ADVERTISEMENT

Off-Season News

Careful 32 - wasn’t long ago we had a backup QB with some issues. And no, don’t want to rehash those discussions, just saying to be careful with the view from our glass house.

Reactions: jimbog
Our QB issue was NOT a criminal complaint nor was there a plea deal of NO CONTEST.Do your homework.Know the law much?

Seriously? Do you bother to read what anyone else writes? Did I say it was a legal issue? I read the article you posted. My comment was on your statement “at UR he’d gone”. I’m not so sure we are that clear cut on everything. It sounded very pretentious in your post that JMU let’s everything slide and we have zero tolerance for any accusations. Also, to be clear, I’m not advocating we should be cutting people without any consideration (nor am I saying that we handle all our stuff well - I personally think UR often has the right intentions and horrific PR moves).

Just to be clear on this, and I’ll go there without knowing all the facts, based on the article i’d like to think that UR would move on from this guy if we were in the same situation. I’d like to think that JMU does as well.

• April 15 – May 31, 2019: Coaches can take 168 evaluation days. An authorized recruiter can use one evaluation day to assess a recruit’s athletic ability. Then, they can use another evaluation day to assess the recruit’s academic qualifications. Coaches/recruiters can do both assessments on the same day, and then take a second evaluation day to evaluate athletic ability again if they choose.

What is an evaluation period?
During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

Last edited:
Arguably the best football coach we've had. While London gets credit too we don't win national championship without Clawson before him. Still hope he gets job another step up from Wake he deserves it.

Lots of folks would go with Frank Jones(late 60s-early 70s)as the best.Different era for sure.His teams would knock your teeth out.Big,tough,nasty.

Is there a connection with this guy? My son did Wake's camp last year and really not impressed with some of the coaching staff, not to mention the camp was the most unorganized of the 8 camps Ryan attended last year. You would think an ACC P5 school would know how to run a football camp. As with any team camp Clawson wasn't available to the players unless they were a 5 star so never formulated an opinion of him personally.
It was Clawson's recuits that won UR's National Championship in 2008.

From Hardt letter 5/7-

“...Football wrapped up a successful spring season with the annual Spring Game. I hope you were able to come out and support coach Huesman and his program. Coach Huesman made a lot of changes with his coaching staff this offseason and has brought in five new assistant coaches. The staff has been hard at work this spring and we are confident that our future is bright. Our 2019 schedule has already been released with home starting times. We are looking forward to opening our season under the lights for the first-ever midweek night game at Robins Stadium on Thursday, August 29, when we host Jacksonville. Hope to see you there!”

Reactions: mojo-spider
Anyone know how season ticket sales for football went this year? I imagine it will be hard to get a truthful answer.

Not a nice payday for me so I would just as soon as get a win against anyone....so tired of mediocrity.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT