ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker 2022-2023

Davidson holds on against VMI who had it within one basket with under a minute left. VMI might be better than we thought, or maybe Davidson is a lot worse than we thought.
Hold on, I thought a couple posters said that VMI was one of the worst teams in division one and had only one division one quality player?

Last edited:
Yeah, VMI almost beating Davidson says much more about Davidson than about VMI. VMI is what it is, which is very young and very bad.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I think it means VMI isn’t totally incompetent and has a chance to not be the worst team in the country

In other opponent action today...

Mason 73, American 56
FDU 77, Manhattan 74

VT 94, W&M 77

Reactions: plydogg
Of course they are. But I feel sorry for them being so undermanned because of transfers
and injuries.
But, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a lot of posts on this board made by people that
were cut from their H.S. J.V. team.
That undermanned team you feel sorry for out rebounded Davidson 34-30 and also had a higher shooting percentage at 49.1% verse 45.8%

Bottom line, the Spiders played a great game against them and our defense was phenomenal.

Last edited:
UVA UNI game canceled tonight understandably. Not sure they’ll play their football game Sat either given this is a football team related shooting.

Opponent Tracker 11/14/2022:

South Carolina State vs Duquesne - 7:00 CBSSN
Navy vs Coppin State - 7:00
Lafayette vs Saint Joseph's - 7:00 ESPN+
George Washington vs Hofstra - 7:00
Wofford vs Drake - 8:00 ESPN+

Duquesne beat SC State 96-71
Coppin State beat Navy 75-68
Saint Joseph's beat Lafayette 63-59
George Washington lost to Hofstra 85-80
Drake leads Wofford 68-61 with 4:22 left

Opponent Tracker 11/15/2022:

Bucknell vs Saint Peter's - 7:00 ESPN+
Stony Brook vs Rhode Island - 7:00 ESPN+
New Hampshire vs Fordham - 7:00 ESPN+
Queens University vs La Salle - 7:00 ESPN+
Central Connecticut vs *St. John's - 7:00 FS2
South Carolina Upstate vs Clemson - 7:00 ESPN+/ACCNX
Vanderbilt vs *Temple - 7:00 ESPN+
St. Bonaventure vs South Dakota State - 8:00 ESPN+
Memphis vs Saint Louis - 8:00 CBSSN
#21 Dayton vs UNLV - 11:00 CBSSN

Tonights Games Betting Odds:

OOC

Colgate @ Syracuse - 7 pm ET (ACC Network) [-7.5]
South Carolina Upstate @ Clemson - 7 pm ET (ESPN+) [-21]
Bucknell @ Saint Peter's - 7 pm ET (ESPN+) [-2.5]

A-10

Stony Brook @ Rhode Island - 7 pm ET (ESPN+) [-12]
UNH @ Fordham - 7 pm ET (ESPN+) [-7.5]
Queens University @ La Salle - 7 pm ET (ESPN+) [-6]
St. Bonaventure @ South Dakota State - 8 pm ET (ESPN+) [-7]
Memphis @ Saint Louis - 9 pm ET (CBSSN) [-3]
#21 Dayton @ UNLV - 11 pm ET (CBSSN) [+4.5]

All our future opponents are favored tonight except for Bucknell [+2.5] and St. Bonaventure [+7]. Personally watching the Memphis - Saint Louis matchup tonight, as well as Bucknell to see what they can do, they seem to give us trouble

Bucknell looks very long, has shot the 3 very well. Their center is a bit of a ball hog but it opens up opportunities from deep as well. They do look a little slow so I think we have them there. I fear for our ability to rebound

Saint Peter’s is now pressing and causing problems and turnovers, something to note

Bucknell getting Rolled by Saint Peter’s, down 14, bench looks pretty short. Team looks tired as well, echoing my earlier sentiment on lack of athleticism.

ACC looking really weak right now to start the season. It's early but some poor results, and UNC keeping teams in it. They started really slow last year too though and look what happened. Wonder if Boheim lost some steam without his two boys to coach.

Dayton loses to UNLV. UNLV has some players. Mountain West was not supposed to be all that great this year, but looks pretty good early.

Mongolian Mike (that is what the writers call him) is going to be a player. Super skilled for Dayton.

Shaping up like another one of our OOC seasons... The name teams we have either suck or are losing to terrible teams, or both.

ACC looking really weak right now to start the season. It's early but some poor results, and UNC keeping teams in it. They started really slow last year too though and look what happened. Wonder if Boheim lost some steam without his two boys to coach.
Florida State and Louisville a combined 0-6, all home games and pretty sure all buy games as well. That is horrendous.

I don’t either since it doesn’t effect the NET.
However I will be looking at the Davidson/Charleston Over/Under Tomorrow…
I guess we are rooting at some level for Charleston now to be good and maybe our loss turns into a Q2 loss .. Go Cougars but hard for me to root against Davidson outside of conference ...

Florida State and Louisville a combined 0-6, all home games and pretty sure all buy games as well. That is horrendous.
Some people out there may say it is the epitome of brutality :):):)

But the ACC will have 8 teams under consideration after beating up on the Wake's, FSU's , Louisville "name" schools.

BTW, I was hyping Andrew Carr as a guy we should go after in the portal, he is looking like one of Wake's top players so far. Probably was looking to go big conference - but he would have been a good one.

Really concerned about our interior players this year - especially if Grace injury news is not good. Really need Quinn to turn it up and be a 14 pts 8 rebounds with assists guy.

Toledo 112, Oakland 90 - That's an eye-popping score between two D-I teams. Toledo is averaging almost 97 points through three games.

Arizona St. 63, VCU 59 - VCU was up 11 with just under 9 minutes to go and managed just 7 points the rest of the way. Baldwin was out with a wrist injury and he apparently could be out for three weeks.

American 71, W&M 64 - Not much to say here. American's first win of the season.

Opponent Tracker 11/17/2022:

Colorado vs UMass - 1:30 ESPNU
Nebraska vs St. John's* - 6:30 FS1
Albany vs Saint Joseph's - 7:00 ESPN+
Davidson vs Charleston - 7:00 ESPNU
Pittsburgh vs VCU - 7:00 ESPN2
Coppin State vs Tennessee State - 8:30 ESPN+
Loyola-Chicago vs Tulsa - 9:30 ESPNU

Colorado - UMass game should be interesting. Colorado just handily beat a highly ranked Tennessee team.

VCU gets an easy one, Pitt is just awful under Capel. And looks even worse than usual this season. VCU has some guys out I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT