydogg
Girard shooting 5 for 22 is an aberration.....he holds the career HS scoring record in New York state.
Dammit! Kenny Wood is down to 6th…

I was just disputing EL’s claim of mediocrity. Although I think our game was his career high.
Maybe teams have had a better opportunity to focus on him this year? Resulting in 5 of 22…

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
Opponent Tracker 11/25/2022:

San Francisco vs Davidson - 2:00 ESPN+
Loyola Chicago vs Harvard - 2:00 ESPN+
BYU vs Dayton - 3:30 ESPNU
Coppin State vs #23 Maryland - 4:00
St. Bonaventure vs Notre Dame - 4:00 ESPN+
#25 Iowa vs Clemson - 7:00 CBSSN
William & Mary vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 ESPN+/ACCNX

Opponent Tracker 11/25/2022:

San Francisco vs Davidson - 2:00 ESPN+
Loyola Chicago vs Harvard - 2:00 ESPN+
BYU vs Dayton - 3:30 ESPNU
Coppin State vs #23 Maryland - 4:00
St. Bonaventure vs Notre Dame - 4:00 ESPN+
#25 Iowa vs Clemson - 7:00 CBSSN
William & Mary vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 ESPN+/ACCNX
Really need our A10 comrades to have a good weekend … collective out of conference rough so far

Reactions: plydogg
Dayton loses all three games at Battle 4 Atlantis
Minnesota 43-42
N C State 76-64
BYU 79-75 OT Dayton had 23 point lead at one time, lost both starting guards to injury in second half, hope they are ok.

big bad preseason-ranked Dayton that was supposed to demolish everything in sight en route to a Final Four has come back to Earth.
They had to carry the point guard to the locker room after he stepped on BYU player's foot driving to basket. The number 2 guard was able to put a little weight on his leg after twisting knee, none contact injury. Hope they are both ok, but suspect one or both could miss some time, again hope I am wrong.

Smith seems to be injury-prone at this point. Three injuries in a little more than a year. Sucks for them. Hope he's back soon.

Davidson 89, San Francisco 80 - Lil' McKillop and Loyer hand the Dons their first loss
Bona 63, Notre Dame 51 - Schmidt does more with less, hands the Irish their first loss

Harvard 61, Loyola 55
BYU 79, Dayton 75 (OT)
Maryland 95, Coppin 79
Iowa 74, Clemson 71
Pitt 80, W&M 64

Syracuse falls to Bryant after Mintz and Edert were ejected over a slap fight, with two other Bryant players and a bunch of Syracuse coaches also ejected.

Bryant also had two other key players foul out, and somehow they still got a bucket in the final second to win it.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Syracuse falls to Bryant after Mintz and Edert were ejected over a slap fight, with two other Bryant players and a bunch of Syracuse coaches also ejected.

Bryant also had two other key players foul out, and somehow they still got a bucket in the final second to win it.
Wow - ugly

Reactions: urfan1
Perfect 4–0 day for the A-10 today as VCU survives Kennesaw, which had the ball for the final possession down one but couldn't convert. Overall a solid day for our OOC opponents too.

La Salle 65, Binghamton 62
GW 75, UNH 54
Mason 72, Queens 65
VCU 64, Kennesaw 61
VMI 108, Regent 58
UNI 83, Northern Illinois 76
Wichita 83, Tarleton 71
Clemson 67, Cal 59
Drake 76, Louisiana 64

Marist 60, Bucknell 54 (OT)
Bryant 73, Syracuse 72

Reactions: urfan1 and plydogg

Bryant had a brawl or something after their hom NIT game last season. I saw Mintz turn and scream at our bench after a few buckets in Brooklyn. So I guess this does not surprise me.

Great, so Colgate and Bryant can beat Syracuse, but we can't. That's already a stain on our resume and it's not even December yet.

Congrats to VCU for staving off mighty Kennesaw State, which I'm sure is about to be ranked in the top 25. This game was their Super Bowl, right?

Bryant had a brawl or something after their hom NIT game last season. I saw Mintz turn and scream at our bench after a few buckets in Brooklyn. So I guess this does not surprise me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryant–Wagner_brawl

Reactions: urfan1
going back to Boeheim and the Cuse slap fight with Bryant, the Cuse guy slapped first, for what appeared to be standard type of play, so I'm not sure what the apology was supposed to be for. I watched the video and those 2 getting ejected plus bench guys coming on the court and whatever coaches, seems right. Grasso may be a POS but asking for a real apology when one of your own players goes face first is dreamland.

Is Bryan Gregory still coaching? Maybe Rhody can hire him next. No love for them ever since Hurley showed up there.

Loyola is fitting in the A10 perfectly. It's almost like they know the drill already.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Not a lot of action for our opponents with the A-10 unfortunately going 1–2.

Fordham 68, Harvard 60 - Fordham is 6–1!
Temple 73, Drexel 61

Auburn 65, SLU 60
BC 53, URI 49
Saint Peter's 77, FDU 63

Still some time to build résumés, but a lot of the quality MTE chances have already passed.

Gonna be another week or two until we get the first NET ranking, and while I know RPI and NET are sometimes vastly different, RPI can be a general guide in the absence of NET and things are definitely not looking great.

A-10 is currently the 11th rated conference by RPI, and avert your eyes if you might be sensitive about where our Spiders rank.

16. Davidson
28. SLU
59. UMass
78. Fordham
112. VCU
143. Mason
161. Bona
173. La Salle
175. Duquesne
186. Dayton
213. Richmond
237. GW
244. Loyola
265. URI
288. St. Joe's

Side note: Charleston is at #2.

Still some time to build résumés, but a lot of the quality MTE chances have already passed.

Gonna be another week or two until we get the first NET ranking, and while I know RPI and NET are sometimes vastly different, RPI can be a general guide in the absence of NET and things are definitely not looking great.

A-10 is currently the 11th rated conference by RPI, and avert your eyes if you might be sensitive about where our Spiders rank.

16. Davidson
28. SLU
59. UMass
78. Fordham
112. VCU
143. Mason
161. Bona
173. La Salle
175. Duquesne
186. Dayton
213. Richmond
237. GW
244. Loyola
265. URI
288. St. Joe's

Side note: Charleston is at #2.

RPI sucks. A lot. there is a reason they don't use it anymore. Should use Kenpom (81st), Sagarin (75th) or BPI (58th) if you want to get something closer to what the eventual NET rankings will be.

Reactions: VT4700
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT