ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker 2022-2023

Colorado - UMass game should be interesting. Colorado just handily beat a highly ranked Tennessee team.

VCU gets an easy one, Pitt is just awful under Capel. And looks even worse than usual this season. VCU has some guys out I believe.
I'm sure the excuse o-meter down at Broad Street is operating on overdrive. They will all put an asterisk next to this L, because Baldwin was hurt. Still goes down as a L though, no matter how much they protest.

Roche singlehandedly beat Pitt in his first college game.
Well, I think Hayden Brown may have helped. ;)

However I am expected Roche to make 8 threes against any and all ACC level opponents...

To recap...

UMass 66, Colorado 63
St. Joe's 99, Albany 79
VCU 71, Pitt 67
Coppin 90, Tenn Tech 85
St. John's 70, Nebraska 50

Charleston 89, Davidson 66

Tulsa Some Number of Points, Loyola A Lot Fewer Points (time still winding down, but it's over)

Reactions: plydogg
Opponent Tracker 11/18/2022:

Buffalo vs Drake - 1:00 ESPN3
La Salle vs Wake Forest - 2:00 CBSSN
UMass vs Murray State - 2:30
Colorado State vs Charleston - 5:00 ESPN2
Temple* vs Rutgers - 5:00 ESPNU
VMI vs Longwood - 5:00 ESPN+
Colgate vs Duquesne - 6:00
Maryland-Eastern Shore vs George Washington - 7:00 ESPN+
Bucknell vs Georgia - 7:00 SECN
Bellarmine vs Clemson - 7:00 ESPN+/ACCNX
South Carolina vs Davidson - 7:00 ESPNN
Boston College vs George Mason - 8:00 ESPN3
Boise State vs Loyola-Chicago - 9:30

CoC looking very good again against Colorado State. Makes last night feel even worse since pretty sure the CoC game will be a Q2 loss at the end.

CoC looking very good again against Colorado State. Makes last night feel even worse since pretty sure the CoC game will be a Q2 loss at the end.
The CofC game might end up as a Q1 loss if they keep winning. I think it is already a Q2 loss, for away games they only have to be in the top 135 to count as quad 2. If they ge into the top 75 it is quad 1.

How did CofC manage to schedule OOC home games against us, Davidson, Colorado St. and Virginia Tech!

I already have charleston in the sweet 16 in my bracket. That’s a damn good team they’ve got

Reactions: fan2011
VMI lost to Longwood 90-58
Drake def. Buffalo 80-72
La Salle lost to Wake Forest 75-63
UMass def. Murray State 71-69
Charleston def. Colorado State 74-64
Temple* def. Rutgers 72-66
Duquesne def. Colgate 85-80
George Washington def. UMES 69-64
Georgia def. Bucknell 65-61
Clemson def. Bellarmine 76-66
Davidson def. South Carolina 69-60
George Mason lost to Boston College 71-56
Loyola-Chicago lost to Boise State 70-48

Opponent Tracker 11/19/2022:

Robert Morris vs #21 Dayton - 1:00 ESPN+
Saint Louis vs Maryland - 1:00 ESPNN
Bowling Green vs St. Bonaventure - 2:00 ESPN+
Belmont vs George Mason - 3:15
Army vs William & Mary - 4:00
UIC vs Fordham - 5:00 ESPN+
Northeastern vs Syracuse - 5:00 ACCN
Coppin State vs Marshall - 7:00 ESPN+
VMI vs SIUE - 7:00 ESPN+

How did CofC manage to schedule OOC home games against us, Davidson, Colorado St. and Virginia Tech!
Davidson, Colorado St., and VT games are all part of the Charleston Classic...very popular MTE run by ESPN, so they get decent names. You're only allowed to participate in a given MTE once every four years, and this just happens to be one of the years CofC is participating as they hadn't been in it since 2016. Even though they're usually a step down from most of the other teams in the event (not this year though!), the local draw is obviously appealing for the organizers.

And of course, our game is the back end of the home-and-home we signed with them a few years ago that got interrupted by COVID.

Charleston itself is obviously a popular destination, and with the Cougars getting to play in their local MTE this year, they've got a pretty sweet OOC schedule with 9 games in their home arena, a crosstown visit to The Citadel, short trips to Coastal and Presbyterian, and at UNC. So that UNC game was their only trip out of state until New Year's Eve.

They actually had UNC in Charleston last year, as this year's game concludes a 2-for-1 deal.

Opponent Tracker 11/20/2022:

La Salle vs Georgetown - 12:00
UMass vs Charlotte - 1:00 ESPN2
Old Dominion vs Davidson - 1:00 ESPNN
Virginia Tech vs Charleston - 3:30 ESPN2
Fairleigh Dickinson vs VMI - 3:30 ESPN+
Providence vs Saint Louis - 3:30 ESPNU
#24 Texas A&M vs Loyola Chicago - 4:30 ESPN+
VCU vs Memphis - 5:00 ESPN+
Drake vs Wyoming - 5:45 ESPN3

I bet every A-10 team that was still undefeated this morning will beat us in conference play.

And what is the over/under for A-10 losses Today(Sunday) & Monday?

The Lambs poured in a solid 16 points in the first half, but somehow still got boat-raced by 15 (62-47) by a mediocre Memphis team. No Baldwin for a long time, and they're looking like a mediocre offense whose one piece of offense just got derailed. And Rhodes is moving closer to becoming their Mooney.

UMass 60, Charlotte 54 - Nice Myrtle Beach MTE championship
Davidson 66, ODU 61 - Good Charleston Classic bounceback to win 2 after losing to CofC
SLU 76, Providence 73 - Thanks for the revenge, A-10 brother
Charleston 77, VT 75 - Great win to take the Charleston Classic title
Drake 61, Wyoming 56 - Will face Tarleton (yes, they beat Belmont & BC) for Paradise Jam title

Fairleigh Dickinson 93, VMI 89 - Battle of cupcake opponents

Texas A&M 67, Loyola 51 - Bryce Golden w/ 0 points, 1 board, and a turnover in 11 minutes
Georgetown 69, La Salle 62 - Hoyas still bad, but Explorers worse
Memphis 62, VCU 47 - LOL

Loyola stinks. VCU stinks. Davidson stinks. We'd be in the top-3 so far in this league if we could have done about two or three things differently in those two losses. Frustrating. Go win this tournament and I'll consider it a wash.

UMass 60, Charlotte 54 - Nice Myrtle Beach MTE championship
Davidson 66, ODU 61 - Good Charleston Classic bounceback to win 2 after losing to CofC
SLU 76, Providence 73 - Thanks for the revenge, A-10 brother
Charleston 77, VT 75 - Great win to take the Charleston Classic title
Drake 61, Wyoming 56 - Will face Tarleton (yes, they beat Belmont & BC) for Paradise Jam title

Fairleigh Dickinson 93, VMI 89 - Battle of cupcake opponents

Texas A&M 67, Loyola 51 - Bryce Golden w/ 0 points, 1 board, and a turnover in 11 minutes
Georgetown 69, La Salle 62 - Hoyas still bad, but Explorers worse
Memphis 62, VCU 47 - LOL
I didn't see the VCU score till later in the evening but judging from the quietness on social media, I assumed VCU got their ass*s handed to them.

I didn't see the VCU score till later in the evening but judging from the quietness on social media, I assumed VCU got their ass*s handed to them.
I watched a lot of it. they didn't look good offensively. not sure if Memphis defense deserves the credit or not. sloppy game.

Loyola has been a disappointment so far, as we used to discuss on the A10 board (maybe they still do :)) the A10 suck factor in effect. Loyola will probably be terrible OOC and then win a ton of games in the A10. Maybe we can swing a mid season trade to pick up Bryce for a pick later. When they reach out to us for that pick, we send them Chris Mack's email address from Louisville.

Ugh, UNI was up 14 on San Francisco early in the second half, but was outscored 21–4 over the final eight and a half minutes of the game.

And Mason is about to lose to a 1–4 Buffalo squad.

Opponent Tracker 11/22/2022:

Toledo vs East Carolina - 11:00
Northern Iowa vs Grand Canyon - 11:30 CBSSN
Austin Peay vs Bucknell - 12:00
San Francisco vs Wichita State - 2:00 CBSSN
Tulane vs Rhode Island - 5:00
South Florida vs Saint Joseph's - 6:30
Coppin State vs Towson - 7:00
UC San Diego vs George Washington - 7:00 ESPN+
Stonehill vs Fordham - 7:00 ESPN+
Syracuse vs St. John's - 7:00 ESPN2
Southern Indiana vs St. Bonaventure - 7:00 ESPN+
Fairleigh Dickinson vs Pittsburgh - 8:30 ACCN

A Stat of note and something to keep an eye on. Yuri Collins from Saint Louis currently leads the nation in Assists Per Game, at 9.8 APG. Thats 1.5 APG over the next closest player.

Not so great performance from the early shift...

ECU 86, Toledo 75
Grand Canyon 69, UNI 67
Bucknell 79, Let's Go Peay 65
San Francisco 67, Wichita St. 63

• Sad
Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT